if you are a long time reader you’ll know Catherine of Wolf Eyebrows, who is a blog pal and fellow Capetonian. Cath has been doing some cool 30 day sketch projects, each with a theme, and documenting them on her instagram. right now she’s busy with “ailments and their plant remedies”. i admire the dedication it takes to stick to a 30 day project. follow along here.
ooooh you’re in for a treat! regular readers will be familiar with catherine of wolf eyebrows (if you guys don’t read her blog already, you should). i have said this before but sometimes i think cath is my blog twin, we have very similar tastes in almost everything. she’s put together a visual comparison treat for you – check out some of her other art & food posts here and here and make sure to follow catherine on twitter & pinterest. she also blogs for Nice Work which is an excellent inspirational resource for designers or anyone into all things creative.
Some of you may know that Diana and I run a tumblr dedicated to the most important meal of the day: breakfast. So when I was asked to contribute a guest post to this wonderful blog my mind immediately wandered to all things culinary.
Since Diana is the queen of artistic and aesthetic comparisons, I decided to create a series of visual comparisons that marry my love of food with my appreciation for art. I hope they satisfy your eyes and your stomachs.
Thanks for having me Diana!
whoa, the BKFST tumblr hit
900 1000 followers today! i have to tell you that this is partly because of the greatness that is catherine green aka wolf eyebrows. you have probably noticed her in my blog roll on the right, and you may remember her things i like right now when i first started the series. she is something of a bloggin’ kindred spirit… so it was a bit of a no duh moment when i asked her if she’d be keen to contribute to BKFST. she is totally putting me to shame too – i find myself having to keep up with all her incredible tasty finds.
please see BKFST for all the image sources
- Bare ankles and APC loafers – I want some so badly
- Finnish patterns by Sanna Annukka
- My vintage children’s book collection– because a part of me will never grow up
- Triangle necklace by Laura Lombardi – because triangles are cool
- Scalloped shorts – so pretty
- Barcelona chair by Mies van der Rohe – a classic
- The Tallest Man on Earth – a little Swedish man who plays the banjo
- Mad Men – no explanation needed here
- Mast Brothers – chocolate, awesome beards and beautiful packaging
- Lizzy Stewart – I wish I could draw like her
- Coralie Bickford-Smith’s book cover designs
if ever i had a blogging twin, wolf eyebrows would be it. i can’t count how many times catherine and i have unintentionally done identical posts. so if you like the content around here, definitely pay her a visit :)
ps: those shorts!