Wythe Hotel

my guy and i have been planning a trip to new york for a while now, so i’m always bookmarking interesting stuff to see, things to do,  places to eat out (naturally) and, most importantly, a nice place to stay. we’d love to stay in manhattan itself, but there are so many great options in brooklyn too. one of which is the recently opened Wythe Hotel – slightly out of our budget for a 2 week stay, but DANG it’s cool.

Wythe Hotel started with the discovery of an old factory on the Brooklyn waterfront. Built in 1901 as a cooperage, we have preserved, renovated, and turned our historically industrial building into a place where people feel welcome.

one of my favourite things about the rooms (besides the decor and the views, obviously) is the audio jack that allows you to play your ipod on the surround sound system – so simple, but such a nice touch.

, , , ,

27 Responses to Wythe Hotel

1. Naina Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Gorgeous space and love how you’ve captured it. The second photograph from the top is my favorite. So airy and fresh and spacious.

2. girl in oslo Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

Love that bed:)

Have a great week

3. The slow pace Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Wow! Nice place! Super cool walls!

4. call me debbie Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 9:13 pm #

The bar area with these fabulous brick walls is amazing!

5. Angelica Robles Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

Wow – that place is gorgeous! I love the floor to ceiling windows. You always find such amazing and inspirational things online.

PS. I went to Cape Town in 2010. Gorgeous place – I loved going to the Biscuit Mill on Saturdays.

6. Hannelore Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

Wow, what an amazing hotel!

7. Kate {Something Fabulous} Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 10:08 pm #

What a beautiful hotel! I love the interiors. x

Kate {Something Fabulous}

8. Patricia Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

Absolutely inspired interiors!

9. Courtney (educatederelicts) Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 11:11 pm #

What a stunning place to stay – it’s exactly my style! If only I were going to New York now ;)

10. shawn joy Sunday 3 June, 2012 at 11:14 pm #

you should eat at EGG and Le Comptoir in brooklyn, both are amazing and reasonably priced!

11. Valentine Monday 4 June, 2012 at 12:06 am #

I want to goooo!

❋ The adventures of a fashion designer…

12. Kinga Monday 4 June, 2012 at 12:15 am #

This place is gorgeous! I just got back from a visit in New York and was very impressed with High Line Park in Chelsea! It is “a park built on an historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side” and it’s completely stunning. There are also a ton of great restaurants in the area! If you get some time to go I highly recommend it! Best wishes…

13. Camille Monday 4 June, 2012 at 12:38 am #

I really like how it doesn’t look as much like a hotel, but more like a home. The first photo of the bedroom as well as the washroom actually remind me of the house of some family friends of mine, and their house is my no 1 inspiration in terms of decor. This is definitely a place where I’d feel welcome, but perhaps a bit too welcome–I wouldn’t want to leave, haha.

14. Thea Monday 4 June, 2012 at 3:00 am #

Such an incredible space. I agree with Camille – I’d never want to leave!

15. daniellegiza Monday 4 June, 2012 at 4:13 am #

the rooftop bar there is amazing!!! you should def check it out when you come to new york, it’s my new favorite spot!

16. Ashley Faye Monday 4 June, 2012 at 5:19 am #

went here last week for a few drinks.. cool spot and it’s in an awesome location. if you make it to brooklyn you should def stay a night or two there. check out the brooklyn bowl’s schedule because its right across the street. also, williamsburg water concerts is really close. hit me up if you need any brooklyn scoop. -ash

17. Helen Singer Monday 4 June, 2012 at 11:31 am #

My boyfriend and I recently visited NY and stayed in Brooklyn for 4 out of our 5 weeks. This place looks SO beautiful, but if it’s too pricey for you I can’t recommend airbnb.com enough – like you, we spent months beforehand bookmarking restaurants, bars, events etc, but then got so many great tips from each of our hosts that we’d probably never have found on our own. Brooklyn is so much fun, some of our favourite places in Williamsburg were:

- Brooklyn Bowl (I agree with Ashley above – it’s a really fun spot)
    - Smorgasburg (gourmet food flea market, also really close by if you end up staying at this hotel)
    - Hotel Delmano & Enid’s (cool bars)
    - Mast Brother’s chocolate (even managed to send some home to the fam, willpower)

I can’t wait to hear about your trip!

18. lazy lisa Monday 4 June, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

this is gorgeous ! these windows and these views ! and wallpapers and brick walls !

19. Mahshad Monday 4 June, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

Nice post. We are spending our last day in brooklyn and had an amazing meal at Reynards. We didn’t stay at a hotel but found an incredible place on airbnb in a brownstone mansion in Clinton hill. The owners are superb and friendly and serve the most delicious breakfasts (a culinary feast, actually!). It’s called historic mansion and here’s the link: http://m.airbnb.com/#listings/225926.
    PS I love your site!

20. Mary Jo Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 4:21 am #

Completely in love with the second image from the top and must visit this summer. I was not able to find the actual room on the website. Would you kindly share the name of the room to help me make my fantasy trip a reality? Thank you.

21. theadora Wednesday 6 June, 2012 at 2:15 am #

I’ve been to the Wythe–the restaurant is pretty decent. If you want to get up to the roof, I’d recommend getting there on the early side. Or perhaps during the afternoon or something.

Come visit us at Bird in Park Slope, Cobble Hill, & Williamsburg! @helloannali and I really adore you, and we both work down at Park Slope :]

22. Chtoune Thursday 7 June, 2012 at 7:25 am #

hey look ! http://bferry.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/new-work-wythe-hotel-for-brooklyn-magazine/ Brian Ferry has photographed the place

23. thecitygourmand Friday 8 June, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

This place is just too perfect. I am swooning!!!

24. Julie Sunday 10 June, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

I live a block away from the Wythe…The glass part of the roof now blocks our view of Manhattan :( but it is a great addition to the neighborhood. Just incase you want a couple suggestions: ISA is a must for dinner (same group that did Freeman’s) and Cafe Colette is amazing for breakfast/brunch. For grungy bowling The Gutter is right down the street, and Commodore (tiki bar feel) makes a mean rum punch. Have a lovely trip!

25. The Dreamer Thursday 21 June, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Wow! I know where I’ll be staying next time I’m in the US!

Sarah x

26. Ndumiso Friday 24 May, 2013 at 12:46 am #

Just got back from a 4 night stay at the Wythe Hotel. The pictures don’t do it justice. The rooms are beautiful and spacious by general New York standards. More impressive than the deco, attention to detail and general aesthetics is the view from the Manhattan View Rooms (which we stayed in) and the Loft Rooms. You simply don’t get an uninterrupted view of the entire eastern skyline of Manhattan in New York with the Empire State Building as the feature. When one considers the view from (some of) the rooms, Williamsburg’s trendiest rooftop bar you have access to anytime, the Brooklyn bowl opposite the road, Reynards and the general Williamsburg neighbourhood – its actually quite reasonable for the experience. Well. at least we thought so. Unforgettable!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Marni, murmure & mixtape « Lazy Lisa - Tuesday 12 June, 2012

[...] les photos du bel Wythe Hotel a Brooklyn, au design industriel mais élégant mais cool, à voir ici ou ici. Share this:FacebookTwitterJ'aime ceci:J'aimeJ'aime cet [...]