These Things No.58

it’s been quiet around here since the weekend, reason being i threw my back out on saturday and have been lying horizontal ever since. it’s not easy blogging from this position. it’s actually not easy doing anything besides sleeping and watching tv (you ARE watching True Detective aren’t you?) besides bed rest, and the occasional hobbled walk around the apartment, i have also been doing some catch up internet browsing on my iPad. so here’s a These Things! normal posting to resume soon.

photographer Laurence Aëgerter appropriates & revitalises iconic paintings:

Traveling Forms, a new jewellery collection by Debbie Carlos:

interesting “balloon” sculptures by Gemma Tickle. photo by Catherine Losing:

aerial fashion + landscapes by photographer Joseph Ford:

lady planters by The Sill:

These Things No.58

illustrator Anna Kovecses made 10 portraits of pop culture love icons for Milk Magazine:

The Row FW14 x Balthus by Aoife Leonard:

exquisite work by artist Annie Lapin:

love this Cape Town street style shot by Jillionaire:

a favourite new tumblr, Black History Album:

Paul and Linda in 1971:

and, still following National Geographic Found religiously:

These Things No.58

A wealthy group of young people relax by a pool in California, 1940. Photograph by J. Baylor Roberts

11 Responses to These Things No.58

1. maggie Tuesday 18 February, 2014 at 8:12 pm #

Oh my gosh, I am loving those lady planters. Hope your back feels better soon! Keep resting!

2. Arden Tuesday 18 February, 2014 at 9:15 pm #

Soooooo gooooooood

3. rose Tuesday 18 February, 2014 at 11:17 pm #

fvf photos in barcelona are of a showroom and studio, not a home

• Miss Moss Tuesday 18 February, 2014 at 11:39 pm #

my apologies. must be these painkillers I’m on.

4. chloe Wednesday 19 February, 2014 at 2:57 am #

LOVE all of these! The aerial fashion photos have stolen my heart ;)
    xox
    chloe

5. patty Wednesday 19 February, 2014 at 3:52 am #

Hope you’re well soon! nice post!

6. Mary Wednesday 19 February, 2014 at 7:08 am #

OH my! This post is like a feast!!

7. Melinda DiOrio Wednesday 19 February, 2014 at 8:25 pm #

Oh wow, there’s so much eye-candy in this post! I love those tortoiseshell tumblers!

8. amy v Thursday 20 February, 2014 at 6:40 am #

I loved the beautiful FvF Carolina Iriarte feature. And yes can we please talk about True Detective? For someone who was never a McConaghey fan he sure has me a little hot under the collar with this show (and also possibly due to his fun performance in Wolf of Wall Street). So, not a comment on the quality or craftmanship of the series but just a perv on McConaghey, really.

9. Ines B. Thursday 20 February, 2014 at 11:07 pm #

The first pictures make me think a lot about a photo taken by Martin Parr: http://www.art-days.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Martin-Parr-Abstract-painting-with-abstract-shirt-United-Arab-Emirates-Dubai-DIFC-Gulf-Art-Fair-2007-c-Martin-Parr-small.jpg
    but the amazing thing about it is that the guy wasn’t wearing that shirt on purpose.
    The lady planters are awesome!

10. ART AND COFFEE Tuesday 25 February, 2014 at 11:50 am #

I’m in love with those lady planters.