Birkenstock

soooooooo… Birkenstock, huh? as soon as the topic is raised someone will pipe up, “but i’ve been wearing them forever!” – and, it’s true. any reasonable person will tell you how comfortable they are. i practically lived in mine when i was a teen. my German sister in laws have been wearing them for decades. so it’s kinda cool to see them so de rigueur right now. i particularly love the Monterey black on black version (which, it turns out, are pretty hard to find!) and the white Arizona. not bad for a shoe brand that’s 240 years old.

you can buy them online at asos, net-a-porter, zappos and tons of other places!

Miss Moss // Birkenstock

image credits: A Portable Package // Stop It Right Now // LA Cool & Chic // The Sartorialist // afterDRK // Fashion Me Now // Style Limelight //  Modern Legacy // Arty Girls

, , , , , ,

8 Responses to Birkenstock

1. maggie Monday 14 April, 2014 at 7:41 pm #

My sister has birkenstocks and I always want to steal them from her because they are so damn comfy. Guess I need to get my own pair.

2. Shini Monday 14 April, 2014 at 8:12 pm #

I think they only kinnnda work with long legs and certain type of style – although I can already see these coming back into stores as the biggest trend ever and sooner or later they’ll end up with horrible boot-cut jeans again… I’m torn though, they look great on the right people!

3. she Monday 14 April, 2014 at 10:48 pm #

those white pair are stunning.

4. claire Tuesday 15 April, 2014 at 1:48 am #

i actually bought my arizona whites right before the trend of the them started bc they were the cheapest ones i could find, $40 new! but the la cool & chic one is actually by tommy ton for style.com

• Miss Moss Tuesday 15 April, 2014 at 8:03 am #

thanks! i desperately tried to find the original source, but to no avail.

5. jillian Friday 25 April, 2014 at 2:59 pm #

i saw a TON of birkenstocks when i was in Italy last fall… i cant believe they are back in style! but i really do love some of these photos. MIGHT just have to get on the other side of that birkenstock line. xo jillian – cornflake dreams

6. Lauren Friday 25 April, 2014 at 7:11 pm #

I used to work at a Birkenstock boutique and am thrilled to see their gaining popularity! They seem to be on trend every few years or so, but have been a staple in the lives of so many people worldwide for decades. Their functionality, foot care and full body benefits can’t be beat! Kristin is one of the nicest shop owners, and people, I’ve ever met – visit her shop if you’re looking for any info about Birks or a pair for yourself! http://www.completebirkenstock.com

Trackbacks/Pingbacks