things i like right now by matthew of cmyplay Mattson Creative’s Lost Season 6 Posters – Ty Mattson runs Mattson Creative, a California-based agency that has worked for a number of impressive clients. His signature illustrative style communicates complex ideas in a simple, idiosyncratic and often charming manner. I really enjoy the recent series of illustrations […]READ MORE
i’m so behind on my paris posts. you’re probably thinking, “paris. *rolls eyes* seriously? you’re still talking about this? weren’t you there over a year ago…” it sure feels like it guys. more of paris at my flickrREAD MORE
things i like right now by mallix Weekend hiking – we use Mike Lundy’s book: “Best Walks in the Cape Peninsula” (Random House Struik) and do all his hikes every year My dogs. Don’t trust people who don’t like animals, believe me. They’re also a great source of outside The Obs Spar Bakery – fresh […]READ MORE
- 1 Million by Paco Rabanne – It’s the best.
- Fish Eye – I love this camera, it’s something I raise a toast to.
- The Gold watch – for the brave. It’s bling, but not 50-cent. It makes a strong statement and it’s making finally making a comeback after years of sitting on the bench. Get one. Or steal your father’s.
- Persol Eyewear, Sun collection - I want them all. Can’t wait for summer…
- Designer Track Pants – bring it.
- Steph Weiss – Delicate, smooth and creamy. Liquid velvet. This has been my number 1 beer for a while now. Think creamy vanilla.
- Plaid Tie – I need one. Not sure why, but I need one. Just a gut feeling.
- Weber Q300 – It’s the push button ignition, the stainless steel burners and the 100 square cm cooking area that seals it for me.
- Eternal Pursuit – A book published by Ogilvy & Mather about David Ogilvy’s philosophy applied to today’s advertising agency. Focuses on the 8 Habits of Highly Creative Communities. Published internally at Ogilvy & Mather and distributed internally. Unavailable elsewhere. It’s my golden pocketbook. Kinda like my advertising mini-bible. As you can see it is well-read.
- YUM YUM Characters – Toy designs have boomed over last few years and I haven’t seen a better crafted collection than this. I WANT them. I love their subtle character nuances. The video is damn funny too.
- Hipstamatic – I love this iPhone app right now. It’s vintage and it makes almost anything look stylish. It’s like having a designer in my pocket
- The Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2010 – This will be my next car. Not only am I currently driving one, but I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember.
- Fleet Foxes – I am in love with this band. The “drunken Texas sun” shines on my every time I listen to them. It’s winter music, warms the heart. Top songs: Oliver James, White Winter Hymnal & Ragged Wood.
if you’re in the cape town area code make sure to pop into field office, a new coffee shop / design museum / art gallery/ your office away from your office / your boardroom away from your boardroom. the brain child of designers pedersen + lennard, the space caters for people looking for a place to be inspired, have some good eats (gourmet sarmies & cakes) and drink some great coffee. you can find them on barrack street (beteween buitenkant & harrington) … also follow them on twitter and on facebook. all photographs belong to field office.
- Lavenham Denston Brown Jacket – These British made jackets are made in a tiny village in Suffolk called Lavenham. Initially intended for the equestrian world, they have amassed a huge following in recent years. Their jackets are beautifully made and now come in a range of fashion led colours and finishes.
- Pomadour Hair – When I look at James Dean I have serious hair envy
- Ray Ban Wayfarer 5184’s Dark Havana Glasses
- Diesel watch DZ1506 – I was given this watch as a 21st birthday present from my wife. It is one of my fondest processions.
- Citroen DS Pallas – is simply the most beautiful car in the world. Roland Barthes famously commented it looked ‘as if it had fallen from the sky.’
- Hunter Argyle Wellington Boots – These boots are built to last. I keep an emergency pair in the boot of my car.
- Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne – To me fragrances are so emotive…it reminds me of my grandfathers shaving soap and old leather bound books. It’s made by London barber and perfumer Geo F Trumper
- My iPhone. I often get dirty look from wife and accusations that I love my iPhone more than her. The truth is I run my whole business with the help of my iPhone. It’s got me out of a few pickles and I’d simply be lost without it.
- Jean Prouvé - he worked as a designer, craftsman, manufacturer, architect, teacher and engineer. He was a true multi-disciplined artists and creator. His Compass table is truly iconic.
- My wife… Laura Sparrow. I’d be lost without her. This is a portrait I gave Laura when we got married, it’s by American artist Brooke Olivares
- British Seaside – Beach huts, fish and chips and a bracing wind…you can’t beat the British seaside
book of lists by mia nolting.READ MORE
- Enjolife farm – In middle of the Cederberg mountains with nothing to do, and no cell phone coverage. Perfection.
- Homemade In-N-Out’s Double-Double – I’ve made this a few times now at home and its as good as it looks.
- Eames Hang-It-All Limited Edition – Should go pretty well with our Coricraft couches…
- White Collar Boxing – Amped to go to the next fight night on Nov 26th (via Guy With Camera)
- Made by Joel – Please don’t let my kids see this site. They may want to trade me in for Joel.
- Ella & Louis - I heard The Nearness Of You on the radio last week, and had to buy the album.
- Growing Vegetables Upside Down looks like fun, and great if you have a small garden like we do.
- Elijah – This list wouldn’t be complete without the new edition to our family – Elijah.
- Bakoven Beach – Perfect little beach. The fact that there is only parking for 4 cars and the beach is submerged at high tide keeps the crowds away.
- FinePix X100 – Poor man’s M9?
this picture (left) from asos. every time i look at it i think “don’t go, winter! don’t gooooo!” they also have a great online magazine, did you know that? now you do. and ad campaigns, shot by the selby. sigh.
this outfit from totokaelo (aaaaaah)
these pictures of holidaying in croatia. balls.
this fox. mid sneeze or mid giggle? we’ll never know.
this picture, so much
this place. holy shit, right?
this toasted cheese sarmie. get in me belly.
this flipping mulberry bag. flip. flip!
i can get by in a foreign city on very little – and paris is no exception. i’m talking food, here. give me a baguette and some cheese and i’m pretty much good to go the entire day. actually, give me bread and cheese just in general and i’m good to go – forever. the […]READ MORE