News!

Yay!

Yay!

hello! i am still away on holiday, but i thought i’d let you know (if you don’t follow me on twitter or instagram) that Anton and i got engaged yesterday! we got up at 5am to go watch the sun rise over the sea from the cliffs at Kei. i jumped out of the car as soon as we got there to snap some pics on my iPhone, like a true instagram nerd, and when i turned around to look at him he asked… and I said yes. oh, what a feeling.

we drank some champagne and i quickly downloaded an app so we could take a self timed photo (the reception was really great on that hill) and then some curious Nguni cattle came to witness the whole thing. it was the most amazing morning, and we are still in a glorious, happy daze.

i will be back in the swing of things from next week. hope that everyone had a great holiday season, looking forward to the year to come!

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Melissa says

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to you guys!
    I also got engaged a couple of days ago… perfect timing because I’m counting on you to hunt down rad wedding stuff now. I like to think we’d be pals in real life, and I say that in the most non-creepy way possible. x

2. says

Congratulations! Engagement! Cows! Champagne at 5am! And way better pics then you could’ve gotten with one of those cheesy engagement photographers in on your special moment. Can’t WAIT for your wedding prep posts. Bask in the glow!

3. Belén Fernández Gracia says

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I follow your website since a long time, I´ve never told you how much I like it, so this is the right moment! Hope you two all the happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. says

Oh, thats wonderful news!!! Hope you guys will be incredibly happy and enjoy the lovely new phase of wedding planning! Looking forward to your inspiration shared on the blog *wink wink*

5. Serena McArter says

What grand news from my favourite blogger! I can’t wait to see the glory that will be your wedding pics. Much happinesses and radness for years to come

6. says

Congratulations Diana!! I saw those amazing pictures the other day on instagram and they looked so perfect. I love the cows too. Hope you have a great rest of your vacation!

7. hannie says

i’ve been checking out your blog for a long time (love the mixes especially, we have the exact same taste in music and you’ve introduced me to some great stuff!) — this is my first time commenting, and i just HAD to say congrats! i’m recently engaged as well… and although the whole proposal was amazing, i am now regretting that cows were not involved.

congrats again!

8. says

congratulations, and best of luck planning your wedding! such an exciting time, i love the feeling of being engaged! hope you don’t stress out as much as i did (to the point where we’re deciding to elope!)

Trackbacks