Mes Dames A/W 12

it goes without saying that i fell in love with the Mes Dames A/W 12 campaign the minute i saw it, since it so beautifully combines my love for classic fashion and art. shot by photographer Anna Malmberg, the campaign takes inspiration from 19th century oil portraits and especially the work of Finnish painter Helene Schjerfbeck. Mes Dames designer Lisa Wikander will be showing her latest collection at Stockholm fashion week this year.

Mes Dames creates women’s wear in the intersection of Nordic minimalism and French sensuality. Using materials of the highest quality combined with fine tailoring, the label aims to provide each wearer with a sense of uniqueness and elegance. Mes Dames collects interesting, characterful women, be they historical heroines, fictional characters or present role models; each collection has its own muse.

, , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Mes Dames A/W 12

1. A. Wednesday 18 July, 2012 at 9:50 am #

they’re awesome but somehow i am not feeling those ultra-highheel shoes with this style.
    while the clothes are strong, wearable and beautiful, the shoes are the oposite.
    oh well, maybe its me, and i just dont get it.

2. Andreas Wednesday 18 July, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

This is an amazing work! Not only the fashion which is very retro and extraordinary, but also the artwork of the whole campaign is just beautiful. It really reflects the effect of 19th century oil paintings! Stunning work!

Best Regards,
    Andi Smith

3. agnes szucs Wednesday 18 July, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

I adore the photography work… so beautiful colors! They really mnaged to convey that Schjerfbeck mood! (but she was actually Finnish as far as I know) Great find!!!

xoxo
    agnes

• Miss Moss Wednesday 18 July, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

ah good point, i corrected that!

4. vic Wednesday 18 July, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

Mooost beautiful look book I’ve seen in a long time. The textures are incredible.

5. Linda Wednesday 18 July, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

ah, classic indeed! I love everything about these looks, especially the pants. And the photography is… beautifully restrained in a way? Thanks for sharing.

6. Becca Wednesday 18 July, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

I love the photography – and such great colors!!

7. jo Thursday 19 July, 2012 at 12:13 am #

Such stunning photography, thank you for sharing :)

Jo. x

8. KERRIN Thursday 19 July, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

I’m totally inspired by your fabulous blog! xx

9. Pia Friday 20 July, 2012 at 8:29 am #

the first one looks exactly the same as peggy olson’s outfit in the first episode of mad men!

i really love the colours!

10. Sam Friday 20 July, 2012 at 9:40 am #

I am experiencing very high levels of trouser lust right now. I like it.

11. Rachel Lucie Friday 20 July, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Those long dresses and skirts….want!!

12. alezbeath stark Saturday 21 July, 2012 at 8:42 am #

I believe that the post has perfect collection of words and well research. Thanks for shearing . Your post is realy valuable. Keep it up!

13. ally Tuesday 24 July, 2012 at 3:41 am #

these have such texture to them… i’m ready for fall when i look at these outfits (but not really, not yet)

14. melanie Tuesday 24 July, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

beautiful! puts me in the mood for fall. reminds me very much of Michaël Borremans’ work as well.

15. thecitygourmand Friday 27 July, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

So classic and old school, save for the crazy high stilts they teeter on!

16. mady Monday 27 August, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

why haven’t i seen these before? so beautiful, i love anna’s work…

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. If Katharine Hepburn was still alive and Swedish « - Monday 6 August, 2012

[...] by Anna Malmberg), too, which is inspired by 19th century oil paintings. Another beauty from Miss Moss. Pin ItLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. ← Previous [...]