Warm Weather

it’s that time of year again where i do my annual post about summer psyching. this has mostly do with all the imagery i have seen on instagram and twitter and in my blog feed from people who live in, or are currently holidaying in, the northern hemisphere. i know you guys have been experiencing some heat waves – even though the news of the heat wave in London made all of us south africans smile, of course. “temperatures as high as 32c!”

i can’t say that i miss summer, at this point. truth is that we have had a pretty mild winter so far. some days i walk around my neighbourhood and it’s warm enough that people are donning shorts and tee-shirts. that’s just the way it is here, and always will be. i’m grateful for that. what i do miss is that feeling that summer brings – of being on perpetual holiday (even when you’re not). you can get home after work and there’s enough daylight left to go sit on the beach and have a sundowner with your friends, or jump in the pool, or have a gin & tonic on your patio… enjoy the next few months – it’ll be our turn soon.

all photos courtesy of their respective owners, please click on the images to be taken to the original.

© Able Parris

© dream awake

© matt bower

© matt bower

, , , ,

17 Responses to Warm Weather

1. Melissa Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 10:02 am #

Ha, yes, I wonder what it would be like to live somewhere where 32c in midsummer was so newsworthy! And I’m not even from anywhere as hot as SA (my hometown’s average February temperature would usually sit in the low thirties). We get pretty cold in winter though – it hasn’t topped 7c for a week – and this time of year I definitely get jealous reading about That Summer Feeling.

Your post has me looking forward to long evenings, beach bbqs, and backyard cricket. Thanks for the distraction from the bitter southerly :)

2. GeeGee Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 10:26 am #

Glad I’ve found your blog! It made me smile because my folks in SA laugh at English summers – but they’re complaining about a chilly winter when it hasn’t dropped below 7 degrees :) Looking forward to the seasons in both hemispheres – and hunting for a shorts-bikini like the girl on the skateboard!

3. Rona Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

It all looks so dreamy, makes you wanna jump into every shot :)

Dress To Cook Blog

4. Andi Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

Oh wow I just love these shots! Great collection!!!

5. sara Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

great pictures!

6. maggie Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

Goodness, that first photo. Stunning. All of them, really.

7. Second Floor Flat Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 7:49 pm #

I’m a gal from the southern U.S. living in London and the “heat wave” here has made me laugh as well. It is nice to have some hot weather for once though – that’s something I definitely miss! My family-in-law is in Durban and, funny enough, the South African winter temperatures are often warmer than the summer temperatures in London. Ay yai yai.

8. emmabjewels Wednesday 17 July, 2013 at 10:47 pm #

Live in England for a year or two, and you’ll quickly see why we are so obsessed with the weather!!
    Great images though x

9. @umenekosakura Thursday 18 July, 2013 at 1:47 am #

RT @transitmag: Summer Time Blues~色味がイイ。http://t.co/VZCB5RMiWX

10. @deeeet Thursday 18 July, 2013 at 1:59 am #

“Miss Moss : Warm Weather” http://t.co/zT5YR6ZrOA

11. Sarah Duff (@SarahDuff) Thursday 18 July, 2013 at 10:15 am #

Summer dreaming via @miss_moss http://t.co/UYs4aCKkoY

12. Nino @ Text Sketches Thursday 18 July, 2013 at 7:49 pm #

I read the 32degrees bit to my husband and we both just smiled. He comes from Namibia where that would be a nice and cool summers day. And for me 32degrees sound like the perfect summers day. I struggle to believe that there are people that consider that to be a heat wave. No wonder they burn their skins to toast when they come to South Africa without hats and sunscreen.

13. @ableparris Friday 19 July, 2013 at 12:09 am #

My photo of @juliaparris made it into a @miss_moss post about summer. http://t.co/x2uyHT1VOV

14. Tinne Wednesday 24 July, 2013 at 7:26 am #

Isn’t this lovely. I’m not complaining about this (Australian in my case) winter either but after seeing these little pieces of sunshine, it only makes me long more for the summer to come very soon!

Anyways, I’m happy that I bumped into you blog today. Now I have something to keep me busy when the weather goes crazy again :)

15. sandra semburg Friday 26 July, 2013 at 7:13 pm #

This is such a beautiful collection of photos, I am so glad to discover Amanda’s work, just amazing, thanks.

16. Erin Friday 2 August, 2013 at 6:13 pm #

Gorgeous as always, lady! This roundup is truly Summer inspiration at it’s finest.

xx Erin