i’m so behind on my paris posts. you’re probably thinking, “paris. *rolls eyes* seriously? you’re still talking about this? weren’t you there over a year ago…” it sure feels like it guys. more of paris at my flickr
things i like right now by mallix Weekend hiking – we use Mike Lundy’s book: “Best Walks in the Cape Peninsula” (Random House Struik) and do all his hikes every year My dogs. Don’t trust people who don’t like animals, believe me. They’re also a great source of outside The Obs Spar Bakery – fresh […]
let’s run away together and just do this. photos by anna v. + marek s.
oooh wee it’s been a long time since i’ve done one of these. though it’s actually a pretty good idea to smash all the lovely interwebs fashion finds into one post because there’s just so much of it. so much of the goodness.
too many wonderful new things at la garconne to count. damn you.
same goes for frances may. double damn you.
oh and totokaelo. of course.
fischer s/s 2011. i want this outfit please.
carven s/s 2011. crap sticks.
always enjoy opening ceremony. always.
and then there’s net-a-porter. i mean, really.
i used to be subscribed to many a tumblr, but it was actually so overwhelming in terms of imagery imagery imagery that i stopped. i wanted to discover things i like more organically, rather than scrolling through page after page after page of pictures. that being said, i bookmarked quite a few pics of rad famous peeps during that time. sharing is caring.
- 1 Million by Paco Rabanne – It’s the best.
- Fish Eye – I love this camera, it’s something I raise a toast to.
- The Gold watch – for the brave. It’s bling, but not 50-cent. It makes a strong statement and it’s making finally making a comeback after years of sitting on the bench. Get one. Or steal your father’s.
- Persol Eyewear, Sun collection - I want them all. Can’t wait for summer…
- Designer Track Pants – bring it.
- Steph Weiss – Delicate, smooth and creamy. Liquid velvet. This has been my number 1 beer for a while now. Think creamy vanilla.
- Plaid Tie – I need one. Not sure why, but I need one. Just a gut feeling.
- Weber Q300 – It’s the push button ignition, the stainless steel burners and the 100 square cm cooking area that seals it for me.
- Eternal Pursuit – A book published by Ogilvy & Mather about David Ogilvy’s philosophy applied to today’s advertising agency. Focuses on the 8 Habits of Highly Creative Communities. Published internally at Ogilvy & Mather and distributed internally. Unavailable elsewhere. It’s my golden pocketbook. Kinda like my advertising mini-bible. As you can see it is well-read.
- YUM YUM Characters – Toy designs have boomed over last few years and I haven’t seen a better crafted collection than this. I WANT them. I love their subtle character nuances. The video is damn funny too.
- Hipstamatic – I love this iPhone app right now. It’s vintage and it makes almost anything look stylish. It’s like having a designer in my pocket
- The Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2010 – This will be my next car. Not only am I currently driving one, but I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember.
- Fleet Foxes – I am in love with this band. The “drunken Texas sun” shines on my every time I listen to them. It’s winter music, warms the heart. Top songs: Oliver James, White Winter Hymnal & Ragged Wood.