things i like right now by jessica of destined to design
- Hiking Fern Dell at Griffith Park & brunching at The Trails…the ideal Sunday afternoon.
- Richard Neutra’s architecture. Lately I’ve been re-discovering and lusting over all of his work.
- Essie’s Mucho Dinero nailpolish. Alas, I’ve discovered the perfect neutral.
- A.R. Trapp Quadra sunglasses.
- Laura Lombardi’s jewelry – without a doubt my favorite designer currently.
- Delorean‘s Subiza album. I like to run in the mornings and this is the ultimate soundtrack.
- Denim button-up’s. I’ve just recently found one at H&M and haven’t taken it off since.
- Braids – I’m determined to grow my hair out and make this look work for fall.
- The interiors at Bottega Louie in Downtown Los Angeles. Simply stunning.
- The backpack as a purse replacement. Totally utilitarian, but also kind of stylish.
- The Container Store’s letter boxes in orange for my office. From afar, they look like Hermès. ;)
- My Teux Deux list – it keeps me endlessly organized.
- Hear Black – their photography, their Etsy shop, their taste in music. And Nathan & Katie are just so darn cute.
- Carey Mulligan – I adore pretty much everything about her.
- Salted caramel desserts, my new vice.
i actually have a guest post at jessica’s blog today about my fall favourites, read it here.
these photos by jessica todd harper.
this garden makes me so jealous.
her pants and her braid
this bag at santokivintage (it was sold when i checked again, darnit!)
these boots from topsy design
this outfit at totokaelo
and finally, janine from being brazen kindly asked me to share my bucket list (click to read the notes)
things i like right now by katherine of anything goes
- Picnics. There’s not much to compare to the simple pleasure of a baguette, cheese and a bottle of wine – particularly when enjoyed on the banks of the Seine.
- Stripes. Print by Valerie Galloway.
- Shoes by United Nude. I still haven’t got myself a pair of these yet, but the lo res design are my recent favourites. United Nude is the footwear brand co-founded by architect Rem D. Koolhaas.
- Babies. Perhaps because my sister just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I’m not usually that maternal – so I’m expecting this phase to pass :)
- Street art spotted while wandering.
- Fresh flowers. Especially when bought at a local market.
- Caramel au beurre salé glaces. (Salted butter caramel ice cream) I first tasted this in Paris and recently made my own batch from this recipe.
- Guerlain perfume. Specifically, Mitsouko, created in 1919. Guerlain is one of the oldest perfume houses in the world. In fact, I’m a little scent obsessed … look out for a post on that soon…
- I have to admit I’m a fan of the the rom-com genre. Intellectual it’s not, but sometimes a girl just needs a good laugh and a little romance from a movie. L’Arnacoeur (The Heartbreaker) make me laugh out loud – watch it, if only for the dance scenes! *disclaimer – I may have been seriously affected by jet lag when judging this movie.
- Spotify. Sadly, not available in SA yet.
- Geeky specs. Just because.
- And finally, Pedicures. Nothing like a little pampering. It’s time to pack away the boots and put on sandals.
i’m not sure what’s going on here, but i like it. visit the something’s hiding in here blog.
i wanted to take that statue home with me. more paris here. more black and white here.
things i like right now by matthew of cmyplay Mattson Creative’s Lost Season 6 Posters – Ty Mattson runs Mattson Creative, a California-based agency that has worked for a number of impressive clients. His signature illustrative style communicates complex ideas in a simple, idiosyncratic and often charming manner. I really enjoy the recent series of illustrations […]
i’m so behind on my paris posts. you’re probably thinking, “paris. *rolls eyes* seriously? you’re still talking about this? weren’t you there over a year ago…” it sure feels like it guys. more of paris at my flickr
things i like right now by mallix Weekend hiking – we use Mike Lundy’s book: “Best Walks in the Cape Peninsula” (Random House Struik) and do all his hikes every year My dogs. Don’t trust people who don’t like animals, believe me. They’re also a great source of outside The Obs Spar Bakery – fresh […]
things i like right now by fred of toy robot / fiction fred
- 1 Million by Paco Rabanne – It’s the best.
- Fish Eye – I love this camera, it’s something I raise a toast to.
- The Gold watch – for the brave. It’s bling, but not 50-cent. It makes a strong statement and it’s making finally making a comeback after years of sitting on the bench. Get one. Or steal your father’s.
- Persol Eyewear, Sun collection - I want them all. Can’t wait for summer…
- Designer Track Pants – bring it.
- Steph Weiss – Delicate, smooth and creamy. Liquid velvet. This has been my number 1 beer for a while now. Think creamy vanilla.
- Plaid Tie – I need one. Not sure why, but I need one. Just a gut feeling.
- Weber Q300 – It’s the push button ignition, the stainless steel burners and the 100 square cm cooking area that seals it for me.
- Eternal Pursuit – A book published by Ogilvy & Mather about David Ogilvy’s philosophy applied to today’s advertising agency. Focuses on the 8 Habits of Highly Creative Communities. Published internally at Ogilvy & Mather and distributed internally. Unavailable elsewhere. It’s my golden pocketbook. Kinda like my advertising mini-bible. As you can see it is well-read.
- YUM YUM Characters – Toy designs have boomed over last few years and I haven’t seen a better crafted collection than this. I WANT them. I love their subtle character nuances. The video is damn funny too.
- Hipstamatic – I love this iPhone app right now. It’s vintage and it makes almost anything look stylish. It’s like having a designer in my pocket
- The Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2010 – This will be my next car. Not only am I currently driving one, but I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember.
- Fleet Foxes – I am in love with this band. The “drunken Texas sun” shines on my every time I listen to them. It’s winter music, warms the heart. Top songs: Oliver James, White Winter Hymnal & Ragged Wood.
if you’re in the cape town area code make sure to pop into field office, a new coffee shop / design museum / art gallery/ your office away from your office / your boardroom away from your boardroom. the brain child of designers pedersen + lennard, the space caters for people looking for a place to be inspired, have some good eats (gourmet sarmies & cakes) and drink some great coffee. you can find them on barrack street (beteween buitenkant & harrington) … also follow them on twitter and on facebook. all photographs belong to field office.