note: i asked casey if she’d like to participate in the series and she went above and beyond. apart from making this rad collage herself, she trekked to an internet cafe to send it! casey is awesome. please click on it to see it LARGE.
this story about cowboys (hummana hummana):
this scene in mad men (did you watch it?)
… also this scene (those glasses)
these bags by cambridge satchel company:
this photograph from this set of kodachromes:
this post about mia farrow:
these shoes by dieppa restrepo:
this picture of harrison ford (hummana hummana):
this handkerchief map wedding invitation:
and this swimsuit calendar featuring zach galifinakis made me laugh, a lot.
- Colour at Jil Sander: These brights make me so happy. Jil Sander pulls off colour with pure class.
- Pictures of Cats: Not the LOL kind. There’s something special about capturing a moment with a cat on camera. Probably because they can be so aloof.
- Vredehoek: Friends’ balconies, warm summer evenings, saturday morning walks to the Spar – Vredehoek feels like home and I don’t even live there. Image via HighArt/LowLife
- Unusual Hats: I heart hats. Give me a turban, fez, bowler or boater and I’m yours! Image via Yvan Rodic
- Models who read backstage: Fighting the stereotype that models are stupid one novel at a time.
- Socks: I must have inherited my love of socks from my mom. Polkadots, stripes, argyle, Nordic print – she has a pair to match any outfit. I’ve started my own collection, but it pales in comparison to hers. Image via Teen Vogue
- Blog Books: Few things make me happier than my collection of blog books. All I need is Fifi Lapin’s “What Shall I Wear Today?” and my life will be complete.
- Kris Atomic: a freelance illustrator from Brighton who has the coolest blog and makes the most amazing drawings.
- These Outfits: Simple. Classic. Effortless. Chic. Everything an outfit should be. Left: The Sartorialist ; Right: Hanneli Mustaparta
- My Margot Molyneux Cape: Local designer Margot Molyneux fulfilled my sartorial dreams when she made me this camel cape. I swear it has magical powers.
- Hiking Fern Dell at Griffith Park & brunching at The Trails…the ideal Sunday afternoon.
- Richard Neutra’s architecture. Lately I’ve been re-discovering and lusting over all of his work.
- Essie’s Mucho Dinero nailpolish. Alas, I’ve discovered the perfect neutral.
- A.R. Trapp Quadra sunglasses.
- Laura Lombardi’s jewelry – without a doubt my favorite designer currently.
- Delorean‘s Subiza album. I like to run in the mornings and this is the ultimate soundtrack.
- Denim button-up’s. I’ve just recently found one at H&M and haven’t taken it off since.
- Braids – I’m determined to grow my hair out and make this look work for fall.
- The interiors at Bottega Louie in Downtown Los Angeles. Simply stunning.
- The backpack as a purse replacement. Totally utilitarian, but also kind of stylish.
- The Container Store’s letter boxes in orange for my office. From afar, they look like Hermès. ;)
- My Teux Deux list – it keeps me endlessly organized.
- Hear Black – their photography, their Etsy shop, their taste in music. And Nathan & Katie are just so darn cute.
- Carey Mulligan – I adore pretty much everything about her.
- Salted caramel desserts, my new vice.
i actually have a guest post at jessica’s blog today about my fall favourites, read it here.
this garden makes me so jealous.
this outfit at totokaelo
things i like right now by katherine of anything goes
- Picnics. There’s not much to compare to the simple pleasure of a baguette, cheese and a bottle of wine – particularly when enjoyed on the banks of the Seine.
- Stripes. Print by Valerie Galloway.
- Shoes by United Nude. I still haven’t got myself a pair of these yet, but the lo res design are my recent favourites. United Nude is the footwear brand co-founded by architect Rem D. Koolhaas.
- Babies. Perhaps because my sister just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I’m not usually that maternal – so I’m expecting this phase to pass :)
- Street art spotted while wandering.
- Fresh flowers. Especially when bought at a local market.
- Caramel au beurre salé glaces. (Salted butter caramel ice cream) I first tasted this in Paris and recently made my own batch from this recipe.
- Guerlain perfume. Specifically, Mitsouko, created in 1919. Guerlain is one of the oldest perfume houses in the world. In fact, I’m a little scent obsessed … look out for a post on that soon…
- I have to admit I’m a fan of the the rom-com genre. Intellectual it’s not, but sometimes a girl just needs a good laugh and a little romance from a movie. L’Arnacoeur (The Heartbreaker) make me laugh out loud – watch it, if only for the dance scenes! *disclaimer – I may have been seriously affected by jet lag when judging this movie.
- Spotify. Sadly, not available in SA yet.
- Geeky specs. Just because.
- And finally, Pedicures. Nothing like a little pampering. It’s time to pack away the boots and put on sandals.
Delivered to your inbox
Email me to find out about my rates:
diana @ missmoss.co.za
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009