Rugs not Drugs

first of all, i APOLOGISE for the title of this post. it could not be helped.

so, a difficult thing i had to do recently was help my boyfriend pick out a carpet (actually, rug) for his apartment. at one stage there were three HUGE beautifully colourful kilims on the floor of this old school carpet place we visited in cape town, and the carpet salesman was almost rolling his eyes at us as we umm’d and aah’d over which one he should take home. eventually after peeling away layers upon layers of piled up carpets he found the one. but i’m still thinking back to all those carpets, i honestly would have loved to take all of them home.

i’m also on the market for a carpet, and i thought i had a good idea of what i wanted until i came across the Nazmiyal Collection of vintage rugs boasting Swedish kilims, Moroccon rugs and some incredible Art Deco pieces too. do i want something fluffy? or Scandanavian? ideally i’d like all the rugs in the world, but if that’s not possible i could very happily live with one of these.

, , , ,

17 Responses to Rugs not Drugs

1. Thomas Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

I want them all!
    May I ask where this rug-ged place is? I’m also looking.

2. Sarah Carter Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

Love the patterns!
    Take a look at this one… http://www.brabbu.com/rugs/sandstorm.html

3. Ray Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

So lovely! Where is this old school rug place in Cape Town? I am also looking!

4. sheila Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

say yes to rugs. to all of the rugs

5. Material Fixations Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

These are beautiful, I love the mix of modern designs and ethnic looking prints.
    Material Fixations

6. megs Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 7:02 pm #

Oh how I wish you were coming to visit Arizona…so many gorgeous rugs I know you would fall in love with – one day, you must come and visit!

Beautiful post, thank you x

7. Hannah Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

Absolutely gorgeous! So unique and interesting.

8. Joanna Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

Carpet can be a work of art and transform the room if chosen right. Some of these designs are fatastic

9. Gabriela Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Lovely rugs! I live in Sweden and many of this rugs remind me of my childhood. My friend Anna makes beautiful rugs, if you want more inspiration :) http://www.makedarugs.com

10. Sam Wednesday 4 July, 2012 at 11:57 pm #

The first one, and the blue version, own me. This is a really awesome collection of rugs!

11. Gabriel Thursday 5 July, 2012 at 6:34 am #

my my, these are beeautiful. When it gets rough in the winter here in Canada it always helps to have a cozy rug touching your feeties, one of these would be fantastic! Yes we say feeties, not feet. :)

12. Kim Thursday 5 July, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

I have also been rug dreaming recently. Except it’s all so expensive, any reasonably priced places you know of in Cape Town?

13. Omri Schwartz Thursday 5 July, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

Thank you for appreciating this wonderful works of art!!! We work very hard to find each and every piece and it is truly heart warming when people appreciate our taste ;)

We actually have clients all over the world and we just sold another rug to Cape Town last month!

Just letting you know that we announced our first sale EVER on our collection of Moroccan Rugs so if you like any, now it the time!

Feel free to check out the entire collection of: Moroccan Rugs

Again, thank you and lots of love from NYC!

Omri Schwartz

14. rubi Friday 6 July, 2012 at 12:00 am #

rug shopping is so overwhelming but these are so beautiful!

15. Hannelore Monday 9 July, 2012 at 11:02 am #

Oh that second one is my favorite!

16. patsy Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 10:41 am #

So where does one find Kilims in Cape Town please?