more radness planned for the week, so be sure to visit joanna’s blog.
last year fair lady magazine asked if i’d like to contribute one of my things i like right now lists for their march issue, since they were doing a special on local bloggers (bloggin’ buds angie, lana & lauren are also featured.) they even let me design the collage, which was really awesome of them. read the article here and see my list below…
- Seventies Style. Emilio Pucci’s Resort 2011 collection completely nails the seventies look I love.
- Swedish Hasbeens. Said obsession with the seventies is encapsulated perfectly by these t-strap clogs.
- Boardwalk Empire. Set in prohibition era Atlantic City, not only is the costume & set design absolutely lush to look at – the storyline is dark and gripping. You wouldn’t expect anything less with heavyweights like Steve Buscemi and Martin Scorsese involved.
- Scotch Naturals. A water-based environmentally friendly non-toxic nail polish – need I say more?
- LeRoy Grannis. California’s surf culture in the sixties & seventies as photographed by LeRoy Grannis.
- Matt & Kim – Sidewalks. Joyous indie pop might be a good way to describe this album – just the kind of thing to play when you’re planning a sunny road trip or having a pool party.
- Spence. A sophisticated online shopping experience that provides only the best from local designers like Missibaba, Christopher Strong and more. Basically what I’ve been waiting for since the internet came into existence.
- Everson’s Cider. I love this handcrafted cider from the Elgin Overberg – make mine icey cold please.
- Tsovet Watches. Designed in California, these watches are inspired by vintage aviation gauges from the 1940’s and ’50s.
- Svpply. A great way to discover products online, ranging from fashion to homeware, as curated by like-minded people from across the globe.