Hirashima
Living

Hirashima

we are thinking about a house. i mean, just starting the process… in our minds. i know it can take months or years for anything to come to fruition – and i always try to be pragmatic about these things and not get TOO excited (don’t go breakin’ my heart!) but everything inside me wants a little house somewhere. just a little garden and space for a dog and… other things that crawl around. i suppose that is the dream of anyone who grew up in the suburbs, and transplanted their adult life to a city – where space is limited and comes at a price. but sometimes i also think, well, we could live in an apartment forever.

and if we did, we’d just have to be clever about space. i thought about how possible it was when i saw this furniture by Japanese company Hirashima. if there are any people in the world who are very clever about space, and design, and minimalism – it’s the Japanese.

Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima Hirashima

Previous Post Next Post

• Reply Aubry Stewart Monday 24 March, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I saw the first picture and thought, “Oh, cool looking couch,” and then I saw the second picture and my jaw dropped. Thanks for sharing!

Aubry

• Reply Cuero&Mør Monday 24 March, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Wow amazing!! We are designing a new furniture for our house and know what? It´s so similar the idea we were drawing with this brand designs!! I really like it, thanks for introduce it!!

Our recipe for this week is an exotic version of a traditional plate!! Hope you like it

• Reply jensen Monday 24 March, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Ah, I love the desk/working spaces attached to the backs of the couch and bed. Such a great idea for small spaces. And the details on all of these pieces are absolutely stunning!

• Reply V. Monday 24 March, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I actually love to live in apartments, and the creativity required to make small spaces work. Furniture such as these would never come to be if people didn’t have to deal with small spaces. I love the multi-tasking properties of these.

• Reply Abby Monday 24 March, 2014 at 10:23 pm

These are such amazing pieces! I wish I had the discipline for a minimalistic look but I tend to be a clutterer.

• Reply Agnes Monday 24 March, 2014 at 11:04 pm

I love it!!

• Reply Traci Monday 24 March, 2014 at 11:12 pm

These are so clever, why aren’t more pieces of furniture multi-functional? My favorite is the stand-alone table, though. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply chloe Tuesday 25 March, 2014 at 12:16 am

what an awesome collection of furniture! some of the pieces are just so creative!
    xox
    chloe

• Reply casey Tuesday 25 March, 2014 at 4:53 am

smoking

• Reply Christina Tuesday 25 March, 2014 at 9:56 am

That is genius!

• Reply Andi Tuesday 25 March, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Love it! We too are starting the process as well…

• Reply Vicky Tuesday 25 March, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Diana! amazing furniture, creative and functional!

• Reply Elizabeth Tuesday 25 March, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Thank you for sharing Miss Moss! Beautiful & well designed furniture.

• Reply Joyce Tuesday 25 March, 2014 at 6:24 pm

omg i want everything inside in my future home!!!!

• Reply Hannah Thursday 27 March, 2014 at 11:20 am

As a tiny space dweller, this is extremely relevant to my interests! So great.

• Reply Heidi Thursday 27 March, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Yea the Japanese are always so smart about using small space! and these furniture pieces are amazing :)