Mermaid

spotted this picture on jessica’s tumblr and immediately began a hunt to find the maker. let me take this opportunity to tell you about a handy tool that allows you to track down the original source for images you may find on places like tumblr, pinterest, ffffound, we heart it etc – places that are notorious for sharing content without crediting the original artist / photographer / blogger. i’ve been using src img ever since kristina tweeted about it and it really does work!

anyway so, Mermaid (or Rusalka in russian). this is was shot by Nika Kurnosova with Olga Moskvina as the mermaid. what a beautiful and ambitious shoot, something i’d expect to see on the pages of Vogue – quite Annie Leibovitz-esque.

, , ,

25 Responses to Mermaid

1. Kai Monday 19 December, 2011 at 9:19 am #

These images are breathing taking.
    I also love src img. It just drives me bat crazy when people do not take the time to properly give credit to the original source

texturetexture.blogspot.com

2. Ida Ayu Melati Monday 19 December, 2011 at 9:59 am #

Yess!! this is so beautiful. Oh my God!!! that fish tail cloth. where does that come from??

3. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! Monday 19 December, 2011 at 10:32 am #

Love these! Thanks for sharing src image- great tool!

4. HRCK Monday 19 December, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Wow, definitely have not seen a photo shoot like this one before! You’re right– very Annie Leibovitz-esque. I wonder if the model knew she’d be holding a fish against her face when she showed up to work that day.

5. fashionablecollections Monday 19 December, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

Love these photographs they are STUNNING.

6. Anne Monday 19 December, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

Omg..so disgustingly beautiful. It’s pretty gross yet somehow I can’t look away..

7. Kristin Monday 19 December, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

Look up “Mermaid Melissa” if you want a real looking mermaid wow factor! Nice to see images of a black mermaid tail though on this model.

8. Emily Monday 19 December, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

Thank you so much for the tip, I always want to know where the originals come from so I can credit them. I’ll be using that solidly from now on.

Oh and they are beautiful pictures!

Emily x

9. CANDY PING PONG Monday 19 December, 2011 at 10:43 pm #

Magical pictures!
    This src img is a really helpful thing!!! There are so many beautiful pictures in the net – without any link back to the original source…sometimes there to beautiful not to share them… Now I know how to find the sources. Thank you so much for sharing!

10. Vicki Monday 19 December, 2011 at 10:58 pm #

Brilliant! Thanks for the src img whotsit – will try spread the word too. Have a happy holiday D! V x

11. laura Monday 19 December, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

Wow, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing these.

12. hila Tuesday 20 December, 2011 at 4:11 am #

this is brilliant!

and thanks for tweeting about src img – I’ve been using it to track down the original sources of many images blogged and re-blogged on tumblr without credit. You know what really annoys me the most on tumblr though? When bloggers not only don’t provide their image source, but also go out of their way to link every image to their own blog, as if it’s their own image. I’ve seen people do this to your own images diana (i.e. your colour comparisons, and the like) and it just bugs me everytime.

13. yv Tuesday 20 December, 2011 at 8:06 am #

the photos r so pretty!

14. Carla Tuesday 20 December, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Thanks for the tip about src, very handy to know. Beautiful pictures.

15. prestiti inps Wednesday 21 December, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

these photos are fantastic. I like the different grays and pallid face I like the protagonist. Dani s.

16. Jen Wednesday 21 December, 2011 at 9:09 pm #

You can also go to google and click on images then drag a picture into the bar and it works :)

17. K L Parry Wednesday 21 December, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

Really Beautiful

18. jessica Monday 26 December, 2011 at 4:32 am #

WOW! All these images are gorgeous…my favorite is the third! I really love the detailing in the outfit that truly makes her look like a mermaid. Totally obsessed.

19. Elizabeth Thursday 29 December, 2011 at 4:39 pm #

Thank you SO much for pointing me to the src-img bookmark!! This is incredibly helpful and I will pass it along to as many people as I can!

20. Cori and Skotte Thursday 29 December, 2011 at 9:49 pm #

The pictures are amazing! And – thank you for posting the image finder link! It will be very handy to find the originator!

21. Sherisa D Friday 30 December, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

these photos are haunting. in the best way imaginable. src img is AWESOME. thanks!!

22. sally Friday 30 December, 2011 at 9:52 pm #

Enchanting….and (this is dorky) they remind me of Game of Thrones somehow (Sansa?). Or maybe that new Pixar movie Brave. Just something ancient and ethereal about them.

23. sophie Thursday 26 January, 2012 at 12:09 pm #

or you can just drag and drop the photo on google image and it works perfectely too ! :)

24. tess - lechaperonrouge.tumblr.com Saturday 18 February, 2012 at 12:45 am #

Wowee, this is the most beautiful shoot I’ve seen in a while. I adore it. I actually have featured it now on my blog since I found out about it via here. It’s absolutely enchanting xx Tess

25. Kira Wednesday 24 April, 2013 at 4:05 pm #