Jackie & JFK

since i seem to be on a wedding trip today, i thought it might be cool to share some pics from the wedding of Jackie & JFK in September 1953, which was taken by Life photographer Lisa Larsen. there were 600 guests, they had 14 ushers and 10 bridesmaids and they ate pineapple salad at their reception.

, , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Jackie & JFK

1. Alice Tuesday 24 April, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

Beautiful !!!
    The whole Kennedy saga is so fascinating..

2. ally Tuesday 24 April, 2012 at 6:21 pm #

Of course her dress is gorgeous with all that detail but strangely enough what I really stood out to me were his striped pants. It seems so playful.

3. f Tuesday 24 April, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

these are so fun! and somehow really look classic though it could’ve gone the other way… i think it must be because they’re so beautiful and the photography is great.

4. Rhianna Wednesday 25 April, 2012 at 8:19 am #

As soon as I saw that the description of your blog was ‘a compendium of radness’, I knew I was going to love it, and I wasn’t disappointed!
    I’m not usually a fan of dresses like Jackie’s, but for some reason I find hers so beautiful! Great photos, great blog :) Rhi xx

5. Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! Wednesday 25 April, 2012 at 9:13 am #

600 guests! I could barely cope with my 12!

Fantastic photos though, they tell such a story!

6. Jo Wednesday 25 April, 2012 at 11:38 am #

What struck me most is how genuinely happy she looks in all these photos, as though she’s just another every day girl having the day of her life and possibly allowing herself to forget the magnitude of the partnership she’s in the process of forming. I love that.

7. Fionnuala Wednesday 25 April, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

It’s a fantastic set of photos, but my favourite is the last one, which could be at any wedding at almost any time, with the child totally in her own world and oblivious to whatever the grown-ups might be up to.

8. Sweet Harvest Moon Wednesday 25 April, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

These are so pretty!

9. Maia Wednesday 25 April, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Love these. What strikes me is the joy. There is so much laughter in this group on this day. It’s buoyant.

10. Cylinder no.4 Friday 27 April, 2012 at 12:00 am #

God, these are great. I particularly love the sixth. Don’t usually find Jackie attractive, but she looks absolutely arresting that first photograph.

11. Her name was Lola Friday 27 April, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

Jackie surrounded by the groomsmen on the fence! Oh, so glam. xo Lola

12. Debbie Saturday 28 April, 2012 at 5:58 am #

@ally, the striped pants were not “playful” but a part of a standard formal dress mourning (cutaway) “suit”. Not often seen at American weddings anymore it is the truly proper dress for a daytime formal wedding. I love the photos; however, as I am older and followed their lives I look on these photos with some sadness. It is unfortunate that I now know what was to come in their lives as well as those close to them like Bobby Kennedy. We never know what is around the corner for us, so this reminds us to cherish every second. May they all rest in peace.

13. PixelHazard Monday 30 April, 2012 at 1:47 am #

How absolutely gorgeous!

| Bright Green Laces |

14. Gator 84 Monday 30 April, 2012 at 7:41 am #

As I look upon the happiness & joy in these photos, I sadly realize the date of their wedding is only 10 years and a few weeks before his assassination. Such a short amount of time was actually given to this young, happy couple and also his brother.

15. Loui♥ Saturday 12 May, 2012 at 2:36 am #

looking back, I see our American ” Royalty”..
    how she brought such easy elegance to us all..
    the A-line dress..
    the simple “bob of a haircut”
    pearls..
    the age of Camelot..
    loved them all..
    miss them more..

16. Emma Saturday 26 May, 2012 at 10:14 pm #

Don’t you just love the bridesmaids dresses. Bet they did not give her a hard time about the selection either.

17. Victoria Sunday 27 May, 2012 at 11:39 am #

Stunning wedding! Great to see the pics of her dress, I got married two years ago and my dress was very similar in terms of the detail.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. This Week in Weddings - The Bride's Guide : Martha Stewart Weddings - Friday 27 April, 2012

[...] so intrigued by these photos from Jackie and JFK's wedding in September 1953, taken by Life photographer Lisa Larsen. (via Miss [...]

2. The Kennedy Wedding | New and Blue - Wedding Blog - Monday 7 May, 2012

[...] are amazing. I had never seen Jackie and JFK’s wedding pictures, so when I found these on Miss Moss I was floored. The wedding is so timeless, it could take place today. The pictures were taken by [...]

3. Jackie & JFK | Miss Moss | Florida Wedding & Photography Tips, Ideas, Inspiration & Comic Relief | Scoop.it - Friday 8 June, 2012

[...] background-position: 50% 0px ; background-color:#222222; background-repeat : no-repeat; } http://www.missmoss.co.za – Today, 8:18 [...]