Adina Grigore starting creating all-natural products to meet the needs of her own sensitive skin – and so began S.W. Basics, a skincare line based in Brooklyn. their products are all made from scratch using natural & potent ingredients – with a ‘less isn’t just more; less is everything’ attitude. We’ve found that if we stick […]READ MORE
i’ve done a beauty type post before, but never really delved into what i actually use in my daily routine. confession: i am a beauty product hoarder. the other day i discovered a box of half empty beauty products from years ago and for a moment i thought – maybe i should keep them, you never […]READ MORE
Nail Art + Art History = Nail Art History. the woman behind the nails – and attached to the nails – is Susi Kenna, an art lover (who actually works for an Art PR firm) who interprets the work of contemporary artists into 10 nail designs and then painstakingly creates these tiny masterpieces with the help of masterful […]READ MORE
i’m sitting here, early morning in cape town, with my cup of coffee… and a face mask on. i love this time of day. most people are still sleeping and i feel like i have a secret few hours to just sit in the quiet and do whatever i want. hence the face mask, everyone […]READ MORE
i have a bit of an obsession with beauty products. not make-up – i just use concealer, mascara, this stuff and maybe some lipstick if i’m feeling fancy. make-up actually just intimidates me, and mostly i’m too lazy to figure out what to do (even though watching tutorials is totally mesmerizing). but stuff that cleans […]READ MORE
i LOOOOOOVE Uniqlo. every time i saw one in New York i’d turn to Anton and say, UNIQLO! i first discovered them in London many years back, and i still have some of their lovely woollen cardigans that i bought about 7 years ago in my cupboard. they’ve just launched this sweet series of how-to […]READ MORE
the one thing i’m pretty sure about re: the wedding is that i don’t want to hire a hair / make-up artist. i’m not high maintenance when it comes to these things, and besides getting the right primer & foundation i think i’ll be okay following a couple of youtube tutorials (practice makes perfect, right?). […]READ MORE
i haven’t been able to get the beautiful hair accessories by Brook&Lyn and Jujumade out of my mind since they launched their LA colab series recently. why don’t we dress up our hair more? i’m not one to talk, since i barely ever wear my hair out of a top knot (yes i’m one of […]READ MORE
kate is one of my best friends who i met in high school. she is an aspiring bag designer – keep an eye out for this lady.
things i like right now by kate of mooi mooi
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in sepia ink with ultra fine eyeliner brush – its super easy to apply and long wearing so I don’t end up looking like a raccoon at the end of a long day (or night).
- Collect necklaces – especially the bokkie :)
- Peonies – a bunch of these beauties is the easiest way to get into my good books ;)
- Narciso Rodriguez for her – thanks to Miss Moss for introducing me to this, its no. 1 on my Christmas wishlist.
- Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener – I love this product. Think YSL Touche Eclat, just more affordable.
- My grandfather’s Praktica Super TL camera.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve – forget eight hour cream, this is a miracle in a tin.
- Greta Garbo inspired Dior ad campaign.
- Patterns in my coffee – I have become such a regular at my local Vida that the baristas make a game of creating new and interesting patterns in my double meia froth. Both the coffee and the photo are by a friend of mine, Nathalie. Too cute.
- Feminine, lingerie inspired, summer frocks.
- Donna Karan Double Zip Messenger Bag – wouldn’t mind it being a bit smaller though… guess i need make my own version ;)
- Vintage margazit brooch from my mom – priceless.
- Comfy flat shoes for long summer walks with my dogs.
i need to get myself some of that eyeliner and eye brightener, am a serious sufferer of panda eyesREAD MORE
things i like right now by thaya of beatnik bazaar Things I’m loving = Local Here are some goodies I’m loving by local designers, who never cease to amaze me with their beautiful creations. Buying local fills me with such a sense of pride, that not only am I supporting South African designers, but I’m […]READ MORE