Music

First Aid Kit

i thought i’d try to talk about music more regularly on here, instead of just resorting to the music mixes every month. here’s someone you need to listen to – First Aid Kit. their new album The Lion’s Roar was released a couple of weeks ago. these photos were taken by Neil Krug, a fantastic photographer whose work you also need to get into. hey, double discovery whammy! also, if you don’t know anything about First Aid Kit – Johanna and Klara are in fact Swedish and were born in the 1990’s (as a child of the eighties it always amazes me when such accomplished people are about a decade younger than myself). now listen to their music, watch their videos, and prepare to have your mind blown.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Renáta Wednesday 8 February, 2012 at 9:28 pm

zhose girl are amazing! i discovered them few years ago and now they are som “famous”… i am really happy for them. their music is so inspiring :)

• Reply Sarah Wednesday 8 February, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I saw them a few months ago opening for Bright Eyes. It was magical- they’re super talented young ladies.

• Reply jennette Thursday 9 February, 2012 at 12:30 am

Love First Aid Kit! Get to see them here in seattle in a couple months! i already have tickets! yay! thanks for the grouping of videos! xox

• Reply Amanda Mol Thursday 9 February, 2012 at 1:09 am

Sweet and amazing!
    I am delighted with these songs!

• Reply Heather Thursday 9 February, 2012 at 2:58 am

So so lovely :) Thanks for sharing!!

• Reply Dana Thursday 9 February, 2012 at 5:40 am

loved them ever since that wondrous Fleet Foxes cover they did on youtube. the photos are magic too. Neil Krug is the man.

• Reply Loulou Thursday 9 February, 2012 at 2:35 pm

They are so good! Their voices go together so perfectly.

Loulou Downtown

• Reply Christy Smith Thursday 9 February, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Goodness me – those Swedes make some great musicians…just bought this album also so excited for Tallest Man on Earth tomorrow!

• Reply kelly Thursday 9 February, 2012 at 8:35 pm

great pick. I can’t get emmylou out of my head every time I listen to it…been meaning to blog about it myself. :)

• Reply Sarah Friday 10 February, 2012 at 4:02 pm

SOLD! I love this. It has country in it that I miss.

Thanks for sharing lady :)

• Reply Rosie Friday 10 February, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Just received my vinyl copy in the post yesterday, coincidentally I’m giving it a listen right now. SO GOOD!

• Reply E Friday 10 February, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I discovered First Aid Kit last week too and have listened to their song Emmylou about 60 times since then. It’s my new favorite.

• Reply Alison Saturday 11 February, 2012 at 5:02 am

WHOA. Thanks so much, I think I just found my new favourite band.

• Reply Marjolein Saturday 11 February, 2012 at 1:51 pm

look how cute they were here :)

• Reply märta Monday 27 February, 2012 at 9:24 am

i love this. makes me proud to be swedish.