Vintage

Covers, etc

Covers etc is one of my favourite flickr streams to browse as it combines my love for vintage, design and, occasionally, salaciousness all into one. there are some seriously saucy book covers over there (admittedly my favourites, most of which i won’t post here due to the boobs factor) – but also an array of beautiful illustrative work and good ol’ mid-century design.

all images courtesy of Covers etc

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Dan Mae Monday 23 January, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I just went and had a look at the Flickr stream. There are so many Modesty Blaise covers!

• Reply miss crowland Monday 23 January, 2012 at 5:35 pm

AMAZING. Thanks for posting this!

• Reply Val @ A Cleaner Closet Monday 23 January, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Fantastic. I love the melodrama!

• Reply Connie Monday 23 January, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Love these covers. Thank you. This totally made my day!

• Reply Ry Pepper Monday 23 January, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I am going to read every single one of these and then hang them on my wall. Ha! Love.

• Reply Hannah Tuesday 24 January, 2012 at 5:26 am

aahhh!!!! crazy good.

• Reply Amber Tuesday 24 January, 2012 at 11:30 am

I absolutely love vintage book covers, especially the ones that are moth-eaten around the edges. I am reading a book in bed at the moment that has shed several pages already. Oops.

The girl on The Drop Out cover has the same nose as me!

• Reply abfabteam Tuesday 24 January, 2012 at 2:05 pm

we have just discovered your blog. if you like our blog please follow us
    And you can see our magazine here: http://www.absolutelyfabulous.ro
    Hope you like it!
    kissses,
    D&A

• Reply sonia Tuesday 24 January, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Et dire que j’ai donné toutes mes revues des années 70… que de regrets !

• Reply Kate Wednesday 25 January, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Wow. I want to read these all!

• Reply Gracie Friday 27 January, 2012 at 1:12 am

• Reply Alexandra Sunday 29 January, 2012 at 8:33 am

Many thanks for the post!
    Actually am reading the Simone de Beavoir’s book – i wish it had this cover! It would have set a completely different atmosphere for this book.
    Amazing what a bookcover can do