Slaap

a welcome side-effect of this time of year is just wanting to sleep, all the time. i am an early riser by nature but lately i’ve been flirting with the snooze button and am quickly becoming an expert at the snappy (and not so snappy) afternoon nap. there isn’t even the “it’s winter and we need to hibernate” excuse to fall back on … since it’s summer in this part of the world – i shouldn’t have to explain that but sometimes the hemispheres seem to surprise people.

this will be my last post of the year… a fitting one, i feel. i hope that you have a great new years weekend and that you end up having a good time whichever way you choose to celebrate it.

please click on the images for their originals.

caroline adler

gregory dryapak

andrey noskov

– sandra martínez larumbe

laura encursiva

daniel senior

ashlie chavez

anett holmvik

cecelia casas

scott w. h. young

alexis mire

, , ,

20 Responses to Slaap

1. Joy Friday 30 December, 2011 at 8:13 am #

love the selection of photos. i feel the same exact way for napping. have a great NYE!

2. Ella Friday 30 December, 2011 at 8:36 am #

Glad I’m not the only one. Can’t even remember if I’ve had two or three naps today. It’s amazing what sleep can do. So THAT’s what I look like without eyebags. Who cares if it’s summer. Methinks we deserve a few snoozes!

3. Ella Friday 30 December, 2011 at 8:38 am #

Glad I’m not the only one. Can’t even remember if I’ve had two or three naps today. It’s amazing what sleep can do. So THAT’s what I look like without eye bags. Who cares if it’s summer. Methinks we deserve a few snoozes!

4. ella Friday 30 December, 2011 at 10:08 am #

Heat = sleepy. I think we should all get our spanish on and embrace the midday siesta.

5. nathalia Friday 30 December, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

aww i would love to stay home in bed as well! … happy new year’s eve.. love reading your blog !

step by my blog if you like :)

6. sage Friday 30 December, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

love love love this collection of bed photographs. when i was in art school i would photograph people in their beds – it always made strangers feel more comfortable and it’s my favorite place to be in the house :)

7. Edelweissnyc Friday 30 December, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

I am the same way. Always been a morning person but in the winter I sleep in a little longer. Not much but I do. I think that is why I enjoy the summer so much. I love getting up early.

8. {gemmifer} Friday 30 December, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

I’ve been suffering from the same ailment lately… Always a late riser, I’ve become an early bird over the past year. This week off from work, I’ve fallen easily back into my old ways. Next Monday morning is going to be tough when the alarm goes off at 6 and I have no choice but to heed its call.
    Happy New Year to you!

9. Estefanía Mendívil Saturday 31 December, 2011 at 1:00 am #

Love the pictures, makes me sleepy! Nice blog it´s my first time visiting, already following! have a happy new year!

10. Jasmin Saturday 31 December, 2011 at 11:53 am #

Beautiful post!!!

11. Ym Saturday 31 December, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

A interesting and sometimes overlooked subject for a picture.
    I’ll document some of myself next year: in and around my bed :)

12. Zane Sunday 1 January, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

love the photos

13. Lazy Lisa Monday 2 January, 2012 at 12:12 am #

I love this selection ! people laying or sleeping or empty beds with beautiful light make really nice pictures i think. and yes this is so fitting, i wish i had spent new years eve comfortably in my bed (what else?) happy new year to you Miss Moss !

14. hila Monday 2 January, 2012 at 7:26 am #

this is certainly one of the ways I’d like to spend my first week of January :)

happy new year diana! drop me a line via email when you’re not too busy.

xx

15. Rebecca Monday 2 January, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

I do love my sleep, and whilst I can blame it on the blistering winter outside here in the UK, I never do. It’s simply because I’m one of those people who love their sleep. It’s actually defined as laziness, but “love my sleep” makes it sound nicer and more acceptable. Love the selection of photos you have chosen!

16. Vanessa Tuesday 3 January, 2012 at 12:16 am #

I looooove these photos. Great choices!

17. Maria Wednesday 4 January, 2012 at 10:29 am #

that was fun to read :):):)
    and i lovvveeeee the last picture!
    so adorable :)

p.s.it’s the first time i know you are from down under…i have always wanted to know someone from Australia and now i do :):):)

18. f Wednesday 4 January, 2012 at 9:59 pm #

love these! especially the second and third photos… just makes me want to crawl into bed. especially because it’s freezing here in nyc.

19. Sweet Harvest Moon Thursday 5 January, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

I love to sleep but I love to get up early because there is so much to do in a day!

20. Kate Thursday 8 November, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

Hi there,

You have a picture of mine that is posted on this page: http://www.missmoss.co.za/2011/12/30/slaap/

I need you to take down my photo (the one of the bed taken by Kate Van Brocklin) because when you google my name now, the photo below shows up (the one of the couple in bed) and I don’t want my name associated with it since I’m applying for jobs right now.

Beautiful blog though.