things i like right now by samuel sparrow of sparrow and co
- Lavenham Denston Brown Jacket – These British made jackets are made in a tiny village in Suffolk called Lavenham. Initially intended for the equestrian world, they have amassed a huge following in recent years. Their jackets are beautifully made and now come in a range of fashion led colours and finishes.
- Pomadour Hair – When I look at James Dean I have serious hair envy
- Ray Ban Wayfarer 5184’s Dark Havana Glasses
- Diesel watch DZ1506 – I was given this watch as a 21st birthday present from my wife. It is one of my fondest processions.
- Citroen DS Pallas – is simply the most beautiful car in the world. Roland Barthes famously commented it looked ‘as if it had fallen from the sky.’
- Hunter Argyle Wellington Boots – These boots are built to last. I keep an emergency pair in the boot of my car.
- Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne – To me fragrances are so emotive…it reminds me of my grandfathers shaving soap and old leather bound books. It’s made by London barber and perfumer Geo F Trumper
- My iPhone. I often get dirty look from wife and accusations that I love my iPhone more than her. The truth is I run my whole business with the help of my iPhone. It’s got me out of a few pickles and I’d simply be lost without it.
- Jean Prouvé - he worked as a designer, craftsman, manufacturer, architect, teacher and engineer. He was a true multi-disciplined artists and creator. His Compass table is truly iconic.
- My wife… Laura Sparrow. I’d be lost without her. This is a portrait I gave Laura when we got married, it’s by American artist Brooke Olivares
- British Seaside – Beach huts, fish and chips and a bracing wind…you can’t beat the British seaside
book of lists by mia nolting.
things i like right now by richard of the rycat projects
- Enjolife farm – In middle of the Cederberg mountains with nothing to do, and no cell phone coverage. Perfection.
- Homemade In-N-Out’s Double-Double – I’ve made this a few times now at home and its as good as it looks.
- Eames Hang-It-All Limited Edition – Should go pretty well with our Coricraft couches…
- White Collar Boxing – Amped to go to the next fight night on Nov 26th (via Guy With Camera)
- Made by Joel – Please don’t let my kids see this site. They may want to trade me in for Joel.
- Ella & Louis - I heard The Nearness Of You on the radio last week, and had to buy the album.
- Growing Vegetables Upside Down looks like fun, and great if you have a small garden like we do.
- Elijah – This list wouldn’t be complete without the new edition to our family – Elijah.
- Bakoven Beach – Perfect little beach. The fact that there is only parking for 4 cars and the beach is submerged at high tide keeps the crowds away.
- FinePix X100 – Poor man’s M9?
this picture (left) from asos. every time i look at it i think “don’t go, winter! don’t gooooo!” they also have a great online magazine, did you know that? now you do. and ad campaigns, shot by the selby. sigh.
this outfit from totokaelo (aaaaaah)
these pictures of holidaying in croatia. balls.
this fox. mid sneeze or mid giggle? we’ll never know.
this picture, so much
this place. holy shit, right?
this toasted cheese sarmie. get in me belly.
this flipping mulberry bag. flip. flip!
i can get by in a foreign city on very little – and paris is no exception. i’m talking food, here. give me a baguette and some cheese and i’m pretty much good to go the entire day. actually, give me bread and cheese just in general and i’m good to go – forever. the […]
i wish i could have taken photos of every single rad and interesting person i saw in paris, but i didn’t want to be that creepy girl that took photos of strangers all day long. my paris memories are already starting to fade, this saddens me. see the rest of the paris photos at my flickr
things i like right now by larita of the daily cut-ups My Lisa Firer floral porcelain vase Jasmine flowers in September, the smell always makes me nostalgic Looking for old picture books at second hand stores An excuse to have a toned-down version of a Marie Antoinette dress made (ala Coppola style) Road tripping ( […]
things i like right now by janine of being brazen The idea of spending a week or two in New York City – While I have seen New York in “real” life before, I have never had the chance to really go sightseeing. Lately I daydream about going there too much Jimmy Choo ‘Phoenix’ espadrilles […]
we’re not done with paris… yet. i still have many photos to get through, so in the meantime i thought i’d show you the apartment we stayed in. it’s on the left bank right behind notre dame, and filled with so much awesome art and weird little artefacts that my eyeballs almost fell out.
things i like right now by lyndall of superette
- Prussian food – I recently ate at Marjellchen in Berlin and they serve things like Masurian Jugged Game of Stag and Wild-Boar with Bacon and Forest Mushrooms, served with dumplings, stewed Cabbage and Cranberries… Seriously. It is fantastical.
- Gastronomica – I stole a couple of copies of this magazine a few years ago and this year I’ve promised myself a subscription. A great great food magazine that is about much more than just food.
- Tom Ford’s Black Orchid – it doesn’t beat Alexander McQueen’s Kingdom but it’s definitely a close second and way more available considering Kingdom has been discontinued. Bastards!
- Buying prints online – cheap and there is so much good stuff out there. The one on the left came from circusmuseum.nl and the other is an Uncle Allan print
- The Jutland Coast – their Summer houses and the great seafood they have there – fresh, cured and smoked.
- King Frederik IX – he was a sailor, an orchestra conductor and an all round stand up guy. I’m hoping to find a decent book about his life and times.
- Souvenir shops – My latest purchases: Dala Horses and a Giant Ceramic Penis Salt Shaker?! For Realz.
- Our American Bulldogs, when we were away we missed them terribly
- Kusmi Tea‘s Prince Vladimir – Ceylon and Chinese Black teas with citrus, vanilla and other spices
- The Mess – a pop up restaurant up in the North Country put together by Kathryn White and Jonathan Cane. Cam put me onto their blog so I spy on their goings ons every now and then. The food they’re cooking, the fact that they’re educating people with new ingredients and methods, and just the way they pull it all off makes me want to rip my ‘green with envy’ eyeballs out.
- My friend Liam’s new shop – hopefully now he’ll give me free stuff, like the 4 foot circular dining room table we need…
- My new and perfect boots that took goddamn weeks to find but I never gave up! I’ve christened them The Goose Steppers
- The only way to wear a shirt – Vatos Locos style