HI-FIVE!

hey, it’s a music mix! but not the way you know it.

these days i pretty much find 99% of new music on Soundcloud. i LOOOOOOOOOOVE Soundcloud. i use SongZa a fair bit too (the app not the site), but because of its impermanence – you can’t like a song and save it for later – it’s usually just background fodder. and, before you ask me, no we can’t use Pandora or Spotify here! Rdio… i haven’t gotten into that yet. anyway, Soundcloud is cool. i like that i am listening to music released directly by the artist.

so you can listen to my mix over there, or just stream it below. there are 18 tracks! all stuff i have been loving lately. oh, apart from the new Beck album which is currently on repeat.

if there is any particular song that catches your fancy just click through to find out how to buy it.

19 Responses to HI-FIVE!

1. Lauren Thursday 27 February, 2014 at 4:26 pm #

I am SO SO SO excited! Thank you so much! Also, you’re right – the new Beck album is phenomenal!

2. maggie Thursday 27 February, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

Mmmmm, loving Angel Olsen right now! This is a lovely playlist…can’t wait until South Africa gets Spotify so I can follow you on there as well!

3. Michelle Thursday 27 February, 2014 at 7:47 pm #

YAY! Thanks for the playlist. I’m sitting at work and just finished my 10th round of the new Beck album because its AWESOME, but needed something different. That and I love Mr. Little Jeans. I use Rdio for most of my music, haven’t really tried Sound Cloud out yet. Try this song by Sylvan Esso, which I believe is also on SC: Coffee.

4. Joy Thursday 27 February, 2014 at 9:59 pm #

love all your taste in music. i was listening to some of the old mixes in the older day, so this came in good timing!

5. fawn Friday 28 February, 2014 at 2:09 am #

Your finest playlist so far?

6. Samantha Friday 28 February, 2014 at 5:32 am #

This is getting me through work. Thank you

7. Rozi Friday 28 February, 2014 at 7:56 am #

Another Beck lover here, cheers! Anyway I just want to ask you, where and how did you created the fun picture connecting to Spotify? It is so cool! :)

• Miss Moss Friday 28 February, 2014 at 8:21 am #

the pic is from Life magazine & on Soundcloud you can upload your own pic as an album cover for your compilations.

8. Rozi Friday 28 February, 2014 at 7:59 am #

i meant Soundcloud, of course ;)

9. Maria Friday 28 February, 2014 at 4:18 pm #

This playlist is great, and perfect timing too as my ears have been in desperate need of some new music!

10. charlotte | the vintage vogue Friday 28 February, 2014 at 6:20 pm #

everything about your blog is perfection. this is just what i needed to get through a very awesome mound of work

11. casey Saturday 1 March, 2014 at 5:24 am #

YES! and then !!!!!! Thank you.

12. bettina Monday 3 March, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

in case you do feel like using pandora some time, this is an add-on for firefox that will allow you to ;)

13. swood Tuesday 4 March, 2014 at 10:01 am #

So excited! I love your mixes! I’ve missed them these past few months. Not sure if it is international-friendly, but there’s another site called 8tracks that might be worth checking out. Lots of good music discovery there!

14. Meagan A Wednesday 5 March, 2014 at 1:04 am #

Oh yay! Just when I needed more music. You’ve actually inspired me to create ‘mixtapes’ on my own blog. It’s such a great way to share music. Many of your mixes have actually made their way into the restaurant in Toronto where I used to work. Thanks for sharing! You have such good taste :)

15. Missay Saturday 8 March, 2014 at 5:51 am #

Is there any way to download this album? I love it!

16. Molly Friday 14 March, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

I just found (and love) your blog and just made (and love) a soundcloud account!

17. Pitita Friday 30 May, 2014 at 8:07 pm #

i wouldn’t be mad if there was a new music mix coming :-)