Man’s Best Friend

i am still as broody for pets as i always have been. we are waiting for the right time (or rather, home) to finally get a dog – and my yearning for one has gotten to the point where i am already naming them. the big dog will be called Coach Taylor, that much i’m sure of. but for now i am resigned to enjoying other people’s pets and looking at pics of animals on the internet. i spent quite a bit of time looking through the vintage photos of owners and their sweet dogs over at Shorpy, so i thought i’d share some of the more interesting shots with you.

, , ,

24 Responses to Man’s Best Friend

1. Diana Moss (@miss_moss) Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Man’s Best Friend: http://t.co/bgU3RECLE7

2. Mimi Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

Oh my goodness. That last one. Those tiny boots! <3

3. madeline Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

that little dog in those tiny shoes. cutest guy ever. love these!!

4. Bianca Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

I love these photos so much. Such a great selection. My favourite is the roly poly man smoking the pipe, with his tiny dog.

5. sara Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

this photos are a useful tools for sheering when sad, what a bundle of joy <3

6. candice Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

dogs > cats
    always.

7. @86Home Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

this is the best! man’s best friend. http://t.co/iLJ15hbtY3 via @bloglovin

8. Shayna Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

Love! These photos make me feel nostalgic for the dog I never had (but also plan to get when the time is right).

9. ruth Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

v cute – dogs in shoes v odd…… though I was in Harrods Pet Emporium the other day………shoes galore there!!

10. maggie Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 6:55 pm #

I feel you! Sometimes when it is slow at work I look at dogs that are available for adoption. Now’s not the right time for me to get one, but one day!!

11. Brittanny Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

Dogs are truly the best.

12. Nina Zietman (@NinaZietman) Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 7:58 pm #

One for dog fans – @SusannahMaze you will like this http://t.co/M9f1zvVzCl

13. Eva Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 9:08 pm #

Love dogs and especially mine, great inspiration! xx

14. head in the sun Wednesday 14 August, 2013 at 11:25 pm #

tee hee – little boots.

15. Clare Thursday 15 August, 2013 at 1:51 am #

I love how no matter how different the fashions/ photo poses are, letting your dog climb all over you/ the furniture and smiling seems to be a universal thing!

I’m laid up in bed sick, with a little spaniel sitting at my feet.

16. @SianRKeegan Thursday 15 August, 2013 at 4:11 am #

I love these dog and owner photos http://t.co/zKwDEEcPQu

17. Ella Thursday 15 August, 2013 at 6:11 am #

Love dogs, I have two and they’re amazing but definitely understand your want to wait. It took me 3 years of waiting before getting my first dog but I feel like the wait just made it so much better. Love the dog family photos, so cute.

18. Amy Thursday 15 August, 2013 at 7:56 am #

Oh that first one! Love! I’m glad I’m not the only one that gets broody for pets. I tell my husband I’m “dog clucky”. Ha. x

19. Enid Thursday 15 August, 2013 at 8:28 am #

I have always had pets too, so I’m quite gutted living in a flat on a fourth floor and not being able to have a furbaby. :-(

20. phi @PrincessTofu Thursday 15 August, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

Thank you for sharing this. It makes me miss our dog who passed when I was in high school.

21. Jade Sheldon-Burnsed Friday 16 August, 2013 at 3:13 am #

I am so happy right now…

22. cait Friday 16 August, 2013 at 5:14 am #

I love this post!

23. @abbyfpratt Friday 16 August, 2013 at 1:46 pm #

Sweet collection of vintage dog photos, culled by @miss_moss: http://t.co/J6uHe0PQJc

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Walking and Reading: 11|8|13 | notes from a dog walker - Saturday 9 November, 2013

[…] collection of vintage photographs of Man’s Best Friend. I’ll tell you my favorite, if you tell me […]