Slaap

a welcome side-effect of this time of year is just wanting to sleep, all the time. i am an early riser by nature but lately i’ve been flirting with the snooze button and am quickly becoming an expert at the snappy (and not so snappy) afternoon nap. there isn’t even the “it’s winter and we need to hibernate” excuse to fall back on … since it’s summer in this part of the world – i shouldn’t have to explain that but sometimes the hemispheres seem to surprise people.

this will be my last post of the year… a fitting one, i feel. i hope that you have a great new years weekend and that you end up having a good time whichever way you choose to celebrate it.

please click on the images for their originals.

caroline adler

gregory dryapak

andrey noskov

– sandra martínez larumbe

laura encursiva

daniel senior

ashlie chavez

anett holmvik

cecelia casas

scott w. h. young

alexis mire

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. says

Glad I’m not the only one. Can’t even remember if I’ve had two or three naps today. It’s amazing what sleep can do. So THAT’s what I look like without eyebags. Who cares if it’s summer. Methinks we deserve a few snoozes!

2. says

Glad I’m not the only one. Can’t even remember if I’ve had two or three naps today. It’s amazing what sleep can do. So THAT’s what I look like without eye bags. Who cares if it’s summer. Methinks we deserve a few snoozes!

3. says

love love love this collection of bed photographs. when i was in art school i would photograph people in their beds – it always made strangers feel more comfortable and it’s my favorite place to be in the house :)

4. says

I’ve been suffering from the same ailment lately… Always a late riser, I’ve become an early bird over the past year. This week off from work, I’ve fallen easily back into my old ways. Next Monday morning is going to be tough when the alarm goes off at 6 and I have no choice but to heed its call.
    Happy New Year to you!

5. says

I love this selection ! people laying or sleeping or empty beds with beautiful light make really nice pictures i think. and yes this is so fitting, i wish i had spent new years eve comfortably in my bed (what else?) happy new year to you Miss Moss !

6. says

this is certainly one of the ways I’d like to spend my first week of January :)

happy new year diana! drop me a line via email when you’re not too busy.

xx

7. says

I do love my sleep, and whilst I can blame it on the blistering winter outside here in the UK, I never do. It’s simply because I’m one of those people who love their sleep. It’s actually defined as laziness, but “love my sleep” makes it sound nicer and more acceptable. Love the selection of photos you have chosen!

8. Maria says

that was fun to read :):):)
    and i lovvveeeee the last picture!
    so adorable :)

p.s.it’s the first time i know you are from down under…i have always wanted to know someone from Australia and now i do :):):)

9. Kate says

Hi there,

You have a picture of mine that is posted on this page: http://www.missmoss.co.za/2011/12/30/slaap/

I need you to take down my photo (the one of the bed taken by Kate Van Brocklin) because when you google my name now, the photo below shows up (the one of the couple in bed) and I don’t want my name associated with it since I’m applying for jobs right now.

Beautiful blog though.