30 this will be our year
Music

This Will Be Our Year

hey, it’s a music mix. happy friday!

this will be our year. playlist:

1. the shins – simple song
  2. miniature tigers – boomerang
  3. summer camp – down
  4. citizens! – true romance (gigamesh remix)
  5. ladyhawke – black, white & blue
  6. papa – i am the lion king (st. lucia remix)
  7. of montreal – dour percentage
  8. eli mardock – everything happens for the first time
  9. the brokenmusicbox – we will
  10. yellow ostrich – marathon runner
  11. ghost beach – first time
  12. memory house – this will be our year (zombie cover)
  13. conveyor – mukraker
  14. mesita – on through the dark

cover image one hundred percent completely inspired by thisall music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply shaylah fawn deViney Friday 27 January, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I’m so incredibly happy that you included The Shins! That album is one that I am most anticipating this year! Great Mix! Thank You so much for compiling it!

• Reply eves Friday 27 January, 2012 at 3:54 pm

just in time for the weekend. dig the cover too. thanks diana.

• Reply Arvolyn Friday 27 January, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Its gloomy and rainy here and when I woke up and saw this mix my day got a lot brighter. I am cheesy but thank you so much I treasure all of your mixes!

• Reply Sarah B Friday 27 January, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Well what do you know…I came here today to find some music and poof! There it was right in the front row ;) Thank you so much Diana for all of the amazing compilations and continuing to expose us all to some much-needed newness. I am very happy to see Summer Camp on the list – obsessed.

Keep shining!
    xo, Sarah B

• Reply f Friday 27 January, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Yay, you made my friday!

• Reply @Bere_jh Friday 27 January, 2012 at 5:46 pm

<3 love it! happy friday

• Reply Pamela Baez Friday 27 January, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Yahhh!!! Your mix could not have come at a better time… I needed to hear something new, but something good :)

• Reply messick Friday 27 January, 2012 at 8:35 pm

T H A N K S moss!

• Reply Laura Friday 27 January, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Great mixtape! It reminded me of this artist which I’ve been listening to lately.

• Reply Noémie Friday 27 January, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I was juuuust wishing you would post another music mix! Thanks so much Diana!

• Reply Maria Saturday 28 January, 2012 at 9:02 am

I LOVE MUSIC MIX DAY :)

• Reply mosey Saturday 28 January, 2012 at 6:45 pm

This is awesome. I really needed some new music – thanks!

• Reply Hannah Saturday 28 January, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Never downloaded one of your mixes before, thought I would today since I had some time. Have to say, I really like it considereing the only artists I’ve heard of are The Shins. Love your site and your taste in design/music!

• Reply Joy Sunday 29 January, 2012 at 2:36 am

yay it’s been a while since your last playlist :D

• Reply Michelle Sunday 29 January, 2012 at 7:27 am

Dig this mix! This put a groove into my weekend and my booty shakin! Thanks for compiling this good combo of artists, all are new to me except The Shins. Keep on keepin’ on, girl!

• Reply this kind of day « PINEGATE ROAD Sunday 29 January, 2012 at 8:17 pm

[…] Sunday everyone. I’m currently enjoying THIS MIX, by the ever so cunning MISS MOSS, and I’m lusting over THESE CLOGS…I’m in a […]

• Reply Lance Daniels Sunday 29 January, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Wow, great cover art, and the track listing has a few artists I’ve never heard before… excited to dig in!

• Reply Greta Sunday 29 January, 2012 at 11:38 pm

A lovely play list! Thanks a lot!

• Reply casey Monday 30 January, 2012 at 7:02 am

Enjoying this alot. Thank you.

• Reply Nicolette Lafonseca-Hargreaves Monday 30 January, 2012 at 1:45 pm

What a super playlist I am going to set it up on my spotify for sewing later

Nicolette xo

• Reply sally Monday 30 January, 2012 at 8:06 pm

aw, the zombies are my favorite, made me strangely happy to see the cover based around them. :) some good names on here, so excited to hear this!

• Reply louisa louisa Tuesday 31 January, 2012 at 1:19 am

I’m so glad to discover your wonderful and very inspiring blog.thank you very much for including the picture from louisa louisa etsy shop.

• Reply Emma-Jane Tuesday 31 January, 2012 at 11:16 am

love this mix. been listening to it on repeat.

• Reply sass Thursday 2 February, 2012 at 2:47 am

just wanted to say thank you for all your wonderful mixes. you have made me discover quite a lot of great music. thanks for taking the time to make them for us!

• Reply michaela Thursday 2 February, 2012 at 10:07 pm

thank you thank you thank you. not only is this a great mix, but it introduced me to so many great artists!

• Reply Court Friday 3 February, 2012 at 8:50 am

This Will Be Our Year is one of my favorite songs, so happy you did a mix that includes a cover. And I was super excited for the cover art, too, I’ve seen the inspiration for that before and it always makes me happy. Hooray for awesome simplicity and good design!

• Reply Katie Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Sick mix! thank you!

• Reply Kaitlin Wednesday 15 February, 2012 at 6:49 am

You don’t happen to have a spotify account I can follow, do you?

• Reply Miss Moss Wednesday 15 February, 2012 at 9:54 am

nope – sorry (not available to south africans…)

• Reply Kate Saturday 18 February, 2012 at 1:04 am

I know virtually nothing about modern music, so I am looking forward to the discoveries!

• Reply Nathalie Tuesday 28 February, 2012 at 2:32 am

Thanks for the song recommendations! I will be sure to listen to them all. c: