The Locals

i absolutely adore sites like The Selby and Freunde von Fruenden that let us peek into the homes of (mostly) ordinary people. the kind of spaces that won’t necessarily be featured in a fancy interior magazine, where pets are allowed to chill on the furniture and rooms aren’t perfectly immaculate. The Locals is another happy discovery that showcases the apartments of people living in Moscow.

, , , , ,

17 Responses to The Locals

1. Petit-Maître Thursday 10 November, 2011 at 8:37 pm #

A nice initiative with lovely photos! Maybe a little private but at the same time inviting and charming.

2. hello friday Thursday 10 November, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

So beautiful!! xoxo

3. Vale Thursday 10 November, 2011 at 9:24 pm #

thank you for a great hint, i was very suprised that this are moscow interiors – unpretentious and intelligent.

4. rooth Thursday 10 November, 2011 at 10:39 pm #

It’s always interesting to see how people decorate their homes “in real life” – thanks for sharing

5. cristina Friday 11 November, 2011 at 12:32 am #

Oh,thank you for this.Russian culture and language is quite close to my heart and this site is a total gem.

6. Bere Friday 11 November, 2011 at 1:00 am #

I love those sites, actually i got inspired by them and start my own project in México ;) It´s called the closet voyeur

I hope you like it!

7. Joy Friday 11 November, 2011 at 3:14 am #

These are all so gorgeous!

8. Erin Friday 11 November, 2011 at 4:23 am #

I love those glass bottles and wilted flowers. Remnants of something lovely, still lovely.

9. Kori Friday 11 November, 2011 at 6:48 am #

Lovely! I want to live in each of these spaces. This is giving me a long list of ideas for my own place (someday soon, I hope!). Thanks so much for the inspiration!

10. Kym Friday 11 November, 2011 at 10:07 am #

and awesome photography does help! These sites are my favourite too :)

Kym
    abandonshipblog.blogspot.com

11. ceparie Friday 11 November, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

favorite post of the week!

12. caroline Saturday 12 November, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

what a great site, thanks for sharing. I wish I could read russian (or if google translate could actually translate).

13. Sasha Saturday 12 November, 2011 at 7:24 pm #

I am so hopelessly addicted to these kinds of websites. thanks for sharing a new one!

14. laura (see hear say) Sunday 13 November, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

this is awesome, the thing i love about this kind of site is that they show real places from day to day life, so it’s not like all the stuff have been put in place on purpose for styling interior mags. i only know the selby but have never heard of the other 2 sites, going to stroll around what they’ve got now! thanks for sharing!!

15. Agnes Deer Sunday 13 November, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

Thanks for sharing! Next to fashion interior decoration is one of my favorite things to look at! :)

16. yv Tuesday 15 November, 2011 at 6:55 am #

love how the photos are taken

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Should Bedrooms be Calming or Energizing? « design-vox - Monday 21 November, 2011

[...] That, friends, is a wall of wood. It’s quite masculine, and definitely dramatic, and I love it. The Locals via Miss Moss. [...]