I Dip, You Dip, We Dip

i really have to resist the urge to dip paint almost all of my furniture (and utensils) at the moment. every time i see something beautifully dipped online my eye slowly travels to the legs of my desk and i think… mmm.

this DIY dipped coral entry table by emily at the sweet beast is just perfect:

always keen on the crispness of white, the entire range of furniture from la clinica is right up my alley:

also a great way to get subtle hints of neon in your life. left: apartment therapy & right: koskela

you could even go the whole hog and use different colours, like this playful & colourful range from UM project:

it just seems so easy to do yourself… left: DIY by annixen & right: y stool by tim webber

if you’re not ready to commit to dipping large pieces of furniture, why not test the waters with your wooden kitchen utensils. here’s a great DIY by Kate – i love the way she hung them above her sink:

a DIY dipped tutorial from house of earnest:

another DIY, dipped chopsticks by poppytalk:

or, you know, just buy some dipped utensils. from wind and willow home:

and from anthropologie:

, , , , ,

16 Responses to I Dip, You Dip, We Dip

1. Vanya Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 11:53 am #

This is happening to my wooden kitchen utensils TONIGHT. Maybe glass jars storing herbs and spices too.

2. Hagar Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 11:56 am #

Beautiful post! fresh and light…
    The side table from la clinica is my top…:-)

3. Reptilia Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I love this!! great idea, and amazing resutls!

xx

4. Lightning Heart Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

oh good lord, i love absolutely every single piece in this post

5. Lies Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

This is so beautiful and supereasy to do yourself! Such a fresh touch, I’ll have to keep this in mind when I get a place of my own in a few years! :)

6. Jasmin Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

Absolutely ADORE the coral! And those dipped chopsticks are to cute for words. Would make the perfect, inexpensive gift!!!!

7. erin | house of earnest Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Off of those dipped table legs have got my wheels turning too… My husband is out of town this weekend, so things all over the house might get a little dunk!

Thank you for featuring my spoons! They were really fun to make.

8. Natasha Fatah Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

I like this with smaller items like utensils, but for some reason on chairs and tables, it looks unfinished.

9. Julia Brandão Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Everytime I see something like that, I just can’t wait to have my own place.

10. Emily Reinhardt Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

oh my gosh, i love it all!

11. kate Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

Did you see Morgan’s latest dipping project? http://www.the-brick-house.com/2012/04/color-dipping/ So good.

12. Melissa Donne Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

The coral in the first picture is perfect! Thanks for sharing.

13. Sam Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 10:42 pm #

Yes, exactly. This trend is one I am all over, so much so I have a little DIY planned for my new office area. If it works out I’ll let you know, if not, I will hide in shame and disappointment, haha.

14. fuggiamo Saturday 21 April, 2012 at 3:27 am #

so rad! thanks for sharing!!

15. Marie-M Wednesday 25 April, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Amazing craft idea! The result is really great :) I might come up with one of those stool !

16. s carmody Friday 18 May, 2012 at 7:06 am #

I really love this idea. I wanted to do something similar to four identical but old round tables I own.