The home of Børge Mogensen

i haven’t been able to get the home of famed Danish furniture designer Børge Mogensen out of my mind all week. i keep going back to Bo Bedre to look at all the rooms and oooooh over the light, the furniture & all the wood detailing. the kitchen is over 50 years old and the cabinets look like they were installed yesterday. in the future when i wince at the price of a beautiful piece of furniture or get quoted something crazy for custom cabinetry i’ll remember this house and how quality keeps for decades. might have to steal his framing idea, too…

all images courtesy of Bo Bedre

, , , , , , ,

23 Responses to The home of Børge Mogensen

1. Den Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 8:54 am #

so friggin cool. that framing idea is pretty amazing. especially love the 1:1 scale technical drawing on the wall! (we should do that for buildings…)

2. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 9:18 am #

So awesome. I love all of the wood! Love the outside space too.

3. Christina Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 11:24 am #

This is like a travel back in time for me! In the 70′s everything was brown (and orange) in the danish homes :D I like it, but it’s too old-school at the moment ;)
    - If you like Børge Mogensen, you might like Arne Jacobsen even better? (:

4. Susana Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

This is so cool…love your posts ,anyway!

5. Mary Chandler Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

that is the loveliest home i have ever seen. timeless, classic, and still feels so home-y.

6. Nicolette Lafonseca-Hargreaves Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

Everytime you post a home tour i find a new dream decor and my house if too small to fit them all in
    You have flawless taste

Nicolette xo

7. Gwen@poppiesandpaperbacks.com Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

Diana! I love your style, I love your musical taste and if everyone who loves your blog doesn’t follow you on twitter, they are missing out on some of the best tweets ever! Also, they should like you on facebook (though I am quite anti facebook, I liked you 2x)! I’m actually writing today becasue I wanted to share a website with you that you might like…http://fab.com/sale/
    XO Gwenny

• Miss Moss Thursday 1 March, 2012 at 7:41 am #

thanks Gwen! so nice of you…

unfortunately Fab.com doesn’t ship to South Africa…. story of my life ;)

8. Jen Wednesday 29 February, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

it’s beautiful, i love all the wooden ceilings. x

9. Heather Thursday 1 March, 2012 at 12:50 am #

Oh my wow that house is gorgeous! I love all of the wood, especially the ceilings
    xo Heather

10. Sarah Thursday 1 March, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

I would love to live here!

11. My Friday 2 March, 2012 at 7:44 am #

I like the sense of warmth that his designs have even though the style is minimal. I love your blog by the way. The colour comparisons especially … ironic that I’m commenting on the home post. Gotta love mid century modern!

12. rooth Friday 2 March, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

Oh damn. This home is cozy yet classy, modern but retaining some traditional elements – everything I want. I do love the framing idea as well

13. Clare Pirie Monday 5 March, 2012 at 1:52 am #

This is an excellent house..thanks for posting

14. Maria - Mary made this. Monday 5 March, 2012 at 11:41 am #

It such a beautiful house and it almost feels like inside is outside in some rooms. I love that!

15. Paige Wednesday 7 March, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

One of the coolest homes I’ve seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing!

16. rosa Thursday 8 March, 2012 at 11:03 am #

This house and everything in it makes me want to cry, cause I don’t live in it! So utterly gorgeous.

17. Finn Sloth Wednesday 14 March, 2012 at 11:30 am #

I was there, before his wife died. This was soooo much HIM !! Luckily it is nopw owned by a passionate furniture-man. I have some of his (discontinued) designs, still. And a couple of prototypes as well (still). But (here) I see his own drawings of the chairs # 200-201 for Soborg MF.

18. Kate Friday 16 March, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Amazing house!

Kisses from Barcelona

19. Emilie Thursday 5 April, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

Lovely to read your words! I am the grand daughter of Børge Mogensen and this place has been my weekend house all my life. Now its been sold as my grandmother just passed away. Love!

20. gawaine Wednesday 16 May, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

mindfuck beautiful… if you need any more pieces pay http://www.midcenturymodern.co.za a visit!!! or come into showroom at 10 Duurham Avenue Salt River Cape Town…

21. Brad Tuesday 25 February, 2014 at 6:34 pm #

Wow, just beautiful. Borge Mogensen’s designs are truly fantastic, and seeing a house just chalked full of his Spanish chairs is a site.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Danish delight « Not Dutch - Saturday 3 March, 2012

[...] Can one swoon over a house? Because I’m swooning over Børge Mogensen’s. [...]