Alicia Galer

i was sitting at my computer today, at work, after the usual 40 minute commute – and my back was hurting. my arms were stiff. all this sitting… is not helping my life. and i felt uninspired, and tired. i felt like i was having a bit of a moment at that desk. so i had a cup of tea and just decided to stop being such a Debbie Downer.

that’s when i discovered the work of talented artist Alicia Galer - which was pretty serendipitous actually, considering that i have been looking at so much floral inspiration lately. her drawings & collages of bouquets, gardens, plants, leaves and cacti really just made my day. so thanks, Alicia. you can browse more of her work at her website, blog and online shop.

Alicia Galer is a third year Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern design student currently based in Leeds. Her practice involves drawing in an expressionist manner from different inspiring spaces. With her drawings she extracts the marks and textures she has created to formulate more refined drawings and patterns.

Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer
Alicia Galer

, , , , ,

13 Responses to Alicia Galer

1. maggie Wednesday 24 July, 2013 at 7:36 pm #

I love all of the textures in these pieces – lovely find, as always.

2. Sophie | Spark Thursday 25 July, 2013 at 9:26 am #

These are lovely!

3. Sreetama Thursday 25 July, 2013 at 10:14 am #

The best thing about these works is that they kind of evoke the feeling of sunlit rooms, the kind of dappled light one sees inside greenhouses, with the use of negative spaces. beautiful.

4. Anna B Thursday 25 July, 2013 at 11:09 am #

I love your intro to this post – “all this sitting… is not helping my life. and i felt uninspired, and tired. i felt like i was having a bit of a moment at that desk” I have this all the time too! Always thinking of ways to get out of the office. These paintings are a lovely way to escape into the garden, which is where I’d much rather be! Glad you also have these ‘moments’! Thanks for sharing.

5. Katie Thursday 25 July, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

I’m feeling exactly the same as I sit here at my desk, thank you so much for the post! The artwork is inspiring- so simple yet it really gives you the feeling of being surrounded by these beautiful plants!

6. Joy @ OSS Thursday 25 July, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

these are so beautiful! they make me want to sketch and draw again :)

7. Classiq Thursday 25 July, 2013 at 7:45 pm #

These are beautiful! Thank you for the introduction.
    Ada

8. Marian Friday 26 July, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

Beautiful indeed! Makes me feel like starting to draw and paint (with no “shareable” result, of course :P)

9. janice / twoaftertwenty Friday 26 July, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

These are absolutely beautiful. These are so different and unique. Love them.

10. Caroline Friday 26 July, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

Love these, they are so carefree and happy looking

11. Julia Monday 29 July, 2013 at 5:24 am #

If you like these then I think you will also like the patterns and colors of NY artist John McAllister: http://www.jamesfuentes.com/artists/mcallister/

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Thursday Things | Gone Thrifting - Thursday 25 July, 2013

[...] 1. Alicia Galer illustration via Miss Moss [...]

2. potted plants « hunt+gather studio blog - Friday 14 February, 2014

[…] 2nd Row Middle-Left: Drawing by Alicia Galer (http://www.missmoss.co.za/2013/07/24/alicia-galer/) […]