Meet Peggy

i know i’ve promised that i would share some pictures of my (not so new anymore) home – but i am slowly getting myself together. a major step was procuring a lovely grown up tv cabinet. i knew what i wanted, but i couldn’t find anything i loved that wasn’t silly expensive, and the stuff i could afford was ugly. oh, so ugly.

then i met Monya, who was in the same predicament as me many times over – knowing exactly what kind of pieces she wanted to fill her home with but not being able to find those things in the shops (we don’t have IKEA here, guys). so she started having pieces made to her own designs… and from there grew Stokperd. Monya needed a website and i needed a tv cabinet – and that is how The Peggy came to be. named after one of my favourite Mad Men characters, of course.

long story short – if you’re in the Cape Town area & you’re looking for some custom furniture Monya is your gal.

edit: to answer the questions: [1] the door slides from left to right [2] the umbrella jewellery stand was a gift from a friend [3] the panda russian doll was also a gift, bought in china.

all pictures by me.

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. says

What a heart-breaker! My heart is LITERALLY aching. I think this version of the side cabinet is better than any mid-century wannabe I’ve ever seen. You’re the luckiest girl ever. So badly wishing I was on your side of the world for my own Peggy.

2. Amy W says

The Peggy is a beautiful piece of furniture. Not to make you envious but Elizabeth Moss walked past me out of the cafe with her coffee last Sunday! She’s in town (Queenstown, NZ) filming Top of the Lake. I totally lost my cool

3. says

Ah-may-zing! I’ve always wanted a midcentury style credenza, but they’re so damn expensive! I should learn carpentry, haha. Congrats on your new piece of furniture. She’s a stunner. :)

4. Rachel Townsend says

Your new cabinet is looovely, and i especially love your up side down umbrella for jewelry and your little poster of ‘write more had written letters’.

5. Lucy says

Beautiful! Sorry to add to the ‘where’s it from?’ questions, but I love your lamp and have been looking for a similar one – where did you buy it from/do you know any online stores selling similar ones?

6. Andrea says

Lovely things & beautifully put together. Sorry, 2nd person to ask but where did you get your clock from?
    I’m looking for something similar.
    Thanks.