i love the idea of solid perfume, mostly because i like having something in my bag that i can reapply during the day without accidentally spritzing some stranger in the face. that’s why i always have this with me – but i think it’s time to find something more substantially fragranced.…
lizard analogy explained below since pregnancy my complexion has adopted what i’d like to call “lizard skin”. nobody talks about lizard skin, they only talk about that that glow that all pregnant women seem to bask under. not me, my skin went from kinda okay and normal to dry and red,…
Adina Grigore starting creating all-natural products to meet the needs of her own sensitive skin – and so began S.W. Basics, a skincare line based in Brooklyn. their products are all made from scratch using natural & potent ingredients – with a ‘less isn’t just more; less is everything’ attitude.
Nail Art + Art History = Nail Art History. the woman behind the nails – and attached to the nails – is Susi Kenna, an art lover (who actually works for an Art PR firm) who interprets the work of contemporary artists into 10 nail designs and then painstakingly creates these tiny masterpieces…
kate is one of my best friends who i met in high school. she is an aspiring bag designer – keep an eye out for this lady.
things i like right now by kate of mooi mooi
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in sepia ink with ultra fine eyeliner brush – its super easy to apply and long wearing so I don’t end up looking like a raccoon at the end of a long day (or night).
- Collect necklaces – especially the bokkie :)
- Peonies – a bunch of these beauties is the easiest way to get into my good books ;)
- Narciso Rodriguez for her – thanks to Miss Moss for introducing me to this, its no. 1 on my Christmas wishlist.
- Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener – I love this product. Think YSL Touche Eclat, just more affordable.
- My grandfather’s Praktica Super TL camera.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve – forget eight hour cream, this is a miracle in a tin.
- Greta Garbo inspired Dior ad campaign.
- Patterns in my coffee – I have become such a regular at my local Vida that the baristas make a game of creating new and interesting patterns in my double meia froth. Both the coffee and the photo are by a friend of mine, Nathalie. Too cute.
- Feminine, lingerie inspired, summer frocks.
- Donna Karan Double Zip Messenger Bag – wouldn’t mind it being a bit smaller though… guess i need make my own version ;)
- Vintage margazit brooch from my mom – priceless.
- Comfy flat shoes for long summer walks with my dogs.
i need to get myself some of that eyeliner and eye brightener, am a serious sufferer of panda eyes
i want everything on this list. especially the eau des jardins – i would probably bathe in it.
introducing a new guest post feature where i ask south african bloggers & friends what they like, right now…
- leggins. current fav: grey / black zebra print.
- l’oreal true match foundation. perfect color match, super fast application and blends very easily. good coverage, but at the same time your skin feels like it can breathe.
- oversized pocket cardigans. any color will do and most stores have them. they’re very comfortable and you can wear it with just about anything and everything.
- mac blot powder. must-have. best. thing. ever. tip: use a big fluffy powder brush for the best application.
- cake pops. basically it’s cake mixed with frosting, dipped in chocolate – on a stick! yum. try the red velvet version (mixed with cream cheese frosting). dee-licious!
- wallpaper* city guides (phaidon). love these little books and you can make a rainbow if you stack em. nice for a little escape and visiting a different city each time. plus, i love opening the first page and comparing skylines. things dorks do.
- the prophet by kahlil gibran. there are no words truer than these.
- sally hansen insta dri. discovered these at a k-mart. it has a flat brush that gives you a lot of control and insta dri means exactly that – it literally dries instantly.
- american apparel tri-blend light weight raglan pullovers. ah-ma-zing! bought my first one a few years ago and they are still my favorite of all favorites. you can stretch them as much as you like – works great for an off-the-shoulder look – and they make very comfy pajamas too :)
* and in some cases – always
we really need those sally hansen insta dri polishes here, hey? i’m on board with everything else on this list, too. what kind of person wouldn’t like cake on a stick.