The Forest Feast

i think about food all the time. and i don’t mean just eating it (of course) but always trying to answer the same questions – what am i going to eat for dinner? how can i NOT spend a crapload of cash on food? how can i not waste my food? how can i not resort to take-aways? what can i eat for lunch at my desk that isn’t a sandwich, every single day? etc. i find food blogs pretty overwhelming sometimes, and realistically i don’t want to make something that calls for more than 5 ingredients or a trip to the grocery store that fills up more than one bag.

The Forest Feast is a food blog by photographer and illustrator Erin Gleeson who, “inspired by local, seasonal ingredients in her weekly CSA box, has created a series of photographic recipe illustrations that are mostly vegetarian and laid out visually. The goal is to eventually create a Forest Feast Cookbook.” and i tell you, i’d buy that cookbook. not only for the visual aspect, but obviously for the simple & tasty looking recipes… plus Erin makes a mean cocktail.

all images courtesy of The Forest Feast

, , , , , ,

21 Responses to The Forest Feast

1. Cassie Monday 16 April, 2012 at 10:07 pm #

Great post! These look amazing, affordable, and doable.

2. Courtney Monday 16 April, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

This photography is stunning – I want to eat it all! I love how rustic her styling is.

3. Eli Monday 16 April, 2012 at 11:31 pm #

Oh wow! Yummy!!

dirtypinkcity, baby!

4. Hanne Monday 16 April, 2012 at 11:37 pm #

Wow! Looks great.

5. Bre Monday 16 April, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

OH MY GOD. Thanks for sharing this wonder of a website. :) I’m the same way as you – totally always thinking about food, but not wanting to but 500 things to get a decent meal. Love this! xx.

6. Mariella Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 3:09 am #

This is so good! Finally something different in the food blogging world! Like you, I love food blogs but it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by them since lately when I look at food blogs I have more and more the feeling to watch a competition for ” who is able to put up the most complicated recipe” prize. Simple food is the key and gorgeous photography of course, always a plus.

7. Kenzie Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 3:24 am #

Thanks for sharing this beautiful website. I remember eating “fairy bread” when I was little–bread with butter and rainbow sprinkles. It was so simple but so magical at the time. This all looks like grown-up fairy food! It’s so inspiring.

8. Scott Stiller Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 3:50 am #

What a beautiful, and unique take on wholesome eating. Will be recommending this to friends.

9. Joy Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 3:59 am #

can’t wait to check this blog out. it looks amazing.

10. Ella Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 5:11 am #

These illustrated recipes are totally rocking my world. I like that the recipes are so easy that can fit all the instructions on the one image (and that the image happens to be a super awesome one). Makes it seem like the recipes are foolproof. Perfect for a gal who loves food but doesn’t always have lots of time to throw it all together.

I don’t actually follow many food blogs but definitely adding this to the list. Great find, Diana. Two thumbs up!!

11. twiggs Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

this is gorgeous!! i couldn’t let go of the images, the colours, the instructions! she makes it look so simple, stylish and delicious and that is not easy to do… i see so many food blogs that are so full of… you know! :) hard things to buy and to accomplish! so this one is perfect!

12. Allywan Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Those are some gorgeous photos. Thanks for putting me onto an amazing food blog!

13. f Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

wow, what an amazing food blog! so carefully thought out and colorful.

14. Sofia Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

Thanks for sharing! I’m loving her blog now, bookmarked and all :)

15. manon Tuesday 17 April, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

MAGNIFIQUE…

Amicalement,

Manon

16. Cindy Wednesday 18 April, 2012 at 3:45 am #

I am in love with your photography. It is whimsical, it mimics the way people who like to cook “think”, and the recipes are amazing. Thank you for sharing.

• Miss Moss Wednesday 18 April, 2012 at 6:52 am #

Hi Cindy – the photography, illustration & recipes are all done by Erin Gleeson (please see the introductory paragraph)

17. Sweet Harvest Moon Wednesday 18 April, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

I just saw these the other day in Pinterest! So beautiful!

18. the wild bunches Wednesday 18 April, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

thanks for sharing this – I’m in love with illustrated recipes.

19. @sheenasbit Friday 17 May, 2013 at 11:14 am #

“@cindyvriend: Beautiful! RT @yumivore: the forest feast http://t.co/XB07qjCSyg #foodblog” So colourful and clever. Nice one :)

20. @Peepsqueak Friday 24 May, 2013 at 10:09 am #

the forest feast http://t.co/qIPsCVdKTz #foodblog #foodography | @yumivore @cindyvriend rt @FoodieAffair