Stuff

These Things No.40

i actually started writing this post a few days ago when i was in the grips of a nasty bout of flu, which is spreading through cape town like wildfire at the moment, but i simply could not muster enough energy to get even half way through it. consequently i spent about a week in bed or on the couch (watching many, many episodes of friends) and subsequently had to catch up on real work – which meant the blog has been on the backburner for a while. i’m sorry about that!

i did however find some time to spruce things up a bit around here… what do you think of the new design? i like that i can play with the look of the blog so much, it’s like experimenting with my hair without the emotional fallout of a bad cut.

so, after much time away, a these things is in order.

kate has busy rebranding all her personal projects – including her jewellery line. love the clay amulets!

rifle paper co just released their 2013 cities calendar:

love this turkish clothing line Uttu:

beautiful accessories from Benah:

Michelle & Martin Nørbo have a lovely home:

the stylish Karkashadze sisters are popping up everywhere…

left: all the pretty birds / right: street style aesthetic

dig the sash cord studies by Doug Johnston:

a long way from home:

thomas slater illustration:

get busy, get dizzy:

how cute are these toast plates!

love the all that is solid shop:

beautiful ensemble at no.6:

vessels by Kusafune:

i like it when the sartorialist photographs in black & white:

the colourful home of cris & marcelo rosenbaum photographed by the selby:

this salt bird by our workshop made me laugh:

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply laura Friday 17 August, 2012 at 10:39 am

Love that calendar! Beautiful. Also like that salt bird cellar :)

• Reply Tündéri Lonka Friday 17 August, 2012 at 11:16 am

ADORABLE THINGS! ♥

• Reply Amy Friday 17 August, 2012 at 11:24 am

what a lovely post! absolute feast for the eyes. x

habotai.blogspot.co.uk

• Reply Jess {JessinBelgium} Friday 17 August, 2012 at 11:34 am

I love this series and always look forward to your next ones! Greetings from a devoted follower in Belgium.

• Reply Kate Friday 17 August, 2012 at 11:40 am

those sisters! the best!

• Reply Kate Friday 17 August, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I love the new look, not to mention ALL of the things…

• Reply lauren Friday 17 August, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Amazing finds! I’ve also been atttacked by the dreaded flu so my productivity levels this week have been at an all time low.

• Reply Lauren Friday 17 August, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I really like new site design! Even the way you’ve done the comments is lovely :)

• Reply Haley Friday 17 August, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful links!!

• Reply Rachel Townsend Friday 17 August, 2012 at 3:32 pm

The House, the woven bags, the toast plates, the lion vase… Urrgh All soooo gorgeous, Even all the clocks on the wall. Always Love browsing your blogs Miss Moss Thaaaanks.

• Reply Rachel Townsend Friday 17 August, 2012 at 3:33 pm

P.S. I hope your feeling heaps better, Because the flu really sucks.

• Reply Jenna Friday 17 August, 2012 at 3:45 pm

why hello there! glad you like the store, it’s beautiful isn’t it! great post [great minds think alike, I posted about the same jewellery this morning too!] x

• Reply Andreas Friday 17 August, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Lovely post ! Hope you recovered from the flu! I always love your assembly of pictures. The calenders are really beautiful and I love the jewellery. Looks very natural and thats what I like!

• Reply ispyiny Friday 17 August, 2012 at 4:26 pm

hey there, i’ve been a big fan of your blog for quite some time and for the past couple months, none of your pictures have been showing! i’ve tried it on multiple browsers.

• Reply Connie Friday 17 August, 2012 at 4:57 pm

So happy you’re feeling better because these images are making me feel great! I love when the Sartorialist goes black & white, too!
    Connie*

• Reply Alicia Friday 17 August, 2012 at 5:27 pm

That salt bird made me laugh, too, when I saw it! :) I love checking your blog! Have been following for a while! Great work and great finds!

• Reply Hande Friday 17 August, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Such a great thing to see a turkish brand here on Miss Moss.

• Reply Michelle Tree Friday 17 August, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Beautiful! I am falling in love with the Karkashadze sisters as well!

• Reply Judit @WineDineDaily Saturday 18 August, 2012 at 1:36 am

Hope you are feeling better, and the salt bird does looks quite cute :)

• Reply Courtney @educatedderelicts Saturday 18 August, 2012 at 1:42 am

Awesome collection! You have such excellently quirky taste :)

• Reply mariell. Saturday 18 August, 2012 at 2:05 am

these are worth waiting for, always leaving me with such a rush of inspiration! when i was trying to figure out what my features were going to be, you inspired me to make a 10 things feature. i have so much fun browsing the web collecting things to share.

i especially loved the sartorial shots, they look like they were from another era. and the danish house too! made me long back home to norway.

• Reply Tiril Saturday 18 August, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Thank you again and again. Can not get tired of you blog! Do you know where I can get hold of finger rings like the ones the girl wears on the second picture from the top? Love love love. – Tiril from Norway

• Reply thecitygourmand Saturday 18 August, 2012 at 3:35 pm

You’ve done it again! I love clicking on these ‘new’ discoveries. Great to see an Aussie brand, Benah thrown in for good measure!

• Reply Noelle Saturday 18 August, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Toast plates!! Oh, i adore.

• Reply Luisa C Sunday 19 August, 2012 at 10:16 pm

That was an intense post! I hope your flu goes away quickly. Sweet selection!

• Reply Joy Monday 20 August, 2012 at 7:14 am

Love the new look! It’s super chic. For some reason it reminds me of Chanel!

• Reply Gracie Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 11:50 pm

The toast and the bird made me smile

• Reply Talisa Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 1:59 pm

So happy to see you like ‘a long way from home’! Have been reading your blog for a while, love it.

Talisa x

• Reply Nicole Thursday 30 August, 2012 at 12:17 am

I stumbled across your blog yesterday and as I was scrolling through, I noticed one of my photographs in this post (a long way from home)! To say I was flattered is an extreme understatement.

I adore your aesthetic, this whole site is an amazing source of inspiration.

• Reply Perfect | Second Floor Flat Tuesday 4 September, 2012 at 6:18 pm