One of my FAVOURITE creative duos, photographer Alix-Rose Cowie and stylist slash advertising whizz gal slash most fashionable girl in Cape Town Kate Desmarais…
Katherine-Mary Pichulik is a multi-talented local lass from Cape Town – she trained as a pastry chef, dabbled in the art world, worked on…
i’m really excited to offer you an exclusive first look at the new shoot from Kate and Alix (who you will remember from their last venture…
kate and alix-rose are two talented cape town locals who i’ve come to know via twitter (the internet never ceases to bring me joy…
- The Runaways – 70s Rock ‘n Roll played by wayward teenage girls
- Denim on Denim ala George Harrison
- Cape Town jewellery design label Oh Dear, Megan by Megan Fogarty – In love with this particular ring, she has used the inside of a vintage watch to make it.
- Working from home
- Rock biographies – Just finished “I was Keith Richards’ drug dealer” by Tony Sanchez. Eye-opening.
- The photography of 17 year old Australian, Nirrimi. – At 17 I might’ve had hobbies but this girl has a career. She has just shot for the Diesel ‘Be Stupid’ catalogue.
- My new specs – Only found out a week ago that I need to wear glasses. The novelty hasn’t worn off yet so I’m like a kid with a new toy.
- Top knots – Ever-convenient and they somehow make you look slimmer, weird.
- Rose printed upholstery – In my early teens I was so ashamed of the out-of-date rose printed couches we had in our lounge. Now l want them to be left to me!
- Thomas Pepler’s film photography – Local Cape Town designer with an incredible eye for photography. Jealousy-inducing.