Miso
Art

Miso

Stanislava Pinchuk aka Miso is a Ukrainian born artist based in Melbourne whose prolific body of work includes paper art, illustration and tattooing (amongst others). i’m one of those people who has never considered a tattoo (i suppose if i were to get one i would have one by now, you know?) but her delicate, simple & imperfect home-made tattoos are so beautiful to me. she even published a guide to home-made tattooing. other notable works include commissions for Chanel and a paper-cut series called Tokyo From Memory.

Miso began making work firstly as a street artist, but has since come to work mainly as an exhibiting artist, working with paper and installation. Her practice also spans illustration, tattooing, photography, textile & graphic design. Her works are often ephemeral, and play with ideas of place & memory, particularly of cities – a left over from a long time making street works to decay. *

you can see all of Miso’s work at her website & tumblr.

Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso Miso

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Fernand et Firmin Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 10:24 am

As far as I enjoy seeing tattoos on other people I never dared to get one. Too much of a commitment. But those delicate flowers and branches are really really nice …

• Reply Hannelore Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 11:27 am

Wow, those are among the most beautiful tattoos I’ve seen. I would like to get one, someday. But as long as I cannot make up my mind on what I want it’s not going to happen.

• Reply ART AND COFFEE Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 11:49 am

BEAUTIFUL

• Reply girl in oslo Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Wonderful post :)

• Reply Chelsea Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 2:54 pm

I love Miso’s home-made tattoos, I’d never considered getting one either until I saw hers, they’re so pretty and delicate. I love how you’ve arranged her work in your post by the way, it looks beautiful.

• Reply Camille Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 5:52 pm

If I were to get a second tattoo, I’d get something exactly like those delicate constellations. I’ve been thinking about getting just that, a very delicate, very subtle, version of my astrological constellation, but never found images illustrating exactly what I had in mind until now, thank you!

• Reply Kasey Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 6:12 pm

These are absolutely gorgeous! I love how delicate and beautiful her work is. I’d never thought about a tattoo either but if I think I would now if I were to get a design by Miso! Thanks for sharing this artist’s work :)

• Reply amanda Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 7:47 pm

oh wow, her work (in every medium!) is stunning.

• Reply Angela Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Those tattoos are so delicate. I love the femininity of all of her work, it’s so soft and quiet.

• Reply maggie Thursday 23 January, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Holy cow those tattoos are stunning.

• Reply Erika Friday 24 January, 2014 at 1:45 am

her work has such a delicately beautiful quality, i love it.

• Reply Rebecca Friday 24 January, 2014 at 12:03 pm

These are such beautiful delicate tattoos! I’m more of a fake-tattoo kind of girl, but if I weren’t…
    And that last apartment shot just made me drool. Those windows! That light!
    Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Anna Friday 24 January, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I met miso when she was just a teenager when visiting Melbourne as part of a street art collective, 10 years ago. been following her work from a far since, and love what it’s turned into.

• Reply KIRARIK Friday 24 January, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Wow, I love everything! I really admire that patience…

• Reply Alba Benítez Saturday 25 January, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Love the tattoos, I wouldn’t mind to get one from her!

Alba