California Dreaming

the latest issue of Kinfolk is dedicated to Home, and it is my favourite issue so far without a doubt. when it arrived i asked people on Instagram where they call home, and it’s amazing to see where all my readers are from – thank you!

one of my favourite stories was this feature on California couple Hannah Henderson, John Moore and their kids who live in a 1975 Venice Beach house, a short walk from the ocean and their shop General Store (see pics of their rad shop at Refinery29).

It’s very much a California boy and desert girl home. John is very connected to the ocean, and I’m influenced by my mom, who is a midwife in Arizona. She always had a great respect for everything natural like plants, sun and fabrics. You can see that in our house.

images & words courtesy of Kinfolk, buy the latest issue here. photos by We Are The Rhoads.

Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads. Kinfolk: California Dreaming. photography by We Are The Rhoads.

, , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to California Dreaming

1. Fernand et Firmin Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 10:52 am #

Funny, I just posted about this similar article. I guess it is just a dreamy vision of family life that touched many of us.

2. agnes szucs / iiiinspired Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 11:21 am #

i loved this, too!
    beautiful family.

xoxo,
    agnes

3. maya Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 12:45 pm #

I love this house!

4. Keri Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 1:39 pm #

Beautiful. I’m making my husband grow his beard.

5. Vicky Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 2:16 pm #

I love Kinfolk, I love this post!
    xo

6. Cecile Blake Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

Beautiful people, beautiful house! I would love to know what that wooden brick lego type toy is in the last pic!

7. Arden Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 2:59 pm #

oh man wow! this is incredible! i’m going to buy the new issue today..

8. maggie Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 6:38 pm #

I live in Los Angeles and this is my dream – I am seriously putting all of these on a vision board – so incredibly beautiful and happy.

9. Katherine Wednesday 19 March, 2014 at 7:16 pm #

Oh, the boho feel and the plants!!

10. jensen Thursday 20 March, 2014 at 6:27 am #

The General Store in SF is one of my favorites — so happy to get a sneak peek into their lives!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 加州之梦 ( California Dreaming ),最新一期KINFOLK杂志家居主题抢先预览 « 宅内网宅内网 - Monday 24 March, 2014

[…] 配图&文字拜Kinfolk官网所赐,购买最新一期英文Kinfolk 在这儿(国内中文版Kinfolk也首次发行,点此购买),照片出自via We Are The Rhoads,本文由宅内网悟空(私人微信id:Jaytai)翻译自via […]

2. Musings #5 | bean + nash - Tuesday 25 March, 2014

[…] This piece in the latest issue of Kinfolk. What a cool couple, space, and life they live. Makes me want to move to California tomorrow. […]

3. Notable No. 42 | thevedahouse - Tuesday 25 March, 2014

[…] This entire photoshoot for Kinfolk 7. Love the rustic touches 8. Beautifully dyed pillow 9. This photo gets me excited […]