One of my FAVOURITE creative duos, photographer Alix-Rose Cowie and stylist slash advertising whizz gal slash most fashionable girl in Cape Town Kate Desmarais have created a beautiful lookbook for local jewellery range Pichulik. I’m blogging about this from NYC, because I couldn’t wait, but also because even though I am surrounded by cool shit […]READ MORE
Katherine-Mary Pichulik is a multi-talented local lass from Cape Town – she trained as a pastry chef, dabbled in the art world, worked on organic farms from Barcelona to Granada… then she started making jewellery after a backpacking trip to India. says Kat, From a young age I have always been rather crafty assembling random […]READ MORE
i’m really excited to offer you an exclusive first look at the new shoot from Kate and Alix (who you will remember from their last venture Fancy Pants) For our first shoot of 2012 we wanted to play with the idea of asymmetry which is how we came up with the title Off-Kilter. We loved the fact that […]READ MORE
kate and alix-rose are two talented cape town locals who i’ve come to know via twitter (the internet never ceases to bring me joy it seems). kate is a copywriter with a great penchant for fashion, and alix-rose is a photographer whose work i’m always excited to see over at her blog. they’ve done some […]READ MORE
- The Runaways – 70s Rock ‘n Roll played by wayward teenage girls
- Denim on Denim ala George Harrison
- Cape Town jewellery design label Oh Dear, Megan by Megan Fogarty – In love with this particular ring, she has used the inside of a vintage watch to make it.
- Working from home
- Rock biographies – Just finished “I was Keith Richards’ drug dealer” by Tony Sanchez. Eye-opening.
- The photography of 17 year old Australian, Nirrimi. – At 17 I might’ve had hobbies but this girl has a career. She has just shot for the Diesel ‘Be Stupid’ catalogue.
- My new specs – Only found out a week ago that I need to wear glasses. The novelty hasn’t worn off yet so I’m like a kid with a new toy.
- Top knots – Ever-convenient and they somehow make you look slimmer, weird.
- Rose printed upholstery – In my early teens I was so ashamed of the out-of-date rose printed couches we had in our lounge. Now l want them to be left to me!
- Thomas Pepler’s film photography – Local Cape Town designer with an incredible eye for photography. Jealousy-inducing.