Cake! Cake! Glorious Cake!

oh no, don’t tell me it’s another wedding related post.

to be fair, cakes are delicious and amazing – SO – i hope you don’t mind that this post kind of has to do with the wedding. because the thought of the cakes makes me very excited. if everything goes according to plan there will be more than one cake. but not fancy tiered wedding cakes, just a few normal sized yet wonderfully tasty cakes to suit everyone’s taste. and by everyone i mean the two of us because we simply can’t choose.

salted caramel… vanilla buttercream… tres leches… maybe something with strawberries in it… or perhaps a pavlova cake?! the options are endless! but here are some i like the look and sound of.

the cutest ever carrot cake by Cereal Magazine:

chocolate cake with mascarpone frosting + pink lime cake with cream & coconut cheese frosting by Call Me Cupcake:

burnt almond torte by Photissière:

chocolate brownie mousse cake by Chasing Delicious:

coconut cream cake by Always With Butter:

lemon & poppyseed cake by anna-mavritta:

chocolate banana cake with maple glazed walnuts by My New Roots:

strawberry & chocolate cake by Matchbox Kitchen:

blood orange and rosemary cake by What Katie Ate:

petal layer cakeruffle layer cake & banana layer cake with salted caramel buttercream by Made from Scratch:

salted caramel chocolate fudge cake by Sweetapolita:

, , , , , ,

30 Responses to Cake! Cake! Glorious Cake!

1. rebecca Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

Oh my gosh. I should not have looked at this post.

2. Lovely day, isn’t it? Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

The chocolate cake with mascarpone frosting looks oh so yummy and makes me wanna bake right away! Thank you for the yummy inspiration and good luck finding the right cake!

3. Anna Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 4:43 pm #

I love these posts! Please don’t tone down the beautiful wedding planning if you want to share it with us.

4. Ragnhild Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 5:26 pm #

im drooling… i want to eat all those cakes! good luck :)

5. Vicki Archer Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 6:18 pm #

delicious…would love a slice of the carrot cake right now… xv

6. anna Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

this is what I’m doing for my wedding too! Plus all of my aunts are making their famous desserts (i.e. apple pie, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies).

7. gracie Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 6:53 pm #

I am fasting today and this post was so painful to look at :)

8. Leather and Ice Cream Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 6:53 pm #

Yummy!!!!! I want a piece of every single cake!! Hahahaha!!

xoxo

LEATHER & ICE CREAM

9. Mette Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 7:02 pm #

They all look amazing!

10. Valerie Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 7:33 pm #

WOW!!! These look a-m-a-z-i-n-g! A salted caramel wedding cake? Sounds heavenly :)

11. Mallory Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 7:50 pm #

Looking at a cake post at lunch when I don’t have a piece of cake (or even a cookie) is pretty much torturous. I’d want to do the same sort of cake set up (several different normal sized cakes) at my own wedding.

12. wmbg Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 8:02 pm #

oh. my. goodness. these cake pictures are killer. i love cake, i just wish they were easier to make at home and in a smaller scale. i’d be like a mad cake baker. i’m always scouring the city for the best cake and sometimes when i’m jonesing late at night for some, i go to bed disappointed because bakeries close early.

i guess i should disclose i’m pregnant and therefore have the right to such complaints?

13. Molly Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 8:35 pm #

My god so utterly pin-worthy – every one of them. Apparently ‘naked cakes’ – i.e. layered cakes with no icing on the outside – are very hip right now. Yeah, I’d eat one.
    And we want to know EVERY DETAIL of your wedding plans. Spare us none!

14. Iva Tuesday 22 January, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

I am in love!:)

15. Jessica Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 12:49 am #

Omg cakes. And please don’t apologize for the wedding related stuff–if you feel like sharing I’m more than happy to read! I’m sure your impeccable taste will carry over, and wedding stuff is some of the prettiest! Oh, and congrats :)

16. samantha Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 1:02 am #

good grief i had to stop myself from licking the screen! but now, i have some cakes/recipes to make for a rainy day, so thank you! i’m excited to see future wedding posts :)

17. Sara Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 1:34 am #

All of these look incredible, some of the decoration is so delicate and exquisite!

18. Lauren Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 3:40 am #

I love this post! They are all so beautiful and so delectable!

19. Jenna Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 4:01 am #

LOVE the layered almond slithers! so clever!

20. Rachael | Made From Scratch Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 4:28 am #

Oh my goodness, thank you so very much for including my cakes amongst such incredibly talented bakers – so incredibly honoured! Ah everything looks so delicious! x

21. Charity Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 5:36 am #

that’s such a great idea to have more than one cake – variety is definitely the spice of life! can’t wait to hear which ones you pick :)

22. BON AND JOUR Wednesday 23 January, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

Mhhmmm… and to give you even some more inspiration: I once saw a cake made out of macaroons! :)

23. Sabaa Thursday 24 January, 2013 at 1:24 pm #

After looking at this photos I have a biggest sugar craving.

24. thecitygourmand Thursday 24 January, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

Those carrot tops are too cute for words!

25. Jo Thursday 24 January, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

I got married in December – and asked a bunch of our friends (who love to bake), to make cakes and desserts, rather than opting for the traditional singular ‘wedding cake’. The cake table turned out to be a sumptuous spectacle! It was a feast for eyes and mouths.

26. Chloe Moon Friday 25 January, 2013 at 4:19 am #

Wow seriously that is the cutest carrot cake!! =)

27. Joy Friday 25 January, 2013 at 7:32 am #

mmm each and everyone of them look so good!

28. ROSA Friday 25 January, 2013 at 10:08 am #

oh wow they look like real cake-art ;)

29. Jade Sheldon Saturday 26 January, 2013 at 6:05 am #

You are killing me…

30. Claudia Tuesday 29 January, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

Amazing! Would like to taste each of it.
    C.