Kinfolk

FYI: i put the blog on facebook yesterday – i don’t use it much myself (i much prefer twitter for general internet gabbing & sharing) – but i can’t ignore the fact that for many people it is their choice platform for staying in touch with blogs / companies/ artists / things they like. i get it! so if you’d like to follow the blog on there, please do.

{pardon the crappy iphone shot}

i was hit by one of those dreadful 24 hour flus last night that rendered me completely useless all day today. in between sleeping and keeping one delirious eye on the internet i got a welcome delivery of Kinfolk magazine – a publication i have been wanting to get into since their launch last year. i’m actually ashamed that i had never read a copy till now, only because i almost never bother ordering anything from the US any more since shipping something all the way to south africa is always an issue (lost, bent, damaged, subject to custom charges).

but this beautiful magazine managed to get to my door unscathed, thank goodness – as it really is something to treasure. you can actually read their first issue online and you can buy the second issue for your iPad, but i highly recommend getting a printed copy if you can. it will be an exquisite addition to any library. the story of the honey harvest by sarah winward really captivated me.

Honey Harvest photos by Leo Patrone, film by Tiger in a Jar

, , ,

9 Responses to Kinfolk

1. Courtney Monday 6 February, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

It looks beautiful! I live in New Zealand so I know what you mean about the difficulty of getting slightly different magazines! Might be just as well though, or I’d never get anything done…

2. Sara Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 1:00 am #

What beautiful imagery! I love the stuff that Kinfolk do!

3. Heather Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 1:19 am #

Ohhh that magazine does look lovely! I’ve never heard of it, but I’ll definitely have to look into it now! Thanks for sharing!

4. Rae Veda Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 4:33 am #

What a beautiful magazine! I think I need to get my hands on a copy. xo, rv

5. Katrina Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 4:53 am #

I’m stopping by for the first time, and wanted to say you have such a lovely blog! I’m looking forward to stopping by more often!

6. Kori Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 5:14 am #

I was so excited when I received my issue in the mail too! And the beekeeper was my favorite essay too. Hope you’re feeling better now!

7. Leanne Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 9:05 am #

Great!!!

8. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! Tuesday 7 February, 2012 at 9:27 am #

I know what you mean about getting things from the US! If I go to London there’s loads of choice, but not where I live in the UK at the moment.

I love Kinfolk magazine, so beautiful and wonderfully designed.

9. Betül Wednesday 8 February, 2012 at 1:38 pm #