Rewardrobe

some of you may remember my last Rewardrobe post, which was exactly a year ago today. so much has changed in my life since then – i moved to a new city & into a new flat, cut down hours at my day job and took on more freelance work. consequently my finances have been geared toward setting up home and other things that are way more important than clothes. like buying plants and making cheese pies.

the thing is, i have naturally become more discerning when it comes to what i buy and choose to wear. i guess this just happens as you get older (and approach 30) … i don’t really just pop in to shops anymore, where in the past i would have inevitably ended up buying cheap items that i’d only get a few wears out of. i used to think why should i spend [x] on these expensive boots when i can spend the same amount on many (cheaper, crappier) boots. now-a-days i can count the number of items i’ve purchased in the past year on one hand. okay, one and a half hands. two tiny little hands. all good quality pieces that i will hopefully get many, many wears out of.

so i decided to do another rewardrobe post – things i would buy if i somehow miraculously had extra cash burning a hole in my proverbial pocket. more than anything i like making fantasy online shopping collages. so, enjoy.

DRESSES

acne nude marlow dress / goat peppermint dress / 3.1 phillip lim dress / dkny sleeveless dress / tucker dress / madewell silk pleated dress / aubin & wills silk crepe dress / a.p.c. denim dress / paul & joe sister silk dress /l’agence belted satin dress / michelle mason silk georgette dress

TOPS

monki lucy singletmonki melodie blouse / monki dannie shirt / a.p.c. peach top / m missoni top / equipment palms blouse / theory silk blouse / paul & joe pelican top / l’agence silk shirt / aubin & wills green shirt /

JACKETS

acne leather jacket
(who needs another jacket when you have acne?)

TROUSERS

a.p.c. cure stretch jeans / j.crew café capri / alice + olivia arthur cropped pants / t-bags cropped printed satin pants

SKIRTS

a.p.c. button down skirt / jonathan saunders rosalyn printed skirt

SWEATERS

j.crew french hen sweater / mulberry tiger sweater / aubin & wills fox sweater

ACCESSORIES

cold picnic watch /faux/real bracelet /acne amber wallet / karen walker sunglasses / acne chestnut wallet / suno x warby parker wendel sunnies

BAGS

margiela handbag / common projects leather shopper / baggu drawstring purse / rib & hull heirloom tote / acne everest tan

SHOES

rag & bone booties / diesel leather booties / a.p.c. loafers / kjacques sandals / asos leather sandals / margiela sandals / samantha pleet bonnie boots /dieppa restreppo dina oxford

, , , , , ,

41 Responses to Rewardrobe

1. Stephanie T. Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

Oh this post took me into my own wardrobe fantasy world! Thank you for starting my Tuesday off right! Let’s have a bake-sale and raise those funds! :)

2. Alexa Y. Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

I am in love with way too many of these dresses and blouses. I’ve been trying to be more discerning about my shopping and what I choose to add to my wardrobe, and slowly, but surely, I’ve been getting there. Love the idea behind this post!

3. dervla @ The Curator Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

this is an amazing lineup. Dying over that Tucker sleeveless dress in the first row.

4. sabu Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

i wish more than anything that we would could all have fat pockets filled with Benjamins! this collage, however, is a-mazing and makes me want the fat pocket even more.
    great post!
    xx

5. daria Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 8:20 pm #

Diana, this is amazing. I could grab all of these items and I love the layout.

6. Alice Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

Quite nice ! that Scotch and Soda shirt is perfection ! And about spending less but better, i think it’s definitely about maturing!

7. Sweet Harvest Moon Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 9:09 pm #

One of each, please! Such beautiful items

8. Romy Alfino Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Eeerr i would wear every piece. Pretty much moi so thanks for this :)

9. gussie Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

i just saw that hen sweater at j.crew yesterday! this post is quite incredible…

10. Laura Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

Those gray trousers are on my list too. And since it looks like they were on your list last year, you totally need to get them. They’re classic!
    Love your post-thank you!

• Miss Moss Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

haha – nicely spotted! :)

11. twiggs Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

oh my goodness, i absolutely love this!!! and yes, i’m just like you and as i guess i’m a bit older (turning 32 this year), this and the fact that i was once a spender, now i’m always so conscious when i shop, there are always a million reasons on my head why i shouldn’t buy that certain thing. but of course, it comes to a point in which there are no reasons not to buy, just to buy! amazing post!

12. Gracie Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 11:42 pm #

Beautiful! I love Samantha Pleet’s stuff.

13. Grace Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

Excellent taste and excellent picks!

14. Katie Tuesday 21 August, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

Oh beautiful clothes! Please come live with me! You have great taste, Miss Moss.

“i have naturally become more discerning when it comes to what i buy and choose to wear. i guess this just happens as you get older (and approach 30) … i don’t really just pop in to shops anymore, where in the past i would have inevitably ended up buying cheap items that i’d only get a few wears out of. i used to think why should i spend [x] on these expensive boots when i can spend the same amount on many (cheaper, crappier) boots.”

I practically could have written that myself. Too many times in the past I’ve bought cheap footwear and it’s just so not worth it! They always end up giving me blisters and start looking super shabby after only a couple wears. The 2 pairs of shoes I currently wear the most are also my most expensive shoes. I’ve had them both for around 2 years and wear them constantly. So I’m absolutely convinced that spending that little bit of extra money on shoes (and clothes) is absolutely a smart move. Unfortunately for me, I can’t really afford to spend much money on anything, so I still go cheap on clothes for the most part. I get bored of clothes much faster than I do of shoes.

15. Kaitlyn Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 12:38 am #

Love this post, love the picks, love everything!

16. Joy Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 6:09 am #

I absolutely love everything on this list!

17. Tra Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 6:17 am #

Hey Diana, love the list & the idea too, pretty much the same thing I feel lately about my closet.

18. katie Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 7:40 am #

it’s like i both LOVE and HATE this post. too many pretty things!!

19. Cathryn Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 8:47 am #

this would be the most KILLER wardrobe!!!

20. i am not a celebrity Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 10:14 am #

This is a beautifully curated collection of wonder-dreaming.

It was a sensory overload of want and need. I think I need to go and lie down now. Perhaps to meditate on winning the lottery.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a load of work!

Kate
    x

21. Cari Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Um, this collection is amazing. I would love to own all of these items too. I love how you colour coordinated it all. x

22. Caroline Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

Yep – you’ve got it spot on there, the big 30 looms for me too and I am drawn to more expensive clothes that will last (makes me sound like my mum!) Not that I can afford them though!!

23. Ranu Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

This is amazing. Love the Acne jacket (love Acne everything) and the Michelle Mason dress the most. But really love it all!

24. April Louise Wednesday 22 August, 2012 at 11:22 pm #

Wow I’m in love with pretty much every item of clothing you put up. Particularly like the Paul and Joe print.

25. Lindsey Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 3:07 am #

Love EVERYTHING on this post. I too had the realization that it’s nicer to save money for very nice, unique items that are more meaningful than to buy tons of cheap, not-so-unique things. This is a very inspiring post, and a reminder for me to save money! :)

26. Stephanie Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 4:48 am #

This is such a fantastic idea for a post! I love all of your picks <3 Sometimes, pretending and collaging makes me feel like I actually -have- them. Then I go to my closet :\ haha.

27. Thea Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 6:39 am #

I just died and went to heaven. So much to love here!

28. Leigh-Anne Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I could not agree with you more! For a couple years now I have been but MUCH less, much better quality (and more expensive) garments. I also think you land up buying more carefully because you pocket feels it. Anyway, the blown laceups, The Space has a pair that is nearly EXCTLY the same (100% leather, locally made by Amanda Laird Cherry if I recall), I have a pair and I LOVE them , really well made, laces were a big long but i just replaced them. Think they where about R500? And the orange silk shirt, Country Road had an almost identical one! I bought a very similar black one 2 years (100% silk, also Country Road) and I wear it to death still, I have to hand wash it but it looks like the day I bought it. about R850 I think, but I cant tell you how much wear I have gotten out of it!

29. Cat Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

I would absolutely want to own 100% of this post. Love everything.

Cat

30. Rachel Thursday 23 August, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

I got a panicked feeling looking at these clothes. It’s not that I want them, it is that I actually *need* them. Especially a pelican print top and a perfect silk dress and some maison martin margiela sandals. Oh my heart. Thank you for the inspiration.

31. thecitygourmand Friday 24 August, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Totally in love with this post. A dream wardrobe inventory for sure ;)

32. Cleo Friday 24 August, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

I cannot tell you how much this is my wish list but better!! I love your blog

33. Lindsay - Shrimp Salad Circus Friday 24 August, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

Oh my gosh – love this whole post! I only ever put together bits and pieces. I love the idea of building a whole ‘ideal world’ wardrobe!!!

34. Courtney Saturday 25 August, 2012 at 1:42 am #

Everything—I want everything!!! Great selections, I love the sweaters.

35. Clarissa Saturday 25 August, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

♥♥♥♥♥…

36. Rhianna Sunday 26 August, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

If ever I need an entirely new wardrobe, and I somehow have a ridiculous amount of money for it, I’m coming here :P

37. Mabel and Zora Sunday 26 August, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

I want so much of this it’s p a i n f u l ! Good clothing curating ladies…

38. Georgie Thursday 6 September, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

I want everything in this post. You have lovely taste

39. Jade Sheldon Friday 7 September, 2012 at 4:29 am #

You are killing me. Loooove this…

40. Christina Friday 7 September, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

Please shut your face. And by that I mean you have excellent taste and I also wish I had some extra cash burning a hole in my proverbial pocket. I’m still in my mid-20s and purchasing too many cheap items that don’t get a lot of wear. I really do see the value of splurging on fewer, more high quality items, but the thought of dropping $215 on Aubin & Wills’ Fox sweater (that I truly truly love) makes me choke on the air I’m breathing. $215 is about 15% of my total monthly income so you can see why I balk. Excuses aside, if I stopped going to the mall and visiting ModCloth it would only take maybe a few months of saving up in order to afford that Fox sweater. I suppose I shall have to give that some thought.