001
Design

No. Six Depot

i will not hesitate to say that i judge my choice of coffee places pretty harshly by their cover – in other words, if i don’t know anything about them or their coffee (or tea, or food, or whatever) then i will make my decision to go there, or not, based solely on their design aesthetic. to me a beautiful representation of your space, product and just general vibe totally mirrors the quality of what you’re providing.

that said, i would pay a visit to No. Six Depot in a nano-second-heartbeat if i ever found myself in West Stockbridge, Massachusetts. their beautiful corporate identity design was done by Nashville based Perky Bros, whose clever wrapping paper slash backgammon board design put a huge smile on my face.

No. Six Depot is a family owned, small-batch coffee roaster and café nested in the beautiful Berkshires. Located in a historic train station on 6 Depot St, they serve teas, salts and coffee from small farms and roast on location. Their identity juxtaposes a mix of unique rural and modern elements — drawing inspiration from their own backyard railroad and unique approach to keeping it simple and making it true.

Photography: Jennifer May

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply maggie Wednesday 30 October, 2013 at 6:46 pm

The design is fabulous!

• Reply Valerie Chen Wednesday 30 October, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Wow, the detail in their design is incredible. Great find!

xo, Lily on Fillmore

• Reply Angel Y. Wednesday 30 October, 2013 at 6:59 pm

This has definitely been one of my favorite branding projects this month. Everything is so well done.

• Reply Kasey Wednesday 30 October, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I absolutely love these designs! Thanks for sharing :)

• Reply Barbara Saturday 2 November, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Loving the design!

• Reply Simone Thursday 7 November, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Very pretty!!

• Reply sara Monday 9 December, 2013 at 12:42 am

No. 6 Depot is in my backyard :) I love that you are writing about our little town, and their building was once the train station many years ago. They def. have a great aesthetic, and the coffee is wonderfully strong too!

• Reply Jenna Wednesday 24 December, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I lusted over this branding/packaging and then visited the coffee shop/restaurant last summer without realizing what it was. When I pulled up and saw their sign, I got so excited! The place is incredible. The food and coffee are amazing and the packaging looks amazing in person. I highly recommend a trip to this place (as well as the Berkshires!).