Kei

thought i’d share some photos of our current holiday at Kei, Anton’s family’s holiday home where we got engaged this time last year. Kei Mouth is a small town on the banks of the Kei River, which used to be the border of the old Transkei. this area of the Eastern Cape, known as the Wild Coast, is the traditional home of the Xhosa people. it is beautiful, rugged, wild and tropical. yesterday we took the ferry across the river, drove up the hills past herds of Nguni and 4×4′d our way to The Gates at the Qolora river. it reminded me, once again, how much there is to see on our own doorstep. i think a perfect new year’s / life resolution would be to explore more of South Africa.

all photos shot on iPhone, edited with VSCO / Afterlight. more on my Instagram.

Miss Moss // Kei

Kei beach

Miss Moss // KeiMiss Moss // KeiMiss Moss // KeiMiss Moss // KeiMiss Moss // KeiMiss Moss // Kei

Nguni cattle

Miss Moss // Kei

The Gates at the Qolora River

Miss Moss // Kei Miss Moss // Kei

Tropical Heat at the old-school Seagulls Resort

Miss Moss // Kei

ferry ride across the Kei River

Miss Moss // Kei
Miss Moss // Kei

sunsets at Kei

, , , , , , ,

17 Responses to Kei

1. Heather Moore Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 10:37 am #

Glorious pics! Thanks for the reminder of the treasures we have in our own beautiful land. Happy 2014 to you and yours. xx

2. Lorna Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 10:54 am #

Beautiful photographs! x

3. girl in oslo Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 11:05 am #

Lovely post :)

4. jessica rose Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 1:37 pm #

Fabulous photo’s, thank you for sharing with us. x

5. Bianca Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 2:36 pm #

I loved looking at these photos. South Africa has some magical landscapes.

6. Joke Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 3:43 pm #

What a beautiful part of the country. Would love to visit that area one day, my kinda place.

7. Tshepo Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 3:54 pm #

Gorgeous! I was born in this part of the world, so it makes me wonderfully nostalgic.

8. Claudz Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

Lovely photos!! I have only been as far as Morgan Bay – must see more

9. Nancy Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 4:26 pm #

Those are such pretty cows…I didn’t use to like cows but their eyelashes are surprisingly long and they look really cute haha

10. kelsey Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

how beautiful!

11. Quyen Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 7:16 pm #

I love the effect VSCO has on your photos. Makes it so romantic!

12. maggie Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 9:47 pm #

These photos are absolutely lovely – I need to visit South Africa!!!

13. Teffy Wednesday 8 January, 2014 at 11:46 pm #

Such beautiful photos! Makes me crave a beach holiday so badly.
    London has not stopped raining, in need some sun!

14. florence Thursday 9 January, 2014 at 8:50 pm #

stunning photos! i want to go to there … right now. it is frrrreeezzzzing here in nyc.

15. Miranda Friday 10 January, 2014 at 6:10 am #

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I spent Christmas at Kei River Mouth when I lived in SA as an exchange student in 1996! I wonder how much it’s changed.

16. Kerri Friday 10 January, 2014 at 9:09 am #

These are lovely pics. Could have just as easily been photos you shared of an artist you admired, on your blog. Great shots.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Influential Afro Bloggers Highlight Africa's Talents - Paint + Pattern - Thursday 27 February, 2014

[…] Miss Moss, written by graphic designer Diana Moss, has been named one of the 20 best interior blogs by the UK-based Telegraph. Diana is based in Cape Town and covers versatile topics for her blog, including Fashion & Style, Vintage Finds and Living & Décor inspiration. She likes “sharing rad things that are nice to look at”. She covers global design as well as those found locally in Africa, focusing on the more modern and contemporary stylings the country has to offer. As a bonus, she writes about her local trips as well, such as her incredible one to the bush and also to Kei. […]