Pictoresq

Stéphanie Delpon and Domitille Dallemagne are founders of Pictoresq, a french online magazine slash shop that sells designer and vintage clothing – all modeled by their own friends. each story features clothes & locations that are modeled around these “enfants terribles”, making for a nice variety of content and fashion. says Stéphanie,

I wanted to showcase my friends, because they are true characters. I wanted them to embody different stories. They are real and elegant, rough. I love the fact that they are not professionals. They sometimes come hangover, without makeup, and lough during the shoot. I love all my enfants terribles! The enfants terribles are non professional models. They have a natural elegance and a certain “je ne sais quoi”. They are not used to shootings, and yet they act as if they did it all their life.

the site is currently only in French (hello Google translate), but they are working on an English version.

Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss Pictoresq // Miss Moss

, , , , ,

20 Responses to Pictoresq

1. Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today Tuesday 28 January, 2014 at 4:31 pm #

Super!

2. Valerie C Tuesday 28 January, 2014 at 6:51 pm #

ah, there’s something about french women and their way of dress that is so effortless and of course, gorgeous. lovely!

xx, valerie | http://www.lilyonfillmore.com

3. maggie Tuesday 28 January, 2014 at 7:18 pm #

Um, all of their friends look amazing on film! What a cool, cool idea.

4. Soraia Martins Tuesday 28 January, 2014 at 11:28 pm #

Oh, wow! This is so ME. Love it.

5. Ines B. Wednesday 29 January, 2014 at 12:24 am #

Well it might be because i’m parisian but i have to say, this is actually the most normal thing i’ve ever seen in my life. SO plain and bo-ring. (i’m always amazed by Miss Moss this is why i’m disappointed)

• Miss Moss Wednesday 29 January, 2014 at 10:23 am #

sorry you feel that way, Ines. the point of the blog has always been to share things that i like with people, but that doesn’t mean everyone is going to like everything. and, i like this. also, i’m not Parisian – so it’s not boring to me.

6. Katherine Wednesday 29 January, 2014 at 1:06 am #

PERFECT. Love the Euro vintage!

7. Nancy Wednesday 29 January, 2014 at 2:02 am #

I love how they each have their own story. The pictures are really interesting

8. Anna Wednesday 29 January, 2014 at 3:50 am #

Love pictures !

9. Marta Thursday 30 January, 2014 at 1:38 am #

Thank you for showed us this iniciative! I love their projects, and I don’t think that they are boring, they are natural.
    I’m very surprised because this days you don’t expect to found people who act like themselves

10. Diana Thursday 30 January, 2014 at 5:49 pm #

Come on guys, all your friends look like this ? and all parisians all look good liek that? ive been there…and its so not the reality. it is not ugly but except selling clothes to old rich parisians i dont see the point of this website trying to fart harder than it actually is.

• Miss Moss Thursday 30 January, 2014 at 5:53 pm #

don’t really get the hate for this, but okay.

11. KATE Thursday 30 January, 2014 at 10:59 pm #

Indeed Diana, calm down, I think the point is to create something beautiful, and I must say they are pretty good at it! Of course they look amazing but not as models you can usually see on magazines. They are tall or petite, not necessarily a size S and they all have some kind of special touch and yes some of this elegance that seems quite French to me.

12. Mun Friday 31 January, 2014 at 7:23 am #

French women, ugh, why are they just so effortlessly chic?

13. Malta Notebook Friday 31 January, 2014 at 8:55 pm #

My darling friend is a talented fashion designer in Malta is doing the same thing for her upcoming show — friends instead of models (and somehow I’ve been wrangled into the mix — yikes!) . In other news, this post made the cut for the January Review at http://www.Malta-Notebook.com/pages/january-review. Xo

14. Ines B. Saturday 1 February, 2014 at 12:43 am #

I’m sorry i had a bad day and posted this dumb comment… It’s just that i feel that parisians always tend to do the same thing. It gets old to me (i’m in the design field so i see tons of things like that all the time), and this city is a lot more different (and more interesting!) (and more authentic!) than that. I just wanted to give my very personal opinion about it but it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t like it.

• Miss Moss Saturday 1 February, 2014 at 6:44 am #

i understand. the same thing can be said for Cape Town, too. please share the different / interesting / authentic stuff!

15. Ines B. Sunday 2 February, 2014 at 12:30 pm #

Well there are a few designers i know and like:
    first of all Yves Dagorne, who’s a fashion student and creates beautiful pictures about “another reality”: http://creabook.com/users/yves-dagorne
    Also, this tumblr introduces some work made by the talented students in graphic design & fashion design of the Ecole d’Arts Appliqués Duperré: http://atelierdimagesduperre.tumblr.com/
    The fashion collections created by my dear friend Anthony Alexis Ravut, aka AAR: http://aardesign.tumblr.com/
    And last but not least, one of our most talented illustrators, Vincent Broquaire: http://www.vincentbroquaire.com/

It’s all i can think of for now but i’ll be happy to share more in the future!
    Thanks for your blog!

16. Marike Monday 10 February, 2014 at 11:37 am #

Wow, al these pictures are telling a different story.
    So beautiful!

Kind regards,

Marike

17. Marike Monday 10 February, 2014 at 11:39 am #

I like the pictures from the woman and the lion because they have something in common.

Kind regards,