Confezioni Crosby F/W 2012

easter is my favourite holiday. not because of the chocolate (who cares about the chocolate? we can buy that stuff all year round – who are we kidding.) no no, it’s because every easter weekend in my living memory has marked the turn of the seasons. it will always be cold & rainy without fail. and i look forward to it so, so much – especially when the march heat waves almost send me to the brink of tears. okay i’m exaggerating, those were probably just my eyes sweating.

and – rain it did this weekend! we had a mini-break in the karoo where good intentions of taking photos of the stars were ruined by amazingly cloudy weather. i was of course completely okay just hanging out indoors cooking lamb on the fire.

so when i spotted the confezioni crosby f/w 2012 lookbook (who i previously posted about here and here) over at jessica’s blog i felt it was quite serendipitous owing to my current joyous feelings about our impending winter. today i stopped to look at a tree whose leaves were turning and i almost broke into song. almost.

, , , , ,

14 Responses to Confezioni Crosby F/W 2012

1. Natasha Fatah Tuesday 10 April, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

Oh it’s too bad that we’re not able to pin these outfit shots. They’re so beautiful!

xoxo
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Miss Moss Tuesday 10 April, 2012 at 10:27 pm #

unfortunately it’s not something i can control, i host my images on flickr & they’re set to private – it seems that pinterest has recently changed their settings which means you can’t pin them anymore.

2. C Tuesday 10 April, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

Haha, here in the other hemisphere, I always look forward to Easter time for the season changing into sunshine and warmth and rainy/grey days ending. In any case, that’s a gorgeous lookbook. I love all the rich colours and velvets…

3. sheila Tuesday 10 April, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

lovely jewel tones and cozy places. it’s funny to me to hear your thoughts about easter and the weather change, i feel the same excitement when september rolls around and the weather starts to turn to fall/winter for us. i’d love to say easter signals warmth for us and we can stop layering but i think it’s a myth. because every easter here is also rainy and still too cold for spring outfits. so maybe we share the same clouds as we do the same moon or something, for a little while in the year. today is a high of 7 degrees. brrrr. enjoy your fall/winter, Diana.

4. Lorena Wednesday 11 April, 2012 at 12:33 am #

Nice collection! Warm and cozy

5. Audrey - This Little Street Wednesday 11 April, 2012 at 3:32 am #

I wish I could pin too, these outfits are gorgeous!

6. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! Wednesday 11 April, 2012 at 7:46 am #

Yeah I normally love Easter too as it marks the turn to sunnier days here, but not so much this year!

Love this collection!

7. Sherisa D Wednesday 11 April, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I must live in a peculiar spot because I could definitely see me in most of those clothes right now. Oh Amsterdam and you’re horrid weather. I really like the feel of the look book as well.

8. Marianna Wednesday 11 April, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

ooh! jealous of your coming winter. love these and particularly those tiles on the wall behind in the first photo.

9. Sweet Harvest Moon Sunday 15 April, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Is it autumn yet? I’m tired of these April showers and I would love some pumpkin pie ;)

10. Vivi Saturday 5 May, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

Wooah, that’s really funny, all these pictures were taken really close to my house, I recognize the Cable Cafe and other places… Beautiful clothes too, never thought I’d like velvet trousers :-)

11. benedetta Monday 26 November, 2012 at 12:13 am #

Thank you for the post!!

The “Confezioni Crosby” team.

12. Ashley Jordan Gordon Monday 2 September, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

Does anyone know/been able to find who the photographer was that shot this lookbook? Cheers!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. (For) Real Deal Hot Chocolate « quirkykindacool - Wednesday 11 April, 2012

[...] makes me nostalgic, after reading Miss Moss’s blog post, even more so. I love Stellenbosch, watching the leaves drop of the Oaks, the rain soaked mornings [...]