Wild Child of the Aeolian Isles

The Hellers is comprised of brother & sister duo Dania and Yoram Heller, who are based out of Tel Aviv and LA. their Spring Summer 2012 line Wild Child of the Aeolian Isles was inspired by the Brontë sisters – imagine Jane Eyre, off on a sun glazed trip to the Aeolian Islands…

On a meaningful trip to Sicily Dania was on last summer, Dania caught up with Cary Fukunaga’s 2011 film version of Jane Eyre. The independent spirit that the story cries out just struck a note with the thoughts of what it means to try and create freely in this time that we live in – especially creating fashion, such a passionate yet highly commercialized field (especially in the last decade).

What came out was the perhaps the most delicate and mature Hellers’ collection yet: oval shapes, metallic bursts, crazy prints – being tamed by a sense of a prim veil reigning it all. It’s a journey where the Bronte’s Jane Eyre leaves the gray moors, and flies off to sunny, musical beaches.

, , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Wild Child of the Aeolian Isles

1. sally Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

None of the looks remind me of Jane Eyre per se, but the idea is so very cool! I want more fashion lines inspired by literature :)

2. Kate Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

I actually think I saw this line in a boutique in Tel Aviv last summer…The fabrics and prints look so luxurious, they have a bit of a Prada vibe about them, really lovely.

<3 Kate

3. Avery Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

Ooooh I love this. very quirky fabulous. Nice find.

4. Courtney (educatederelicts) Thursday 19 April, 2012 at 10:46 pm #

Wow their pants are fantastic! I’m loving interesting pants at the moment…

5. Fabiana M. Friday 20 April, 2012 at 5:43 am #

Nice prints! I love the lookbooks you find and post here. I also have loved the mint pump.

6. unfounddoor Friday 20 April, 2012 at 10:05 am #

That bird print is awesome — although the more I look at it the more it makes me crosseyed with the red and blue shadowing; is it 3D?!
    More Bertha Mason than Ms Eyre though, I reckon — I do get a kick out of the idea of the Bronte women on a sisters holiday.

7. Gül Friday 20 April, 2012 at 10:58 am #

So DolceGabbana but ofcourse LOVED it!

8. julia j. Friday 20 April, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

Such pretentious silliness – and an insult to the Bronte sisters as well as Mr. Fukunaga. Did they actually WATCH the movie?