Bits of Black

deborah’s instagram feed is a delight:

diane keaton in looking for mr. goodbar (you can buy that first picture)

boy by band of outsiders:

a lovely lady on the streets of paris snapped by the sartorialist:

toky0milk handcreme:

the photography of Hengki Koentjoro:

yeah no yeah alphabet posters:

the angels of the hell’s angels:

drawstring purse by baggu:

caroline issa:

chalkboard globe:

anna leena’s house:

mad mesh  jumpsuit:

bondir identity design by oat creative:

nice things at cos:

NYC water tower turned urban treehouse:

wilcox skirt by rachel comey:

black heirloom tote by rib & hull (i have it in brown, my favourite bag):

a series about celebration at hila’s blog, this one is by jen:

, , ,

19 Responses to Bits of Black

1. thecitygourmand Monday 6 August, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

This is one of my favourite posts of yours! That waterfall photograph by Hengki is simple INCREDIBLE.

2. Hannelore Monday 6 August, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

What a great collection of things! LOVE IT.

3. babi Monday 6 August, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

a chalkboard globe is an amazing invention to those who like to travel, isn’t it?

4. sally Monday 6 August, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

I’ve long wanted a TokyoMilk Dark perfume just because the bottles are so cool!

5. Shai Monday 6 August, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

I love hte black bits. In particular I love the ABCD that tricks my eyes, anna leena’s house which looks so chic and designery and yet functional at the same time, the hand-creams look super cool and the chalk-globe is just awesome.

6. Brighton Keller Monday 6 August, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

Love the photographs you choose!

XOXO
    Brighton Keller

7. Dana Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 12:26 am #

oh yes. this is wonderful. I did a black & white post sorta recently! http://egotrippingatthegates.blogspot.com/2012/06/half-and-half.html

8. Jen Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 1:22 am #

That branding by Oat Creative is beautiful! So romantic. Thanks for including me! *topknots* xo

9. Olive (@oliveetcafe) Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 4:02 am #

Hi! I have to say that black and white are always my favorites, for outfits, drawings and photography. And I really love this post.

10. Courtney Ann Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 7:06 am #

LOVE this post. Black is so timeless and yet so “IN”. An every picture captured it’s beauty.
    Xoxo

11. Margherita Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 10:44 am #

I want that chalkboard globe!

12. Adèle Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 10:55 am #

Great post, i love your selection ! Those Instagram pictures are beautiful, probably the best i’ve seen so far.

13. Luisa C Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

My eyes and my infatuation with black deeply approve of this post. Thank you.

14. Andreas Tuesday 7 August, 2012 at 6:09 pm #

The old photographs are very well chosen! In terms of the clothes I really like the mad mesh jumpsuit! That looks very cool !

15. taylor Wednesday 8 August, 2012 at 3:11 am #

my mind just blew up….. oat creative is based in the town where i live (somerville, ma, usa), and until now i had no idea who was behind the incredible branding/web design of many of my favorite haunts. i have always been inspired by your blog, but my love for it has definitely reached new heights. thanks diana! xo

16. f Friday 10 August, 2012 at 1:09 am #

perfect compilation! loved it all, especially the alphabet letters and tokoyomilk’s packaging. but, i am a graphic designer, go figure. i also follow deborah on ig, amazing b&w decor.

17. Deborah Friday 17 August, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Thank you so much! I have just stubbled across this! what a great blog..Love it and thanks again. x

18. Deborah Friday 17 August, 2012 at 11:38 am #

Oh sorry meant to say I am apieceofcake!

19. Helin Friday 17 August, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

wow, what a beautiful collection.. I’m loving all these black visuals although I’ve been loving colorful items lately…