Photography

Kevin Russ

perhaps one day if i’m lucky enough i’ll get to do a great american road trip, but for now i can live vicariously through the photographs of Kevin Russ. you’re probably thinking that these were shot with some rad medium format camera – but they were actually all taken with Kevin’s iPhone… i know. you can follow Kevin on instagram, view his mobile photostream, and see his professional work on his flickr and website.

click on the images to view the original on instagram.

all photos by Kevin Russ

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Rowan Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Jeepers. Amazed that these are taken using just an iPhone. The man has some skill.

• Reply Rachel Anastasia Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I wonder if he only used instagram filters or if he did editing using something like Snapseed? Either way, these are great.

• Reply Linda Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Wow. I love the diversity in landscapes. They’re gorgeous!
    My friend is going on a crosscountry road trip this summer. I should show these to her as a preview of what’s to come.

• Reply Ranu // Sunshine Girl Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Wow, yes, I LOVE Kevin’s Instagram stream and his photos are absolutely gorgeous. They showcase our country so well :)

• Reply Joy Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 6:31 pm

the photos are ridiculously beautiful. i am in awe!

• Reply Sarah Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 6:51 pm

This. is. heaven. I want these photos on my walls, and I also want to live in them.

• Reply Sweet Harvest Moon Tuesday 5 June, 2012 at 10:50 pm

So amazing! I’m going to update my itouch into an iphone next month!

• Reply sally Wednesday 6 June, 2012 at 3:05 am

Wow…these have stirred up some Little-House-on-the-Prairie-style longing in me (and made the Firefly theme song play in my head, for whatever reason). Just gorgeous.

• Reply June Wednesday 6 June, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Looking at these photos feels like a mini-vacation, thanks for sharing!

• Reply Anna Wednesday 6 June, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Wow, these photos are amazing!!!

• Reply Thea Thursday 7 June, 2012 at 2:24 am

So amazed that these were taken with an iPhone! Goes to show it’s not about the technology you use, but your eye and aesthetic. Such beautiful images.

• Reply Gracie Friday 8 June, 2012 at 1:06 am

Oh so lovely! Love the colours in the last one!

• Reply dianne @ icefloe Friday 8 June, 2012 at 12:25 pm

oofff these are incredible.

• Reply Betül Friday 8 June, 2012 at 3:19 pm

just started following! amazing photos!

• Reply a few of my favorite things « Sea & Skylark Friday 8 June, 2012 at 11:20 pm

[…] iPhonography: Amazing pictures taken all on the iphone (!) by photographer Kevin […]

• Reply thecitygourmand Saturday 9 June, 2012 at 1:34 pm

This series is so good!

• Reply Links | White3lephant Sunday 10 June, 2012 at 10:03 pm

[…] though I’ve just been away I have a serious case of Wanderlust. These photos by Kevin Russ aren’t […]

• Reply f Thursday 14 June, 2012 at 4:09 am

great find, these are amazing! can’t believe they were all on the iphone… can’t wait to follow him on instagram :)

• Reply ashlie Saturday 16 June, 2012 at 4:50 pm

i seriously love these. america’s landscape is just so beautiful.

• Reply Aandenlia Saturday 16 June, 2012 at 9:16 pm

These photos are great! Lovely colours)

• Reply Kevin Russ Friday 22 June, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words Diana! After multiple people saying they found me through Miss Moss, I had to see who you were. You keep a great blog and thanks again!

• Reply KEVIN RUSS « JIMMY BUFFALO Wednesday 11 July, 2012 at 9:31 am

[…] to Diana for introducing him to […]

• Reply Life.Style.etc loves the photography of Kevin Russ « Life.Style.etc Monday 23 July, 2012 at 4:00 pm

[…] follow photographer Kevin Russ on Instagram (turns out so does Life.Style.etc favourite Miss Moss) and am transported on a daily basis by his atmospheric shots. The most surprising thing about […]

• Reply Road Trip with Kevin Russ « Stephanie Nikolopoulos Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 12:01 pm

[…] down the rabbit hole of the Internet into some incredible road-trip photography by Kevin Russ, via Miss Moss. Looking at his photographs of grazing buffalo and wild horses that can’t be broken is like […]

• Reply The need to be where no one else is. | What. No Mints? Thursday 27 September, 2012 at 2:05 pm

[…] Kevin Russ via Miss Moss Share this post:ShareTwitterStumbleUponFacebookEmailTumblrRedditLinkedInDiggPrintLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. This entry was posted in personal opinion and tagged alone, mountains, nature, quiet, winter, woods on September 27, 2012 by whatnomints. […]

• Reply Dawn Monday 5 November, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Ummm… wow? These are so amazing. WITH AN IPHONE. Gosh, just amazing. I’m definitely checking out his Flickr stream and bookmarking it. These alone have made me drool all over my work keyboard. And that’s just not sanitary… ;)