Art

Frames

Taylor Holland created these frames from great works at the Louvre that he digitally filled with their own content. he’s currently partnering with antique restorers Sainthill Lijsten to make a physical prototype of this project by taking antique frames and filling them with hand-crafted moulds. absolutely love this idea… definitely a piece i could see hanging in my home.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply amanda jane jones Wednesday 27 June, 2012 at 10:05 am

whoa…amazing!

• Reply Michelle Wednesday 27 June, 2012 at 10:13 am

so interesting! cool!

• Reply Girl in Oslo Wednesday 27 June, 2012 at 11:15 am

Love the texture of these :)

Have a great day

• Reply lola re Wednesday 27 June, 2012 at 12:09 pm

wow, beautiful… like middle eastern art

• Reply Kate Wednesday 27 June, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Just another one of those things that I wish i was smart/creative/innovative enough to think of first!! It’s such a clever idea, I often find myself spending just as much time staring at the frames in museums as I do at the actually works of art. Just lovely.

Kate

• Reply catherine Friday 29 June, 2012 at 9:41 am

i love this concept, and it’s so neat that he’s working on a physical form of it!

• Reply sherri Friday 29 June, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I love these so much.

• Reply thecitygourmand Friday 29 June, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I admired the elaborate frames for works in the Louvre. This is very clever.

• Reply tarah Tuesday 17 July, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I love these frames! Antique restoration is freakin’ amazing.

• Reply {hope you've had a beautiful weekend & a few lovely links} :: This is Glamorous Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 3:44 pm

[…] : this denim bustier babydoll dress & these chain-strapped leather sandals * work of art : frames * update : a few tumbles here & there * recipes : strawberry syrup with mint & rhubarb […]