This Is My Jam

Miss Moss Music Mix: This Is My Jam

okay okay, i give in. here’s a new music mix for you! yesterday was a public holiday in south africa, which means a lot of people round here are taking a bit of a long weekend… so i made use of the down time to catch up on new music and compile a smattering of good songs for you to enjoy. it’s a biggie too, topping in at 20 tracks.

Falling by HAIM is totally my new jam. and you simply have to get your hands on the full albums of Rhye (which i’ve had on repeat) & Laura Mvula. i’m also excited by the news tracks from Kisses, Vampire Weekend and Iron & Wine. but there’s a ton of other rad shit in here though, so just give it a listen will ya?

what have you been listening to? i’m been abusing Songza a lot lately, mostly to revel in classic 90s jamz.

[wpcol_1half id="" class="" style=""]

This Is My Jam.

1. Rhye – 3 Days
  2. Vampire Weekend – Step
  3. Irons and Wine - Grace for Saints and Ramblers
  4. Generationals – Put a Light On
  5. Born Ruffians – Needle
  6. HAIM – Falling
  7. Gypsy & The Cat – Bloom
  8. Phoenix – Entertainment
  9. Ra Ra Riot - Beta Love (RAC Mix)
  10. Laura Mvula – Green Garden
  11. Young Galaxy – Pretty Boy
  12. Foals – My Number
  13. Kisses – Huddle
  14. Youth Lagoon – Dropla
  15. Stornoway – Knock Me In The Head
  16. Local Natives – Breakers
  17. Phosphorescent – Song for Zula
  18. Young Man – In A Sense
  19. Sunny Levine feat. Young Dad - No Other Plans
  20. Fainting by Numbers - A Stone In The Ground

[/wpcol_1half] [wpcol_1half_end id="" class="" style=""]

[/wpcol_1half_end]

all music is for sampling purposes only – please go out and buy the artists’ records & support them at their shows!

37 Responses to This Is My Jam

1. Kitty Wong Draws Friday 22 March, 2013 at 4:44 pm #

You make the BEST mixes! Can’t wait to do some illustrating while listening to this tomorrow. Sure to brighten my day. Thanks so much!

2. Arvolyn Friday 22 March, 2013 at 5:49 pm #

3. Rowan Friday 22 March, 2013 at 6:28 pm #

Yuss! These mixes are always a highlight. Thanks Diana.

4. sartoriography Friday 22 March, 2013 at 6:40 pm #

This mix is VERY MUCH my jam. I’ve just embarrassed myself in a coffee shop by visibly rocking out to it. Thanks for sharing!!

5. Kelli Friday 22 March, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

thank you miss moss!! I see some of my favorites on here so this is bound to be a good one!

6. Kari Friday 22 March, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

thank you! love these mixes

7. Maggie Friday 22 March, 2013 at 10:25 pm #

yay yay music! thanks!

8. Lacey Friday 22 March, 2013 at 10:54 pm #

I’m so excited to see you’ve put up a new playlist! I was definitely sad when you said you were going to stop making them. I’ll be setting up my new attic studio tomorrow to this mix. Music is the best gift, thank you for another great playlist!

9. Alison-Grace Accessories Friday 22 March, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

Sweet, can’t wait to take a listen. I too have been addicted to Songza. The 80′s Eye of the Tiger ‘Confidence Mix’ is my guilty pleasure. I just can’t stop!

10. Kate Saturday 23 March, 2013 at 1:21 am #

What a happy surprise, thank you!

11. Megs Saturday 23 March, 2013 at 2:41 am #

Fanstastico! Going to see Phoenix twice this month…they are such a brilliant band live I just can’t say no. Happy week’s end! Brilliant selection as always, thanks!

Hope the recent move has gone to plan and all well with the wedding planning!

12. Charisse Saturday 23 March, 2013 at 5:48 am #

So happy! This made my day. :)

13. Marguerite Saturday 23 March, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

Lately, I’ve been listening to this a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzH-2kFMpus , mostly when I feel like dancing around my barren apartment. On the other side of the spectrum, I’m also extremely keen on this: https://soundcloud.com/mariboustate/ultraista-gold-dayz-maribou

Thanks for the mix! I don’t know why you would ever stop sharing.

14. Veronica Saturday 23 March, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

Yes thank you!!! I really, really adore your mixes.

15. Caroline Stefko Sunday 24 March, 2013 at 12:44 am #

I am so glad you didn’t stop doing the mixes! I’ve found a lot of great bands through them. Jam on :)

16. Bridget Sunday 24 March, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

darling diana, I am mostly a lurker but love that you post mixes both of the music and fashion variety when you feel excited about it! don’t let us bully you into these things. :)

17. Brian Monday 25 March, 2013 at 7:08 am #

Please create Rdio playlists.

• Miss Moss Monday 25 March, 2013 at 7:20 am #

i can’t, i live in south africa.

18. Nina Monday 25 March, 2013 at 8:37 am #

It is completely amazing, for real !! Your playlist inspire one of my best designs! KEEP DOIN’ THEM!

19. Maria Monday 25 March, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

So many great songs here, thank you! Your mixes always make my day!

20. xtine Monday 25 March, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

Thank u! I love ur music mixes and I’m so happy u didn’t stop doing them :)

21. Valerie Monday 25 March, 2013 at 8:32 pm #

THANK YOU!!! I’ve really missed your music mixes. I’m loving HAIM as well :)

22. Lauren Popp Monday 25 March, 2013 at 9:25 pm #

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I’m so excited :) These are the best!

23. amy Tuesday 26 March, 2013 at 10:18 am #

YAYYAYYAY! thankyou! that heim song is my new favourite too, so I’m very excited to spend the rest of the week listening to this mix on repeat.

24. plique Wednesday 27 March, 2013 at 12:04 am #

Dear Diana,

did you already check out http://www.thisismyjam.com ? it’s actually a really cool service i’m totally into at the moment. And it’s always a great way to source new music.

25. Stephanie Wednesday 27 March, 2013 at 4:46 am #

Thanks for sharing!! I love your jams.

26. veery Thursday 28 March, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

gorgeous mix! you’ve outdone yourself this time. i’m in heaven. thank you!

27. Des Friday 29 March, 2013 at 1:57 am #

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

28. Melissa Sunday 31 March, 2013 at 3:36 am #

You knocked it out of the park! Thank you.

29. Chuck Monday 1 April, 2013 at 11:19 pm #

Ooh! So many great things on here. What a treat. Thank you!

30. Sara Friday 5 April, 2013 at 9:36 am #

I might seem ungrateful as I rarely leave any messages but still sucking up all your great posts. I really appreciate the universes you are creating through your continuing jam sessions – really. I just found this wonderful song I thought would be just perfect for the weekend! Happy friday from Denmark

31. Bianca Friday 5 April, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

THIS IS MY JAM TOO, listening to non stop whilst I do my taxes. Fun morning!

32. amy Wednesday 10 April, 2013 at 4:40 am #

I’ve been listening to this non-stop all weekend and just thought I’d pop back and let you know that your mixes definitely DO make me buy more music- I’ve been introduced to lots of artists I love through the mixes and have then bought their CDs, so don’t stop making ‘em! :)

33. Michelle Tuesday 7 May, 2013 at 10:51 am #

Best mix out right now. I’ve been repeating since it’s been posted.

34. Karen Friday 7 February, 2014 at 1:12 pm #

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I rediscovered this playlist on my iTunes, and I’ve been listening to it non-stop!
    I actually buy so much music as a result of hearing some of the artists in your mixes. I understand your apprehension about not doing too many of these mixes, but I really miss them – you compile the best shit EVS!! So I am officially making a request for another playlist! x

35. Amy Roux Wednesday 16 April, 2014 at 4:06 pm #

Miss Moss, loving your mixes. I think you’d really enjoy Laurel-19 year old heart breaker taking London. Listen to Blue Bloods and Fire Breather-so beautiful-but her other songs are lovely too, enjoy and let me know what you think! Amy x

Trackbacks/Pingbacks