The Voyageur

we are going on our honeymoon to NYC in October, and i am beyond excited to travel again! i haven’t been overseas since 2010, which felt like an absolute lifetime ago (but honestly i am very lucky to be able to travel every few years). even started collecting a bunch of stuff that we need to see while we’re there – 99% food related – so i tend to be a a bit of an obsessive researcher in that way. actually i’m pretty sure that i’m quite irritating to travel with, always consulting a map and making sure that we hit all the museums and get to our trains on time (my poor husband-to-be). well, i will try to relax a bit this time round, especially since we will be on h-o-n-e-y-m-o-o-n.

Paris based Pauline Chardin makes travelling look so easy, she just launched a blog called The Voyageur where she shares her beautiful travel photography, as well as insights into the places she and her husband visit. i always love seeing what people photograph on their travels, what one person notices that another does not. Pauline has visited some interesting places, i did not even know about the archaeological museum in Istanbul, but that is now top of my list if we ever go there. her photography is also absolutely exquisite, particularly the vegetation of Sri Lanka and this mouth-watering shot of quintessentially Italian figs and parmesan… mmm.

My day job is being a fashion designer, but I have been traveling and taking pictures for some time and it seemed only fair to share a little bit of it. The Voyageur is a place to make you discover or rediscover small corners of the world that feel unique, inspirational and surprising. All pictures are shot by me, unless, well, I am actually ON the picture, in that case I have my husband to thank for it. I currently shoot with a Sigma DP2M even if some of pictures here were taken with my former Sigma DP1. My husband’s pictures are shot with a Ricoh GR1V, a Leica MP or a Ricoh GXRm.

you can follow her at The Voyageur and on Instagram.

, , , , ,

20 Responses to The Voyageur

1. Diana Moss (@miss_moss) Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 11:24 am #

Paris based Pauline Chardin makes travelling look so easy, she just launched a blog called The Voyageur: http://t.co/ZQSxgzf6Nu

2. Pinpino Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

Beautiful stuff ! Very fresh blog.

3. Jenna Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

Such beautiful pictures, they really capture the atmosphere!
    Jenna x

4. Andi Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 3:26 pm #

Wow her pics are absolutely gorgeous! Excited to check her site out now!!

5. petal and plume Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

beautiful! what a gorgeous trip to look forward to!
    xx

6. Quyen Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 6:22 pm #

What a great assortment of pictures! Travel combines everything I love: art, culture, food, nature, and fashion.

7. maggie Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 7:01 pm #

These are stunning…too bad I am stuck in an office 50 hours a week. One day, I swear it!

8. melanie Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

Just wanted to suggest a few more NY places, based on what you’ve already pinned… Donna, for cocktails and tacos; Paulie Gee’s, for pizza; St. Anselm, for delicious grilled everything; Manhattan Inn, for old-timey pianomen and cocktails. Have a wonderful time!

9. Sher Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 7:43 pm #

Hi there! I found your blog via instagram and love the layout! You take such wonderful pictures.

Fall in NYC is absolutely gorgeous, you’re coming at the perfect time!!

xoxo,
    Sher

travel, food and photography blog

10. Bridget Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

Beautiful photos!

And with NYC, I think you’d love to go to one of Michael Arnell’s evenings – he’s the guy that started the Jazz Age Party on Governor’s Island, and he does events all year long, check it out!

11. mariana Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 10:48 pm #

I’m from Brazil, so it’s very expensive to travel from here. I feel like it takes forever to visit a new place, especially overseas.
    I totally relate to your “obsessive research”! I keep bookmarking links as if I was going to travel next week. So, when I finally do, my list of places to go and activities are enormous! The first time I went to NYC with my family I actually printed out a schedule for us making sure we has a museum a day at least!

hope you have an amazing honeymoon!!

xx

12. dervla @ The Curator Tuesday 3 September, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

yay for coming to NYC. Can’t wait to see what adventures you get up to here (food and otherwise).

13. Jade Sheldon-Burnsed Wednesday 4 September, 2013 at 7:42 am #

Oh, I just adore travel blogs. Especially couple travel blogs, since that is what my husband and I do together too.

Hahahaha, you are going to have such a splendid time in NYC! And food is always of the upmost importance! My husband and I are taking a belated honeymoon at the end of the month to London and Paris. I am thrilled beyond words!

14. Classiq Wednesday 4 September, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

NYC in autumn, and on honeymoon, sounds wonderful. Beautiful photos. I’m heading over to check out the Voyageur blog.
    Ada

15. RigillaMas Wednesday 4 September, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

Wow! That’s a great blog with a lot of suggestions and inspirations, I’d really like to travel more.
    Great post!
    RigillaMas
    Notes de Mode

16. Driely S. Thursday 5 September, 2013 at 5:27 am #

The next time you come to NYC, you should make time to visit the Jazz Age Lawn Party. It happens at Governors Island twice a year and it is just such a magical event. You would just love all the inspiring 1920s time-traveling for the weekend.

17. Driely S. Thursday 5 September, 2013 at 5:30 am #

I just see someone else made a comment above about the Jazz Age Lawn Party. hahahaha I guess you will have to take your readers word on this, it is a very dreamy event and very much your style.

18. caitlin rose Thursday 5 September, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

amazing. what a great name as well.

19. Jessica Wednesday 11 September, 2013 at 1:39 am #

Just stumbled upon your blog via my dear friend Erin Ellis’ portfolio page. Love the beautiful logo she lettered for you! Also loving what I’ve read so far on your blog. This post in particular as I am endeavoring something similar. Thanks for sharing, have fun in NYC! – Jessica

20. Sarah Monday 16 September, 2013 at 10:00 am #

These photos are beautiful – thanks for sharing! I love the pared down colours and striking compositions.