miss-moss-these-things55-006-scout
Stuff

These Things No 55.

hello! i am currently in the midst of one of the most exciting (and busiest) times of my life. yesterday the awful rain and hail we’ve been having stopped very suddenly, and we were greeted with snow and SUN  – basically the perfect combination – for my bridal shower. my bridesmaids and family and friends went above and beyond to make me feel so incredibly loved (with some laughs thrown in for good measure). as if that wasn’t enough, it is my birthday today. i am 30! it feels good. especially when you wake up to coconut cake in bed.

lastly, we are getting hitched in less than 2 weeks. this is my last week of work and then i’ll be stepping straight into the spiraling vortex of last minute wedding stuff and thingz… after which we leave for NYC for our honeymoon. so things are going to be a bit erratic around here over the next few weeks. i’m going to come out the other end as a Mrs, which is pretty damn rad. perhaps it’s time for a new blog name? while i ponder that, here’s a These Things.

love the new collection at Emerson Fry:

the branding for Garnish & Gather by Stitch Design Co:

the all black cover for Lea Seydoux on The Gentlewoman Issue No.8:

anti-everything by Wasted Rita:

this house in Melbourne (of course! always Melbourne) at The Design Files:

Scout & Catalogue for Debbie Carlos:

this cool chemist vase:

the new Dusen Dusen Spring 2014 collection:

the work of illustrator Linnea Puranen:

Ulla Johnson Spring 2014 (especially those pink dungies):

new collection by Chiyome:

this lovely home on Design Sponge:

this sweet colour blocked undies set:

new to me British label Charlie May:

the work of illustrator Vikki Chu:

theeeeeeeeese shoes by Marni!

this shoot for Frankie Magazine by Stefanie Ingram:

Ian Stevenson:

awesome packaging for licorice all-sorts by Bond:

and, this photo of Steve Martin:

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply maggie Monday 23 September, 2013 at 6:48 pm

LOVE the anti-everything – and happy birthday! Coconut cake is the greatest.

• Reply jen@Sunsets&SwimmingPools Monday 23 September, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Wow- I had no idea so much wonderfulness was happening- Happy Everything then !!

• Reply Angel Y. Monday 23 September, 2013 at 7:52 pm

The garnish and gather branding looks amazing! I also laughed at the “This is where I draw the line” poster. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Camille Monday 23 September, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Great installment as always! Especially love the Spring ’14 lines! Happy Wedding!

• Reply Emma Monday 23 September, 2013 at 9:51 pm

In love with the Emerson Fry playsuit. Adorable!

Emma xx

• Reply Aly Tuesday 24 September, 2013 at 3:04 am

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the jacket in the very first photograph!! And that chemist vase! Ah!! <3

• Reply Joy Tuesday 24 September, 2013 at 4:53 am

Absolutely digging your taste in things.

• Reply Romy Alfino Tuesday 24 September, 2013 at 9:31 am

like it all ( as per youshzz) and love steve martin. all the best for the wedding etc etc etc and happy belated birthday. welcome to the dirty 30’s.

• Reply mrs Tuesday 24 September, 2013 at 1:07 pm

being a mrs is awesome ! going on 14 years now…

• Reply Lael Tuesday 24 September, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Congrats and enjoy this time!!! I’ve been reading your blog for years but never Comment. So I wish you the best of luck on your marriage and happy birthday too! When I got married last summer I used your blog to help me plan my hair and decorations and such. Thanks!
    Lael

• Reply Chuck Tuesday 24 September, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day. (<3 Charlie May).

• Reply Sally Tuesday 24 September, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Oh my, there is so much gorgeousness in this post! Love those two houses, and the gather & garnish branding is super beautiful.
    Happy birthday for yesterday, hope you had a great day!

• Reply patty Wednesday 25 September, 2013 at 1:22 am

Happy Birthday, belated. Good Luck & Congrats! Looking forward to the wedding pics!!!