28 six months in a leaky boat
Music

Six Months In A Leaky Boat

i’ve been wanting to make the guest music mixes a more regular thing, and couldn’t think of a better way to kick that off than this playlist from my new friend Nick. he played it in the car when we were driving around cape town on one of those perfect almost-summer days, where the most important thing on your to-do list is eating gelato by the sea.

Because I’m out of touch with the new sounds, my mixes tend to be archaeological; I’m totally preoccupied with stuff thats a few sedimentary layers down and immediately recognizable and resonant to me when I find it. “Wait, holy shit, that’s Van Morrison?!? That’s important.”

To wit, 11 tracks of some importance to take with you on a leaky boat.

1. Once Upon a Time in the West – Dire Straits
2. Hold Me – Fleetwood Mac
3. Dweller on the Threshold – Van Morrison
4. Castles Made of Sand – Rhett Butler
5. Think Too Much (B) – Paul Simon
6. But I Might Die Tonight – Cat Stevens
7. Fearless – Pink Floyd
8. Green Shirt – Elvis Costello & The Attractions
9. Cattle and Cane – The Go-Betweens
10. Things Can Only Get Better (Live) – Howard Jones
11. Six Months In A Leaky Boat – Split Enz

Download the mix here.

cover image courtesy of the gahetna archives. all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Joy Friday 2 December, 2011 at 8:12 am

Beautiful graphics. Beautiful music. Unbeatable.

• Reply Lyndsay Friday 2 December, 2011 at 8:31 am

A great mix should always include Fleetwood Mac and Split Enz. Looking forward to listening to this one whilst I wind down this Friday night.

• Reply Solja Friday 2 December, 2011 at 9:34 am

After giving it a spin, I must say it’s also the perfect mix for a rainy winter’s day. Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! Friday 2 December, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I love that so much older music is featured- I love ‘discovering’ older stuff! Great mix.

• Reply Esha Friday 2 December, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I wish I didn’t have to wait until I go home to download this! You should share your playlists on Spotify!

• Reply girluntitled Friday 2 December, 2011 at 5:18 pm

“when i was a young boy…i wanted to sail around the world…” excellent choice!

• Reply Christina Friday 2 December, 2011 at 11:47 pm

How do you make those downloadable playlist’s? :) I cant figure it out :(

• Reply Morgane Saturday 3 December, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I wish you could make a 8tracks account to post all your wonderful playlist there (: Did you ever thought about it?

• Reply Dom Sunday 4 December, 2011 at 4:44 am

Thank you so much for the lovely music! They provide perfect motivation during long, tiring days at the library, studying for finals.. x

• Reply cara Sunday 4 December, 2011 at 5:49 am

you have the best mixes. thank you.

• Reply umanbn Sunday 4 December, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Nice blog and the sounds look good….I’m familiar with all the artists but not with all the tunes….I guess will just have to listen!

• Reply Paige Sunday 4 December, 2011 at 8:21 pm

This mix just made my Sunday, thank you!

• Reply Giving & Receiving. « PoseCity Wednesday 7 December, 2011 at 7:29 am

[…] “Six Months in a Leaky Boat” mix via Miss Moss I’ve written before about my love for the blog Miss Moss; little did […]

• Reply marisa Monday 12 December, 2011 at 5:11 am