These Things No.51

these things no.51! i don’t have anything interesting to say today… i’m tired. i’m going to have a bath. i might read in there. it’s raining outside. i might try my hand at making some vegetable soup. any recipes you care to share? have a good weekend!

the BFF themed lookbook for Robber features actual BFFs, and it’s amazing. photographs by Arden Wray:

a new website and lookbook for Datter:

exceptionally beautiful styling work by Marie Olsson Nylander:

a new lookbook for Oh Dear Megan:

a beautiful interior for Delbôve boutique by Christophe Remy:

now i have a craving for Hokkaido milk toast, big time:

Father, a new coffee roastery in Braamfontein:

Emma-Jane’s living room makeover:

have to try this 3 ingredient recipe for chocolate fudge:

nice new things at Vuela:

love the S/S 13 lookbook for Blooming Leopold:

love this dainty ring by Favor Jewellery:

an amazing shoot by Raffaella Campeggi, courtesy of Emma:

Middle of Nowhere is a cute Aussie design studio:

interesting knitwear by Yu Square:

and if you want some new music to listen to, check out Joburg based Vampire 9000:

17 Responses to These Things No.51

1. petal and plume Friday 21 June, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

incredible visuals – thanks for all the links and inspiration!
    xx

2. Maggie Friday 21 June, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

I will have to try that three ingredient fudge recipe – looks delicious!

3. ray Friday 21 June, 2013 at 6:37 pm #

I think the secret to a good soup is to cook it with a parmesan rind. Giada’s recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/winter-minestrone-recipe/index.html

4. Katherine Friday 21 June, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

try any ribollita soup – it is my absolute favorite winter soup recipe! best part is it actually gets better as the days go by, and you can always put it back in the pot and add different veggies to spice it up later in the week!

highly recommend putting a rind of parmesan in, and spooning the soup over chunks of toasted baguettes to serve!

5. Leanne Friday 21 June, 2013 at 8:36 pm #

My favorite soup is Cream of Tomato from the wonderful Smitten Kitchen: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2006/11/come-on-thunder/

Or, if I’m lazier, I chop up onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and whatever veggies I have on hand, sautee in olive oil for maybe 10 minutes, add some broth (I use chicken), cook another 15-20 minutes, add herbs or other seasonings and there you have it. Simple and very tasty!

6. lauren winter Saturday 22 June, 2013 at 5:18 am #

thank you so much, diana! what a great collection of images – I need to visit johannesburg one of these days and drink at that coffeehouse, amazing.

7. Carly Maddox Saturday 22 June, 2013 at 6:03 am #

What a beautiful collection of photos, I’ve gotten so much inspiration from this, so thank you!

xoxo,

8. Teresa Saturday 22 June, 2013 at 5:26 pm #

I’m loving these, especially the jewellery!

9. Kiku Vintage Saturday 22 June, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

I have had great success improvising vegetable soups with whatever is in season or on hand. The secret is in adding a bit of crushed red pepper flakes to the onion and garlic that get sauteed in olive oil at the beginning, and then also adding parmesan rind along with the stock. Then just add harder veggies first and simmer, adding leafy and soft veggies closer to finish time.

10. Paula Sunday 23 June, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

Sorry, working now. The bug was from Feedly I guess… My first comment btw, love your blog. cheers from Buenos Aires

11. Christina Monday 24 June, 2013 at 1:56 am #

Lovely things! I love your latest logo!!

12. Bridget Monday 24 June, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Oh wow, I love that bird necklace. I have a serious love of Zuni NM turquoise bird necklaces, always looking for the next one to catch my eye.

I kind of don’t like minestorne/fagiol/tomatoy vegetable soups..they just kind of taste overcooked to me.

But! There are many other great veg soups out there – two of my current favorites:

Door 16′s vegan chili is amazing

Love and Olive Oil’s roasted garlic and parsnip soup is really different, a little parsnip-spicy – perfect with some reeealllly good bread.

If you’re a meat-eater, a lovely pork posole (slow cooked pork shoulder, awesome) with avocado, thinly sliced radish, mango, tortilla chips, yum. Or–this really creamy chicken vegetable soup that uses cauliflower, yogurt and miso to make it like the creamy goodness in a chicken pot pie but exceedingly good for you (in my evernote, should be able to get there without logging in).

13. Adyss Tuesday 25 June, 2013 at 3:09 pm #

Beautiful as always! Thank goodness you’ve introduced me to Vampire 9000.

14. emmabjewels Wednesday 26 June, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

Too many lovely things!
    Hadn’t heard of Datter Industries before, so they are a great discovery…..now following their blog too!
    x

15. tara-lynn Thursday 27 June, 2013 at 6:05 am #

love arden! best photographer i’ve ever had the pleasure of working with too!
    so many wonderful things in this post.

16. Caroline Thursday 27 June, 2013 at 11:33 pm #

the BFF inspired lookbook – such a cute idea! and that striped rug combined with the sailor mirror…love love love. thanks for the inspiration, I’m going to sleep now dreaming of lovely things!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Marie Olsson Nylander « The Fashion Medley - Thursday 27 June, 2013

[...] source: harvest agency via miss moss [...]