Art

Winnie Truong

Winnie Truong is a Canadian artist whose infinitely detailed drawings are absolutely beautiful and mesmerizing. she has just launched her latest series A Slow Immersion, which is currently showing at the ESP Gallery in Toronto.

The latest drawing series by Winnie Truong continues to explore the artist’s ongoing relationship with hair beyond beauty and accoutrement and into a direction of a object and environs. Through delicate, labor-intensive drawing, Truong’s anomalous subjects examine the possibility of hair as a veil and as an object of comfort, while also remaining a self-consuming and self-inspiring muse.

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Thy Mims Friday 1 March, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Exquisite work. The detail she uses in her illustrations reminds me of Justin Bryan Nelson’s work: http://www.littlepaperplanes.com/artist/463-justin-nelson. He is extremely talented!! He uses similar technique as far as making fibers look fit to touch, not quite 2-d but not quite 3-d.

• Reply Becca Friday 1 March, 2013 at 5:59 pm

so very different…very mesmerizing. held me spell bound. xo

• Reply Joy Friday 1 March, 2013 at 6:49 pm

these are so interesting. great attention to detail.

• Reply musings.by.di Friday 1 March, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Very cool and freaky at the same time. And it’s all so very beautiful. For some reason, I’ve always been fascinated by how illustrators draw long hair. When I was a kid, I so wished I could draw hair like the ones you see in anime and asian comic books. The details of each strand blows my mind.

xoxoo
    Diana

• Reply Maggie Friday 1 March, 2013 at 8:18 pm

This makes me want my hair to grow much faster – very cool imagery.

• Reply Chloe Moon Friday 1 March, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Wow…from the bloglovin reader it looks like photographs so I’m like Wow that’s coloured pencils!!! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! She does magnificent work!

• Reply Alicia Friday 1 March, 2013 at 8:23 pm

These are pretty intense, love it!

• Reply MerMaeve Monday 4 March, 2013 at 12:19 am

I love these drawings! This artist was featured in one of Worn Fashion Magazine’s issues on hair… her drawings for that were incredible too!

• Reply CaptiveLouise Sunday 17 March, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Check out lebanese illustrator Karen Klink, she’s gorgeous and her work is beautiful :)
    we collaborated with her for our FW14 collection prints and they are loveee <3

• Reply Miss Moss : Winnie Truong Wednesday 9 April, 2014 at 5:09 pm

[…] always wonderful to see what can happen in a year, and it was almost exactly a year ago that i featured the work of artist Winnie Truong. her most recent body of work Rites of Passage has just opened […]